GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by TLPG »

And that will be backed up hopefully by local support at Football Park in Woden for the AFL Canberra First Grade grand final between Queanbeyan and Belconnen this coming Saturday.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

TLPG wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:28 pm
And that will be backed up hopefully by local support at Football Park in Woden for the AFL Canberra First Grade grand final between Queanbeyan and Belconnen this coming Saturday.
keep us updated on how all that goes..
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I'll see what I can find out.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:20 pm
i'll update you now if you like
next to zero interest in the general community , with the game played in front of family & friends only

& that game dwarfed by the CRRL Grand final on the 18th of September at Seifert Oval :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:28 pm
next to zero interest in the general community , with the game played in front of family & friends only

& that game dwarfed by the CRRL Grand final on the 18th of September at Seifert Oval :cool:
Well not too sure about that.
This year I have not been to an AFl game, before covid cant say I was regular, but went a couple of times a year.
This year because of both family and social reasons, I have been to several country (victoria) seniors and juniors games.
I was really surprised how well they were attended. And the intensity both on and off the field was…well…intense.
Unfortunately the teams i went to see did not make the grand final, which are all this weekend….
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:59 pm

This year I have not been to an AFl game, before covid cant say I was regular, but went a couple of times a year.
This year because of both family and social reasons, I have been to several country (victoria) seniors and juniors games.
I was really surprised how well they were attended. And the intensity both on and off the field was…well…intense.
Unfortunately the teams i went to see did not make the grand final, which are all this weekend….
cool story
but means zip when we're talking about the actaflol GF here in Canberra tho & the level of interest here in it :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:17 pm

cool story
but means zip when we're talking about the actaflol GF here in Canberra tho & the level of interest here in it :cool:
Ahh trollbomber I can always depend on you to be..trollbomber. But whatever floats your boat..
No emojis I’m disappointed, flabbergasted, pleased, relieved. No don't care.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:25 pm
truthbomber wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:17 pm

cool story
Ahh trollbomber I can always depend on you to be..trollbomber. But whatever floats your boat..
No emojis I’m disappointed, flabbergasted, pleased, relieved. No don't care.
yea
facts float my boat :roll:

sheesh :lol: :lol: :lol:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

There will be a lot more than that. The CRRL may draw more people but that's only because Seiffort Oval has a bigger capacity. I can't find a figure for Football Park's capacity but it will fit a few thousand and that will be the crowd figure in my view. Plenty of interest. Should be a good game - Belconnen have given Queanbeyan their only loss for the season and Queanbeyan only won by 18 points in the second semi final after looking invincible earlier in the season.

The ACT has always been a good Aussie Rules town. I lived there for two years and umpired two Under 18 grand finals - both at Football Park. Very good standard.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:15 pm

There will be a lot more than that. The CRRL may draw more people but that's only because Seiffort Oval has a bigger capacity. I can't find a figure for Football Park's capacity but it will fit a few thousand and that will be the crowd figure in my view. Plenty of interest. Should be a good game - Belconnen have given Queanbeyan their only loss for the season and Queanbeyan only won by 18 points in the second semi final after looking invincible earlier in the season.

The ACT has always been a good Aussie Rules town. I lived there for two years and umpired two Under 18 grand finals - both at Football Park. Very good standard.
zip
barely any interest... thats the update :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Football Park Woden, capacity is listed in a couple of places as only 1,000.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

This laughable stuff lololololol. Good 'ol mate has gone to page 274 of the AFL excuse book to come up with this latest one. "The CRRL may draw more people but that's only because Seiffort Oval has a bigger capacity."

So now the excuse is............sure the RL will get a bigger crowd............but only because their ground holds more people loloololololol!!!!!! This bloke lives in Dillsville.

The Canberra AFL fumbling mob must be the dumbest administrators in world sport if they hold a game at a location when they know they would get a much bigger crowd at a place a few k's away say.........like........Manuka oval........the place that hosts high level fumbling (if there is such a thing lololoolololol!!!

Incredible lolololol!!!!!!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:47 am)
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

AFL Canberra I understand were told to stay off Manuka Oval prior to the AFLW draw was released, just in case the Giants were drawn to play there. So AFL Canberra had to book the next best - Football Park in Woden AKA Phillip Oval. As it turned out they could have booked Manuka as the Giants first home game is the following weekend.
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:24 am

That can't be right!! What are the sources? I've been there many times and it's bigger than that!! I would estimate about 4,000 from memory.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:46 pm
AFL Canberra I understand were told to stay off Manuka Oval prior to the AFLW draw was released, just in case the Giants were drawn to play there. So AFL Canberra had to book the next best - Football Park in Woden AKA Phillip Oval. As it turned out they could have booked Manuka as the Giants first home game is the following weekend.
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:24 am

That can't be right!! What are the sources? I've been there many times and it's bigger than that!! I would estimate about 4,000 from memory.
like anyone cares :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I'll let you know!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST