Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, membership numbers, viewers, sponsorship and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: MYOB
Location: MYOB
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by TLPG »

No I don't think it is. If it was they wouldn't have said anything about it. The issue is the threat of reducing the number of games on FTA right? Putting them on streaming services instead - or on Foxtel. The government is right - you can't do that, under the current law. The number of games now has to be maintained.

Now if we were talking forcing games off 7mate and onto the main channel in New South Wales and Queensland, THAT would require a law change. And it should be made to be honest.


THIS FORUM IS RACIST
User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Quolls2019 »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:21 pm No I don't think it is. If it was they wouldn't have said anything about it. The issue is the threat of reducing the number of games on FTA right? Putting them on streaming services instead - or on Foxtel. The government is right - you can't do that, under the current law. The number of games now has to be maintained.

Now if we were talking forcing games off 7mate and onto the main channel in New South Wales and Queensland, THAT would require a law change. And it should be made to be honest.
The government and the opposition say a lot about a lot of things, all the time.
If the anti siphoning had any real weight, the biggest market for AFL would not have the least number of games on FTA.
Sad but true.
Go paramount..


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: MYOB
Location: MYOB
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by TLPG »

Actually, Quolls, the biggest market for the AFL isn't New South Wales. It's Victoria. That's why the AFL have been getting away with it so far - letting Seven shovel the games to 7mate just because 7 execs in Sydney think it won't rate. They've never given it a chance.

But now that the government have made a statement on the matter it may change. And really it should as I said.


THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1375
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 48 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by truthbomber »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

fumblers thinking the Govt can do anything about the aflol selling its fans up the river in this media rights deal ...
their delusions are a sight to behold :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/


TLPG
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: MYOB
Location: MYOB
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by TLPG »

If the AFL does the wrong thing by the law, they will be punished for it. No delusion in that.


THIS FORUM IS RACIST
User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Quolls2019 »

TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:52 pm Actually, Quolls, the biggest market for the AFL isn't New South Wales. It's Victoria. That's why the AFL have been getting away with it so far - letting Seven shovel the games to 7mate just because 7 execs in Sydney think it won't rate. They've never given it a chance.

But now that the government have made a statement on the matter it may change. And really it should as I said.
Go back and read what I said, I did not mention NSW. Show me where I did…what world do you live in?
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:46 am)


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Beaussie »

Hmm, wonder if the AFL and the anti-siphoning list were raised?

Anthony Albanese’s secret Murdoch meeting at News Corp HQ
By Kishor Napier-Raman and David Estcourt
August 26, 2022

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese clearly doesn’t share the same visceral hatred of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp as some of his predecessors.

The prime minister was spotted at the media empire’s Holt Street offices on Wednesday, where, we’re told, Albo, Deputy Prime Minister Richard Marles and Foreign Minister Penny Wong met News Corp co-chairman Lachlan Murdoch and senior editors of the media empire’s Australian mastheads.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/anthony ... 5bcru.html


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4354
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:51 am Hmm, wonder if the AFL and the anti-siphoning list were raised?

Anthony Albanese’s secret Murdoch meeting at News Corp HQ
By Kishor Napier-Raman and David Estcourt
August 26, 2022

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese clearly doesn’t share the same visceral hatred of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp as some of his predecessors.

The prime minister was spotted at the media empire’s Holt Street offices on Wednesday, where, we’re told, Albo, Deputy Prime Minister Richard Marles and Foreign Minister Penny Wong met News Corp co-chairman Lachlan Murdoch and senior editors of the media empire’s Australian mastheads.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/anthony ... 5bcru.html


Yeah, I'm sure it was! I mean all they would have talked about would have been fumbling. It'd be fumbling this, bumbling that, stumbling over the other. On and on they woulda went!! Yep, AFL woulda not only been top of the agenda...........it woulda been the only thing on the agenda.

The delusion..............oh the delusion............someone save me!!!!!!!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:14 am)


TLPG
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: MYOB
Location: MYOB
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by TLPG »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:58 pm
TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:52 pm Actually, Quolls, the biggest market for the AFL isn't New South Wales. It's Victoria. That's why the AFL have been getting away with it so far - letting Seven shovel the games to 7mate just because 7 execs in Sydney think it won't rate. They've never given it a chance.

But now that the government have made a statement on the matter it may change. And really it should as I said.
Go back and read what I said, I did not mention NSW. Show me where I did…what world do you live in?
You said the state that has the biggest market is going to 7mate. The only state shovelling to 7 mate is New South wales. Victoria sure as hell isn't doing that, hence my comment. How about reviewing what you say before having a go at me for nothing?


THIS FORUM IS RACIST
User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Quolls2019 »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:27 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:58 pm
TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:52 pm Actually, Quolls, the biggest market for the AFL isn't New South Wales. It's Victoria. That's why the AFL have been getting away with it so far - letting Seven shovel the games to 7mate just because 7 execs in Sydney think it won't rate. They've never given it a chance.

