Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Pete__09 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:01 pm
The Lions played an awesome game also on Saturday in SA vs North Melbourne.

Both the Lions & the Broncos are looking good this year. I don't think they have ever been both so good the same year so this year is very exciting.

Both the Gold Coast teams suck though as normal.
Jesus h fuck
You think the titans suck
Pull your head out of your fumble hole & look at reality for a change
The Titans are just outside the 8 & are playing very well this yr .
That beat the Storm a few weeks ago
They’ve won more than 1 game lol that’s how many the suns have won .
Pete get someone with an IQ above that of a dead house plant to proof read your posts before you submit .
You might then look like you got a couple of functioning brain cells .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:29 pm
On another note, how good was gather round in Adelaide on the weekend. Apparently the whole state stopped to watch & follow it. It dominated the media.

Brisbane could only dream of that happening with the magic round where only Rugby League diehards really follow it.

It just shows the difference in each code where footy in Adelaide footy is a religion & Rugby League in Brisbane is just a popular sport.
:hmm:

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

oh Petey
your spasticity has hit new levels

the whole state stopped to watch it ?
all 1.8 million eh ?
:-k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

the largest audience to watch any of the games in that insignificant little desert shithole was about 100K
not quite the ..... whole .. state hey petey you wannabe mo*ng :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

the entire thing was an abject failure & a pale imitation of the NRL's magic round
sellouts announced , but crowds looking like they barely half filled the Sadelaide oval ... just reinforced the suspicion that the AFLOL couldn't lie straight in bed
exposed as lying scum .... again [-X [-X [-X [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(

it was a very bad look for racistball , fumblers trotting out to half empty stadiums , or avoiding cow turds on goat paddocks
in stark contrast the NRL's magic round with Suncorp bursting at the seams for all 8 games .. in a modern magnificent stadium

NRL's magic round 10/10
AFLOL's " reach around " ....3/10
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Ratings in Adelaide were up this weekend..
But that did include primetime games to Crows and Port
Thursday 148k
Friday 103k
Saturday 130k
Sunday 62k

So to Answers PETES comment.. (the entire state got behind it) hmmm yeah no so much.. a Lift but not by that much
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:25 am
Ratings in Adelaide were up this weekend..
But that did include primetime games to Crows and Port
Thursday 148k
Friday 103k
Saturday 130k
Sunday 62k

So to Answers PETES comment.. (the entire state got behind it) hmmm yeah no so much.. a Lift but not by that much
Lol Pete in the bubble
Truth dies in the bubble.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

Yeah the gather round did seem like a bit of a flop for AFL. I heard all the huge entire sellout claims, but this clearly wasn't the case when you saw the crowds in the stadiums
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

when the big Victorian Clubs don't show up in Goldie the crowds Half.
9k at the Suns Game on Sunday
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I’m thinking that was about what I’d suspect. Playing poorly and playing a lowly supported team - to get 9000 I’m quite happy with that.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:08 pm
when the big Victorian Clubs don't show up in Goldie the crowds Half.
9k at the Suns Game on Sunday
no vicderpian teams
no fans

this sport just doesn't appeal to anyone else on the planet

what a sad little reality for them
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:59 pm
I’m thinking that was about what I’d suspect. Playing poorly and playing a lowly supported team - to get 9000 I’m quite happy with that.
you don't " suspect" a crowd fweddy
you " expect " it

& you'd be happy with 900 & spin that , you deluded halfwit :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
These users liked the author truthbomber for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:16 pm)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Massive game for the Suns vs Pies this weekend. Could this be the first sellout crowd for the Suns in 2023? Apparently ticket sales very strong.

truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:33 am
Massive game for the Suns vs Pies this weekend. Could this be the first sellout crowd for the Suns in 2023? Apparently ticket sales very strong.

their first of 2023?

:hmm:

it'd be their first ever , they've never had one ... ever :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
lemme guess
it'll be an aflol sellout
so...
it'll be 5K below capacity & 75% of the cwowd will be supporting the Vicderpian mob

the only game being spoken about in SE QLD this weekend is the Big Brisbane Derby between the Broncos & Dolphins
Gabba sold out ( properly).. a month ago
enormous match

the NRL
only game in town
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Got my tickets - will be interesting to see what the crowd figure is. My suspicion is about 18000 - don’t think it will be a sell out but a good crowd nonetheless. School holidays, Collingwood, Suns going okay (but noone expects them to win) - I think 18000 is just a pass. I know I couldn’t get the tickets I wanted (chairman’s club), and they are encouraging people to purchase tickets if they want a seat (expecting a big crowd) however will have to wait and see. Anything over 20000 will be awesome. Think the record was against Pies when Ablett did his shoulder (suns won) website says it holds
27,500 But thinking it is possibly 27000 as some seats taken out for promotional area this season - Behind goals.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:49 pm

Got my tickets - will be interesting to see what the crowd figure is. My suspicion is about 18000 - don’t think it will be a sell out but a good crowd nonetheless. School holidays, Collingwood, Suns going okay (but noone expects them to win) - I think 18000 is just a pass. I know I couldn’t get the tickets I wanted (chairman’s club), and they are encouraging people to purchase tickets if they want a seat (expecting a big crowd) however will have to wait and see. Anything over 20000 will be awesome. Think the record was against Pies when Ablett did his shoulder (suns won) website says it holds
27,500 But thinking it is possibly 27000 as some seats taken out for promotional area this season - Behind goals.
Enjoy the game Fred 😉

Saturday’s clash at Heritage Bank Stadium is a near-sellout, with fewer than 1000 tickets still available.

Gold Coast CEO Mark Evans urged fans to pack the stands this weekend and help break the club’s single-game attendance record at Carrara of 24,032, which was set in Round 16, 2014 against Collingwood.

“The record crowd is a little over 24,000 and we haven’t had a crowd about 20,000 (at Heritage Bank Stadium) since then. The maximum capacity for this week’s match is a little over 25,500,” Evans said.

“Whether we can beat the record will depend on the show rate of people who have access to seats, so I would encourage them to make sure their seat is being used either by themselves or a family member – and to make sure that we have plenty of red and gold representing the Gold Coast.”
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:42 pm
Fred wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:49 pm

Enjoy the game Fred 😉

Saturday’s clash at Heritage Bank Stadium is a near-sellout, with fewer than 1000 tickets still available.

Gold Coast CEO Mark Evans urged fans to pack the stands this weekend and help break the club’s single-game attendance record at Carrara of 24,032, which was set in Round 16, 2014 against Collingwood.

“The record crowd is a little over 24,000 and we haven’t had a crowd about 20,000 (at Heritage Bank Stadium) since then. The maximum capacity for this week’s match is a little over 25,500,” Evans said.

“Whether we can beat the record will depend on the show rate of people who have access to seats, so I would encourage them to make sure their seat is being used either by themselves or a family member – and to make sure that we have plenty of red and gold representing the Gold Coast.”
wow
so there might be more then 5000 actual Thuns fans there ... a record :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I’m thinking it will still be under 20000. Last time they played the Pies the crowd was good but not great.
Veni, vidi, vici