Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, tv ratings, memberships, sponsorships and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9927
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has thanked: 233 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Beaussie »

Lions vs Demons on 7mate again tonight in Brisbane. No commitment to promoting and developing the game. Fuck Channel 7 off.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4637
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has thanked: 5 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:40 pm
Lions vs Demons on 7mate again tonight in Brisbane. No commitment to promoting and developing the game. Fuck Channel 7 off.
Ummmm beatup, it's because it don't rate in Qld pal. No one cares. Seven has got Better homes and gardens on instead.......because it'll rate higher. Like Pepper Pig does lololololololo!!! Hilarious stuff!!!!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3478
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: MYOB
Location: MYOB
Has thanked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by TLPG »

Stupid move by Seven. This game is huge - and I'm watching it right now and there's plenty of heat!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1863
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 45 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Quolls2019 »

TLPG wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:27 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:02 pm
TLPG wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:10 pm


First of all Richmond are playing Essendon, not Hawthorn. Hawthorn are playing the Bulldogs. That latter game is important because if the Bulldogs win they are in the eight and will stay there if Collingwood beat Carlton. Richmond v Essendon is meaningless as Richmond will stay in the eight no matter what.

I don't believe for one second that 7 WA will give away the Dockers or West Coast games. And under the laws they have the right to grab them. If Foxtel denies them that right, that's illegal.

Now while it is so that not all games are on FTA in all states - and that's out of practicality because of overlaps or clashes (Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday) - it is also so that all states must have games on free to air even if it's just one. It can't be zero. That's against the anti siphoning laws. That's the point I'm making. To insist that all games be on free to air would require a law change, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the federal government could do that - especially if a deal is mooted that threatens to do exactly that.
You seem to be changing your point.
No, I'm clarifying it as it's clear that I wasn't getting my message across previously.
Hmmm
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Banned
Posts: 2072
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has thanked: 9 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by truthbomber »

Terry wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:49 pm
Beaussie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:40 pm
Lions vs Demons on 7mate again tonight in Brisbane. No commitment to promoting and developing the game. Fuck Channel 7 off.
Ummmm beatup, it's because it don't rate in Qld pal. No one cares. Seven has got Better homes and gardens on instead.......because it'll rate higher. Like Pepper Pig does lololololololo!!! Hilarious stuff!!!!
was gunna say tez , there isn't much that ... wouldn't outrate the derps & bumbles in Brisbane on a Friday night :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has thanked: 21 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:40 pm
Lions vs Demons on 7mate again tonight in Brisbane. No commitment to promoting and developing the game. Fuck Channel 7 off.
Wasn't you saying similar about C10 when they showed the game? Face it you have a turd of a sport, all the polishing in the world wont make a difference :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6385
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has thanked: 223 times
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Sources (if true)

Sources said the current bid was above the existing deal but only a “modest increase” with a five-year offer above $510 million a year putting a deal above $2.55 billion and allowing the AFL to legitimately claim a record agreement.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4637
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has thanked: 5 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:26 am
Sources (if true)

Sources said the current bid was above the existing deal but only a “modest increase” with a five-year offer above $510 million a year putting a deal above $2.55 billion and allowing the AFL to legitimately claim a record agreement.
This will be correct. It's all been lies, BS and obfuscation as usual from Gilty and the boys thus far. They're now in panic mode. What they will do though is add in a massive increase in contra to claim a 'big' increase in the deal. But of course hey won't release the breakdown of contra V actual cash. One thing we know for sure is the lies will continue. I mean it is fumbling we're talking about lolololol!
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has thanked: 22 times
Been liked: 99 times
Contact:

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:47 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:26 am
Sources (if true)

Sources said the current bid was above the existing deal but only a “modest increase” with a five-year offer above $510 million a year putting a deal above $2.55 billion and allowing the AFL to legitimately claim a record agreement.
This will be correct. It's all been lies, BS and obfuscation as usual from Gilty and the boys thus far. They're now in panic mode. What they will do though is add in a massive increase in contra to claim a 'big' increase in the deal. But of course hey won't release the breakdown of contra V actual cash. One thing we know for sure is the lies will continue. I mean it is fumbling we're talking about lolololol!
What panic mode? All anyone has is anonymous sources saying one thing or another, and league fans latching on to the anonymous sources they like, and rubbishing the ones they dont and then carrying on like they've won something when the NEW rights deal they are on is likely LESS than the CURRENT AFL rights deal already - WITH NZ.

The total contra recieved is in every AFL report going back to 2005. Sooo....lol?

One thing we know, league fans will do anything they can to diminish whatever the AFL might get or actually does get, as they have done or tried to do since at least 2002.
These users liked the author WookieReturns for the post:
Beaussie (Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:01 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4637
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has thanked: 5 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:57 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:47 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:26 am
Sources (if true)

Sources said the current bid was above the existing deal but only a “modest increase” with a five-year offer above $510 million a year putting a deal above $2.55 billion and allowing the AFL to legitimately claim a record agreement.
This will be correct. It's all been lies, BS and obfuscation as usual from Gilty and the boys thus far. They're now in panic mode. What they will do though is add in a massive increase in contra to claim a 'big' increase in the deal. But of course hey won't release the breakdown of contra V actual cash. One thing we know for sure is the lies will continue. I mean it is fumbling we're talking about lolololol!
What panic mode? All anyone has is anonymous sources saying one thing or another, and league fans latching on to the anonymous sources they like, and rubbishing the ones they dont and then carrying on like they've won something when the NEW rights deal they are on is likely LESS than the CURRENT AFL rights deal already - WITH NZ.

