Rugby League news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Munster

Post by Fred »

I thought there would be some discussion on Munster staying at Melbourne. I read he was offered over 5 million by the Dolphins but took 4 million from the Storm - all over the same time period. What does this mean for the Dolphins? I also read the Dolphin's coach was mighty annoyed.

Good for Storm though - baring injuries should be up there next year. Bellamy must have to be the greatest coach ever to do what he has done with the Storm.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Munster

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:53 pm
I thought there would be some discussion on Munster staying at Melbourne. I read he was offered over 5 million by the Dolphins but took 4 million from the Storm - all over the same time period. What does this mean for the Dolphins? I also read the Dolphin's coach was mighty annoyed.

Good for Storm though - baring injuries should be up there next year. Bellamy must have to be the greatest coach ever to do what he has done with the Storm.
it was a approx 1.4- to 1.6 mill over the life of contract (which is amazing they he rejected it to stay at storm)

Dolphins will be fine, Zero help.. they will rely heavily on grassroots in QLD over the coming years.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:05 pm

it was a approx 1.4- to 1.6 mill over the life of contract (which is amazing they he rejected it to stay at storm)

Dolphins will be fine, Zero help.. they will rely heavily on grassroots in QLD over the coming years.
Yes, I think you are right. My own personal belief is that a new team needs to go through a tough period as this gives character to the club and a story to when they are finally successful - the struggles of their climb to ultimate success. Having success too early can appear artificial (e.g., Giants) and can devoid the club of any real character for supporters to latch on to (one for all all for one type thing). In saying that, the Dolphins have plenty of support already from their grassroots, and many people want to identify with them already I feel - as an option to the Broncos. I think the Dolphins will be fine.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:10 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:05 pm

Yes, I think you are right. My own personal belief is that a new team needs to go through a tough period as this gives character to the club and a story to when they are finally successful - the struggles of their climb to ultimate success. Having success too early can appear artificial (e.g., Giants) and can devoid the club of any real character for supporters to latch on to (one for all all for one type thing). In saying that, the Dolphins have plenty of support already from their grassroots, and many people want to identify with them already I feel - as an option to the Broncos. I think the Dolphins will be fine.
2022 Dolphins Grade Results-
Q Cup: Grand Finalist
Colts: Grand Finalist
16s: Finished 1st

all 3 grades below NRL
Dolphins are excelling, and expanding there reach to the north.
With good direction and leadership they will become a big player in Rugby League.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes, I think they come with a ready made fan base and food facilities and bring in a rugby league area to start with and an established club will be of great benefit
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:33 am)
Veni, vidi, vici