Dolphins making History

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Dolphins making History

Post by truthbomber »

wow
Dolphins 3-0
Broncos to most likely be the same after tonight ..3-0

The Battle of Brisbane next Friday night
will be the only thing on the lips of Brisvegans all week , like .. that's all that will be talked about.
The biggest sporting event ever in QLD outside of a GF & 35 years in the making ... a true Brisbane derby.

i note the poor widdle paddle pop wions play a home game the same night at the Gabba
8-[

good luck anyone knowing or caring in the QLD capital
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Last edited by truthbomber on Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

It is interesting that the AFL scheduled the Lions on the same night as the Brisbane Derby.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:36 pm
It is interesting that the AFL scheduled the Lions on the same night as the Brisbane Derby.
i have already converted 2 great blokes from Melbourne
who now reside here, to the great game of Rugby League..

didn't take long once they were outside the bubble..

Quote, we really are in our own world down there, you do not realize it until you live in another state.

they are NOW DOLPHINS for LIFE

(great piece story :lol: )
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:36 pm
They rarely clash with the Broncos & would have thought the Dolphins would be a soft touch , yea they'll have copped 3 floggings by then so lets hit em hard & early

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

F me
they're gunna get murdered :twisted:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

i know it is only early but 2nd team has been well overdue.. and it is now highlighting
the extra presence a another brisbane team is doing for the game

the media interest and interest in the game especially in QLD has lifted to another level.

QLD will have another team within 5 years. (lock it in)
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:23 am
i know it is only early but 2nd team has been well overdue.. and it is now highlighting

the media interest and interest in the game especially in QLD has lifted to another level.

2 gorillas in the room each year in the derbies between these 2 clubs , everything else in Brisb will be forgotten about.
30K fans on average to games in Brisbane each week.
over 50K members between the 2 clubs at the moment, & probably over 60K by seasons end.
media space was already dominated by the Broncos & RL in Brisb, but the Dolphins & wayne bennett are going to soak up a huge amount of it too..

any fumblers still want to talk down the impact of the Dolphins on their silly little sport in QLD ? :twisted:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:12 pm

2 gorillas in the room each year in the derbies between these 2 clubs , everything else in Brisb will be forgotten about.
30K fans on average to games in Brisbane each week.
over 50K members between the 2 clubs at the moment, & probably over 60K by seasons end.
media space was already dominated by the Broncos & RL in Brisb, but the Dolphins & wayne bennett are going to soak up a huge amount of it too..

any fumblers still want to talk down the impact of the Dolphins on their silly little sport in QLD ? :twisted:
I still stand by what I have previously posted, it is early days….3 years will tell.
That have started very, very well…but so did the bears….without the following.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Agree, as I have posted before, I was a bit surprised that they did not admit 2 Brissy sides at once if the applications were so strong.
Will not be too long.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Pete__09 »

I cant believe the AFL decided to put the Lions Melbourne game on the same night as first Rugby League derby.

I am sure they are regretting it now & I am not looking forward to trying a getting an Uber to the Gabba Friday night. It is going to be a long wait as I don't think Brisbane as a city can handle 2 big crowds at the same time.

Time will tell I guess.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Pete__09 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:47 am
I cant believe the AFL decided to put the Lions Melbourne game on the same night as first Rugby League derby.

I am sure they are regretting it now & I am not looking forward to trying a getting an Uber to the Gabba Friday night. It is going to be a long wait as I don't think Brisbane as a city can handle 2 big crowds at the same time.

Time will tell I guess.
Hi Pete

do you think the Lion's crowd would be impacted by the Broncos and Dolphins game? I would think it would be as a lot of people in general are not as parochial as maybe the members here and can follow and appreciate both sports - with AFL being the secondary one naturally in Brisbane. so if choosing, I'd think that Broncos game would be the choice? Be interesting if Lion's draw a decent crowd though - doubt it though - particularly as you said - traffic would also be a nightmare putting many fairweather supporters off.
Veni, vidi, vici
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

The broncos game will obviously be a sellout considering both clubs are 3-0 & its the first derby.

It will hurt the lions crowd a bit I think. They would normally get about 30,000 for this fixture but I think they will get around 27-28,000 because the big Rugby League game is on.
BrizzyFan12
Been liked: 0

Post by BrizzyFan12 »

Personally, I think the closest like-for-like scenario across the codes to compare the Dolphins to would be Port Adelaide. An expansion team playing second fiddle/little brother to the main City license in a state that loves their respective sport. Both have their state league roots and have had to differentiate their brand to a degree with Port dropping the Magpies moniker and the Dolphins dropping Redcliffe. As well as both teams having successful launches in their national comp careers.

For reference, Port actually won their first SA showdown against big brother and ended up missing finals only on percentage. I think a second Brisbane League team was always a no-brainer for the NRL but the Broncos' monopoly wouldn't allow it for decades. Being a Lions and Cowboys fan I despise the Broncs doubly, so hopefully, the Phins get up and shut some of my Broncos fans up for a bit. I'll be catching the Derby on a Kayo mini the next morning.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

I guess the Dolphins are like Port Adelaide & Fremantle in the West. I never thought of it like that.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

Though in saying that, if they get half as popular as Port & Fremantle I will be very impressed.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:47 am

Time will tell I guess.
:hmm:

but

there'll only be ... one .. big crowd in the Brisbane CBD on Friday night petey :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/