The total contra recieved is in every AFL report going back to 2005. Sooo....lol?

One thing we know, league fans will do anything they can to diminish whatever the AFL might get or actually does get, as they have done or tried to do since at least 2002.


I just can't accept this drivel bummy...............as drivel it is. I report facts. Your opinions are interesting...........but that's what they are....opinions.

In the end we won't know the full details because Gilty will be too embarrassed to publish 'em. Suffice to say they ain't gonna get anywhere near the $600M they want. FACTS COUNT!
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has thanked: 22 times
Been liked: 99 times
Contact:

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by WookieReturns »

I dont care what you can or cant accept. Reality is clearly not one of the things you do, whereas constant bleating about what i say and do and the worth thereof is a fairly constant obsession in your posts.

On this matter, no one is reporting facts - all source anonymously - EVERY SINGLE REPORT. Yet you'll treat them like they are, just like the folks over at LU fervently hoping to see the AFL fall flat on their arse.

Incidentally. What you are calling drivel in this case is in point of fact, what is known as fact. The NRLs new deal for "just over 400m" will likely be less than the AFLs 2017-2022 original deal for 418m per year - and that includes your NZ deal.

And the total contra for every AFL deal is free for anyone to access since 2007.

2007 $ 17,500,000
2008 $ 17,500,000
2009 $ 17,500,000
2010 $ 17,500,000
2011 $ 17,500,000
2012 $ 26,000,000
2013 $ 26,000,000
2014 $ 26,000,000
2015 $ 27,000,000
2016 $ 27,000,000
2017 $ 16,000,000
2018 $ 16,000,000
2019 $ 16,000,000
2020 $16,000,000
2021 $16,000,000
These users liked the author WookieReturns for the post:
Beaussie (Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:32 pm)
User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9927
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has thanked: 233 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Beaussie »

Gone wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:57 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:47 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:26 am
Sources (if true)

Sources said the current bid was above the existing deal but only a “modest increase” with a five-year offer above $510 million a year putting a deal above $2.55 billion and allowing the AFL to legitimately claim a record agreement.
This will be correct. It's all been lies, BS and obfuscation as usual from Gilty and the boys thus far. They're now in panic mode. What they will do though is add in a massive increase in contra to claim a 'big' increase in the deal. But of course hey won't release the breakdown of contra V actual cash. One thing we know for sure is the lies will continue. I mean it is fumbling we're talking about lolololol!

One thing we know, league fans will do anything they can to diminish whatever the AFL might get or actually does get, as they have done or tried to do since at least 2002.

Yep, they’ve been doing it every time the broadcast rights come up for negotiations and have always been proven very wrong with their ridiculous assumptions. It’s funny actually.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has thanked: 22 times
Been liked: 99 times
Contact:

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by WookieReturns »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:40 pm

Yep, they’ve been doing it every time the broadcast rights come up for negotiations and have always been proven very wrong with their ridiculous assumptions. It’s funny actually.
Well there was the time that Kerry overbid to screw over Seven, or the time that Kerry overbid to screw over Seven on his deathbed, or the time that Murdoch overbid for the AFl because he got upset with the NRL. Theres always a reason for it. And they'll have no problems telling you why forever.

But i mean thats fair, they STILL cry about superleague holding them back.....in 1997
These users liked the author WookieReturns for the post:
Beaussie (Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:45 pm)
User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9927
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has thanked: 233 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Beaussie »

Spot on Kevin

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6385
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has thanked: 223 times
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Gone wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:26 pm
I dont care what you can or cant accept. Reality is clearly not one of the things you do, whereas constant bleating about what i say and do and the worth thereof is a fairly constant obsession in your posts.

On this matter, no one is reporting facts - all source anonymously - EVERY SINGLE REPORT. Yet you'll treat them like they are, just like the folks over at LU fervently hoping to see the AFL fall flat on their arse.

Incidentally. What you are calling drivel in this case is in point of fact, what is known as fact. The NRLs new deal for "just over 400m" will likely be less than the AFLs 2017-2022 original deal for 418m per year - and that includes your NZ deal.

And the total contra for every AFL deal is free for anyone to access since 2007.

2007 $ 17,500,000
2008 $ 17,500,000
2009 $ 17,500,000
2010 $ 17,500,000
2011 $ 17,500,000
2012 $ 26,000,000
2013 $ 26,000,000
2014 $ 26,000,000
2015 $ 27,000,000
2016 $ 27,000,000
2017 $ 16,000,000
2018 $ 16,000,000
2019 $ 16,000,000
2020 $16,000,000
2021 $16,000,000
interesting i thought AFL Contra was higher than this..
I wonder what NRL got in Contra

Union and A League contra was quite high compared to the deal they received
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests