Titans admit defeat in battle with Suns

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Titans admit defeat in battle with Suns

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:37 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:16 pm
I'm going to call it, i think Titans will win the battle of the crowds this year..

Titans will play 11 games at Robina 1 game at Suncorp

Suns will play 9 games at Carrara and 2 games in NT
I think you are correct….however my end year (average) figures for Suns v Titans only include home games played at home.

The titans v broncos game will take some catching up, and the suns are not playing well enough to do it at this stage.
As I have said before, the suns really know how to lose a game.
they will come out very close. for the SUNS will come down to Collingwood and Carlton Games.

lol yeah those suns look very amateurish sometimes and lose the unlosable :lol:
These users liked the author leeroy*NRL* for the post:
Quolls2019 (Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:40 pm)
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:59 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:16 pm
I'm going to call it, i think Titans will win the battle of the crowds this year..

Titans will play 11 games at Robina 1 game at Suncorp

Suns will play 9 games at Carrara and 2 games in NT
I think you are correct….however my end year (average) figures for Suns v Titans only include home games played at home.

The titans v broncos game will take some catching up, and the suns are not playing well enough to do it at this stage.
they will come out very close. for the SUNS will come down to Collingwood and Carlton Games.

Damn, lose the unlosable…I could not have said it better…
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:45 pm)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:50 pm
Bout time the arrogant merkins admitted they could not win the war on the Gold Coast. Olive branch now offered to the Suns. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Add to that free memberships for any kid on the Gold Coast. Talk about desperate times Titans... $25 million in debt as well. Will the NRL grant get them out of that???

Pffttt :(/ :(/ :(/
Gold Coast Titans offer olive branch to AFL neighbours Gold Coast Suns over scheduling clashes
By Laine Clark
AAP
August 22, 20124:25PM

A day after the NRL hoped to have struck a blow in the cross-code battle with their $1.025 billion TV rights deal, Gold Coast Titans offered an olive branch to AFL club Gold Coast Suns over their local turf war.

Titans chief executive David May says he has already begun peace talks with the Suns to avoid future cross-code home game clashes after the new broadcast deal ensured fixed scheduling for the 2013 NRL season's first 20 rounds.

"I would like to see both clubs working together," May said.

"I have had a brief chat with the guys over there (Suns). It's not a secret that if we both play at the same time we are not going to get the crowds that we want."

May addressed the media on the Gold Coast on Wednesday to spruik news that they would reduce membership prices "across the board" next year after average home crowds dropped to 14,000 in 2012.

The Titans' financial plight is well documented - May took over from ex-boss Michael Searle barely three weeks ago with a new board set to deal with their $25 million debt.

But May said the Suns' impact on the tourist strip had nothing to do with the new membership cuts he claimed "nobody else had done before" in the NRL.

"We spoke to our supporters and this was the message - they want to come but the economic constraints are proving difficult for them," May said.

"We are not competing with them (Suns) for memberships. We are trying to do the best for our members.

"We don't need membership to go up. We want membership to go up."

May said their current 14,000 home crowd average was "on the bottom end" of their expectations.

"I would like to see 20,000 ... the membership part of that is real important so we are doing what we can to influence that," he said.

May also said he did not have a problem with Channel Nine's preference for Brisbane to play the majority of Friday night games under the new TV rights deal because they sell best in Queensland.

Titans' Friday night games have slumped from 11 in 2010 to seven this year.

"I think Friday night is a double-edged sword. I think it is great for some games but not helpful for others," May said.

"For example we had the Broncos on a Friday night - if we had it here on a Sunday we would have had 28,000 people.

"You have to balance out the TV audience with the people who want to come to the game.

"We wouldn't mind a few more Friday night games. I think we will get our share because our team looks a very good prospect next year."

Under the new TV deal, NRL clubs will receive a larger grant from the ARLC next year but May was coy when asked how much he would like to see.

"Until the collective bargaining agreement is signed we won't know what it (TV deal) means for us, but it will be a significant improvement on this year which is great," he said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6455947954
And when was the last time the Sun's sold out a home game?

Titans basically did that last week.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:40 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:59 am

Damn, lose the unlosable…I could not have said it better…
Except this weekend.
I kept waiting for them to fall apart in the last quarter, and at times it looked like they might.
Well done…now to win some games in front of a home crowd.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

Two wins in a row for the Suns.
Suddenly this year is looking a lot better for them
These users liked the author Bbear for the post:
Beaussie (Mon May 01, 2023 9:52 pm)
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Was watching the game and thinking can they hang on lol

Well done Suns. Gees imagine if they beat the Dees.