But now that the government have made a statement on the matter it may change. And really it should as I said.
Go back and read what I said, I did not mention NSW. Show me where I did…what world do you live in?
You said the state that has the biggest market is going to 7mate. The only state shovelling to 7 mate is New South wales. Victoria sure as hell isn't doing that, hence my comment. How about reviewing what you say before having a go at me for nothing?
Show me where i said that.


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: MYOB
Location: MYOB
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by TLPG »

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:52 pm
TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:21 pm No I don't think it is. If it was they wouldn't have said anything about it. The issue is the threat of reducing the number of games on FTA right? Putting them on streaming services instead - or on Foxtel. The government is right - you can't do that, under the current law. The number of games now has to be maintained.

Now if we were talking forcing games off 7mate and onto the main channel in New South Wales and Queensland, THAT would require a law change. And it should be made to be honest.
The government and the opposition say a lot about a lot of things, all the time.
If the anti siphoning had any real weight, the biggest market for AFL would not have the least number of games on FTA.
Sad but true.
Go paramount..
That's where.


THIS FORUM IS RACIST
User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Quolls2019 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:08 pm
TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:27 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Go back and read what I said, I did not mention NSW. Show me where I did…what world do you live in?
You said the state that has the biggest market is going to 7mate. The only state shovelling to 7 mate is New South wales. Victoria sure as hell isn't doing that, hence my comment. How about reviewing what you say before having a go at me for nothing?
Show me where i said that.
You are wrong….not for the first time..
NSW is not the biggest market for AFL…and I did not say that…again assuming…and you should know what happens when you assume,


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: MYOB
Location: MYOB
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by TLPG »

You imputed it because it's NSW that has the least amount of games of FTA. Fact. With the shovelling to 7mate as part of the issue.


THIS FORUM IS RACIST
User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Quolls2019 »

TLPG wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:22 am You imputed it because it's NSW that has the least amount of games of FTA. Fact. With the shovelling to 7mate as part of the issue.
You either make up stuff or see things that are not there.
You assume absurdities…I did not say NSW was the biggest AFL market nor did I mention 7 mate.

Again see below.
“I tabled these stats previously.
Most games are not on FTA, the anti siphoning laws can be manipulated quite easily by deals between the AFL, FTA station and the pay/streaming station as can be seen below.

AFL tv major markets

Rnd 7
FTA/PTV
Melbourne 3/6
Adelaide 4/5
Sydney 4/5
Brisbane 4/5
Perth 4/5
Tasmania 3/6

Rnd 8

Melbourne 2/7
Adelaide 2/7
Sydney 3/6
Brisbane 3/6
Perth 2/7
Tasmania 2/7

Rnd 9

Melbourne 3/6
Adelaide 3/6
Sydney 3/6
Brisbane 3/6
Perth 4/5
Tasmania 3/6


Rnd 10

Melbourne 2/7
Adelaide 3/6
Sydney 3/6
Brisbane 4/5
Perth 4/5
Tasmania 3/6

Rnd 11

Melbourne. 3/6
Adelaide. 4/5
Sydney. 3/6
Brisbane 3/6
Perth 3/6
Tasmania 3/6”


I will try to post in a simpler manner, for your benefit, but that could be difficult if you keep seeing things that are not there.


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18818
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:48 am
TLPG wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:22 am You imputed it because it's NSW that has the least amount of games of FTA. Fact. With the shovelling to 7mate as part of the issue.
You either make up stuff or see things that are not there.
You assume absurdities…I did not say NSW was the biggest AFL market nor did I mention 7 mate.

Again see below.
“I tabled these stats previously.
Most games are not on FTA, the anti siphoning laws can be manipulated quite easily by deals between the AFL, FTA station and the pay/streaming station as can be seen below.

AFL tv major markets

Rnd 7
FTA/PTV
Melbourne 3/6
Adelaide 4/5
Sydney 4/5
Brisbane 4/5
Perth 4/5
Tasmania 3/6

Rnd 8

Melbourne 2/7
Adelaide 2/7
Sydney 3/6
Brisbane 3/6
Perth 2/7
Tasmania 2/7

Rnd 9

Melbourne 3/6
Adelaide 3/6
Sydney 3/6
Brisbane 3/6
Perth 4/5
Tasmania 3/6


Rnd 10

Melbourne 2/7
Adelaide 3/6
Sydney 3/6
Brisbane 4/5
Perth 4/5
Tasmania 3/6

Rnd 11

Melbourne. 3/6
Adelaide. 4/5
Sydney. 3/6
Brisbane 3/6
Perth 3/6
Tasmania 3/6”


I will try to post in a simpler manner, for your benefit, but that could be difficult if you keep seeing things that are not there.
He’s been doing it for ages
Reads a post then for whatever reason makes a straw man argument against something that he thinks you mean .
Mate I once posted about The draft ( fumblers saying how popular it was ) & I posted that north of the Murray no one was really interested due to the AL starting & RLWC starting .
He then tried to say that I said no one north of the Murray plays AFL
.
It’s mind boggling how he says he knows what you “really mean”
Lol you fumblers can have him on your side of the fence ,
He’s a real asset 😉😉🤣🤣🤣
These users liked the author AFLcrap1 for the post:
Quolls2019 (Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:12 pm)


TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests