Would anyone of sound mind spend more than a dime to attend the afl grand final

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Would anyone of sound mind spend more than a dime to attend the afl grand final

Post by King-Eliagh »

The results are in folks and it’s not fukkin pretty. Over the last decade, if you were to spend the thousands of your hard earned moola $$$$ (if you’re travelling) guess what the % of chances are that you’ll see a shithouse product? 60% :shock: [-(

That’s right it’s a six in ten chance you’re gunna see a shithouse blowout of a game which is all over red rover by at worst the beginning of the second quarter and at best three quarter time. Just look at the last ten results folks!

https://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/ ... alists.htm

I mean of course if you’re a fan of the winning team you’d be happy, although there’s still something empty about attending a game, paying $400+++ for just the ticket and watching a product which doesn’t equate to an actual competition.

On the flip side, the nrl has also had blowouts over the last nine years (I’ll update to ten after this weekend.) however… and it’s a big HOWEVER :lol: in the NRL, there’s been only 2 out of the last nine which have been legitimate one sided affairs.

https://www.topendsports.com/sport/leag ... on-nrl.htm

You could almost squeeze a third one in but I’d have to check how long into the match that one was competitive to be sure. Anyway I’ll give it to the afl fans just in good faith. :-({|= Let’s say three out of nine shall we? 33% :|

Anyone with sound mind would give the big day, the afl grand finale a bit fat miss. Wouldn’t they just? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Would anyone of sound mind spend more than a dime to attend the afl grand final

Post by Terry »

It's very tough to watch the ugly mess at the best of times. Hence I don't lololololol!!! But when there's a flogging on even the simple fumble fan must grimace at the stupidity of their 'game'. And When it's a grand final.....wowers.....ugly....ugly....ugly!!!!

I put it down to the simplicity and ease of the scoring!!!!! It's about as skillful as a pig rolling in mud. Ya just gotta put the ball through two sticks......don't matter how high or low. And if ya miss........ya get a pat on the back and a point for twying weally weally hard lololololol!!!!

It's kinda like a game for two year olds!!!!
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Would anyone of sound mind spend more than a dime to attend the afl grand final

Post by Pete__09 »

I must agree with you Rugby guys that the footy was a terrible Grand Final. But watch a good close game, like most games in the finals were, & then you will see that it is the greatest game in the world.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Pete__09 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:30 pm
I must agree with you Rugby guys that the footy was a terrible Grand Final. But watch a good close game, like most games in the finals were, & then you will see that it is the greatest game in the world.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 comedy genius
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

Wow I thought the AFL GF was bad but the Rugby League takes the cake.

At least Geelong showed some humility & respect in victory unlike Penrith.

It really does not surprise me though with Rugby League.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Pete__09 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:33 pm
Wow I thought the AFL GF was bad but the Rugby League takes the cake.

At least Geelong showed some humility & respect in victory unlike Penrith.

It really does not surprise me though with Rugby League.
Haha!! It really doesn't surprise me that you're surprised about some somewhat silly celebrating. Ummmm...........maybe spend a bit of time on the Hawthorn racism atrocity pal. Or the entrenched systemic racism in your entire game. I mean I could give example after example if you want me to. Could be embarrassing though!!! But do go on about some stupid but harmless celebrating.

Dill!!!!!!!! Gee the fumblers here are goin' off the reservation lately. Truly lost the plot. Some of 'em even make bummy sound reasonable and balanced lololololol!!!!
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

What about the ratings Terry. The AFL had the smallest ratings in decades yet still beat the Rugby League by about 800,000 views for the Grand Final
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:09 am
What about the ratings Terry. The AFL had the smallest ratings in decades yet still beat the Rugby League by about 800,000 views for the Grand Final
800,000?????? Please show me figures that prove this pal. I know lying is run of the mill in fumbleland but it won't cut it here.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

Actually it was 508,000 not 800,000 so i was wrong.

Still a big difference especially considering the AFL was on at 2:30 & the NRL was on at prime time.

You can look it up if you type in TV Ratings Tonight in Google.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:38 am

Still a big difference especially considering the AFL was on at 2:30 & the NRL was on at prime time.

oh - can you tell me the figures - just the overall for both?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:38 am

508k????????? You can't lay straight in bed pal. Do better!
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

I just go off facts Terry. Not sure about you.

The AFL has thrashed the NRL in ratings this year & it seems that you cant handle it
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:09 pm
I just go off facts Terry. Not sure about you.

The AFL has thrashed the NRL in ratings this year & it seems that you cant handle it
Bald face lie. Factually incorrect. You are a total lying dill!!!
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

The NRL Grand Final was an awful, shocking and disgraceful sports non event.
If I was silly enough to attended this fiasco I would march up to the ticket box for a refund
I can imagine hoards of uncivilised RL fans throwing tantrums outside the ticket box demanding refunds.

I agree that the AFL Grand Final was not a grand event in the slightest.
Dissapointed.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

70% of the crowd were supporting the Parramatta Eels also & they were the team that got thrashed.

It would have been a disaster for them.