Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, tv ratings, memberships, sponsorships and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Quolls2019 »

Fred wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:32 pm
V'Landy's is never going to release the NRL figures now lol.
Whats happened to “I told you so”?
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Beaussie (Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:08 pm)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

The Gap in the two TV contract was more than a little disappointing - who knows the new contract may allow the AFL to break even in 2024.

Australia's most popular sport :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:01 pm
The Gap in the two TV contract was more than a little disappointing - who knows the new contract may allow the AFL to break even in 2024.

Australia's most popular sport :cheers:
Its just a pity that with NZ and origin and rep fixtures and all the other bullshit you waffle on about....broadcasters see it as worth 2/3rds of the AFls. Maybe raw ratings arent everything.
These users liked the author WookieReturns for the post:
Beaussie (Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:03 pm)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Gone wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:01 pm
GUYS WHERE ARE YOU
Good question?

Insert emoticons :(/ :(/ :(/

Peter V’Landys fucked the NRL big time. Oh how hilarious lol
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Can ya blame him though? :(/
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Gone wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:24 pm
i mean the same guys who never bought into the 473m pa figure are NEVER going to believe what happened today
Where’s our mate Tezza?

Tez… you still sulking? lol
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:10 pm
i mean the same guys who never bought into the 473m pa figure are NEVER going to believe what happened today
Where’s our mate Tezza?

Ah, here they are ...........tweedle dumb .............and tweedle dumber lololololol!!!!!

I'd hold ya fire dumb and dumber. The devil will be in the detail. And that will take a few days to come out. It's already been revealed a massive $500M, or more, of the deal is in contra. And it goes to 2031 whilst the increase doesn't kick in till 2025. That's a massive punt on a 9 year partnership. Anything could happen in that time.

And of course the elephant in the room is good 'ol gilty. He tells lies so often and so easily no one would have a clue what the real deal is.

But by all means run around like 2 year olds skolling red cordial ya dills lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 pm
Where’s our mate Tezza?

Ah, here they are ...........tweedle dumb .............and tweedle dumber lololololol!!!!!

I'd hold ya fire dumb and dumber. The devil will be in the detail. And that will take a few days to come out. It's already been revealed a massive $500M, or more, of the deal is in contra. And it goes to 2031 whilst the increase doesn't kick in till 2025. That's a massive punt on a 9 year partnership. Anything could happen in that time.

And of course the elephant in the room is good 'ol gilty. He tells lies so often and so easily no one would have a clue what the real deal is.

But by all means run around like 2 year olds skolling red cordial ya dills lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm… yeah ok Tez :(/

Meanwhile:

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Where’s our mate Tezza?

Meanwhile:

Haha!!! Quoting ya mate bummy is like quoting bozo the clown lololololol!!! Get better sources beatup.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Terry wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:45 pm
Beaussie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Meanwhile:

Haha!!! Quoting ya mate bummy is like quoting bozo the clown lololololol!!! Get better sources beatup.

Actually, I'd like to withdraw that comment and apologise unconditionally to bozo lolololololol!!!!!!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:09 pm
Can ya blame him though? :(/
Beau has Fox announced details of what they paid?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

lol hanging your hat on a single News Limited report that says its 3.85b - and published before the announcement was made, where Mclachlan told reporters that the cash component was north of 4 billion.

Its also a 7 year partnership, theres an additional 2 years of the deal for 2023 and 2024 that are completely separate - a deal which was already for more money than the NRl are getting from next year I might add.

And if any of you could take the time to read or listen properly, I wouldnt have to repeat this shit everywhere.

I mean you idiots were jumping all over any article that favoured you guys. Today you were all exposed as morons.
Last edited by WookieReturns on Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Your obsession with me is a little out of hand. See a doctor.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:03 pm

Your obsession with me is a little out of hand. See a doctor.
Haha! You seem to assume you have some sort of grandeur you simply don't possess pal. No one anywhere is obsessed with you lololololol!!!! It's an impossibility lololol!!!