guesses on the midgets crowd today

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: guesses on the midgets crowd today

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:09 am
Fred wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:54 pm
Probably like the MCG - the official capacity I don't think has ever been met. I think they try to calculate standing room numbers - and this would mean people packed in like sardines. Who knows.
MCG clocks 100k for GF's usually and if not in the high 99k's

what is the capacity of the G? Had a look - 100000 at the moment apparently. I do believe that official standing room tickets are no more - am not sure if there is even standing room designated areas - so that may account for it.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:29 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:54 pm
Probably like the MCG - the official capacity I don't think has ever been met. I think they try to calculate standing room numbers - and this would mean people packed in like sardines. Who knows.

what is the capacity of the G? Had a look - 100000 at the moment apparently. I do believe that official standing room tickets are no more - am not sure if there is even standing room designated areas - so that may account for it.
pass 10 GF crowds at MCG Are (the 100k crowds are like 10-20 over) so looks like standing maybe...

100014 (2019)
100022 (2018)
100021 (2017)
99981 (2016)
98632 (2015)
These users liked the author leeroy*NRL* for the post:
Fred (Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:42 pm)
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:23 pm
If there's one club that the AFL won't re-locate it's the Giants!

No white flag here. Shepherd knows how important clicks at the gate are, and showing big crowds will bring out supporters.

Mind you - the real problem for the Giants is getting wins on the board. That's what they really need. Shepherd should pay heed to that and it starts by providing more incentives for players to want to come to the club.
Dude, they made a grand final a few years back and played finals not so long ago - so thinking their results are not the issue impacting crowds and support. I believe the AFL stuffed up royally - with the name, with Canberra, with the moving from one place to another - people in western sydney I do not believe see it as their team. simple as that.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:40 pm

pass 10 GF crowds at MCG Are (the 100k crowds are like 10-20 over) so looks like standing maybe...

100014 (2019)
100022 (2018)
100021 (2017)
99981 (2016)
98632 (2015)

Wonder how those 14, 22, and 21 people snuck in lol. Bloody AFL fudging figures again !!!!!!!
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:43 pm

100014 (2019)
100022 (2018)
100021 (2017)
99981 (2016)
98632 (2015)

Wonder how those 14, 22, and 21 people snuck in lol. Bloody AFL fudging figures again !!!!!!!
lol
could be press or officials.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:41 pm

No white flag here. Shepherd knows how important clicks at the gate are, and showing big crowds will bring out supporters.

Mind you - the real problem for the Giants is getting wins on the board. That's what they really need. Shepherd should pay heed to that and it starts by providing more incentives for players to want to come to the club.
Dude, they made a grand final a few years back and played finals not so long ago - so thinking their results are not the issue impacting crowds and support. I believe the AFL stuffed up royally - with the name, with Canberra, with the moving from one place to another - people in western sydney I do not believe see it as their team. simple as that.
pretty much spot on
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

100014 (2019)
100022 (2018)
100021 (2017)
99981 (2016)
98632 (2015)
https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/mcg
100,024 is the official capacity.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Damn, I agree, made some early mistakes and kept repeating them….need to be western sydney or accept they are not.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

2019 is a long time ago given what has happened since, and on the day the Giants went absolutely missing. It reflects. The here and now in 2022 - the results are not there. Simple as that.

But I'm not going to argue with you on the general point. From the start I said Sydney is a one team town. The market isn't there. Pre pandemic in 2019 when they made the GF their home average was higher than St George Illawarra and Cronulla.
https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/gws.html
https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/2019.html

Now however.......
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Terry wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:49 am
Yep, he wants to improve Sydney crowds by getting more Melbourne people to attend games lololololol!! You can't make this shit up lolololol!!!!

well to be fair , the people who watch them now are just people from mongbourne who've moved to Sydney
& its the same for the swines

after 40 years the sport has made almost no impact on anyone else :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:52 pm
Yep, he wants to improve Sydney crowds by getting more Melbourne people to attend games lololololol!! You can't make this shit up lolololol!!!!

well to be fair , the people who watch them now are just people from mongbourne who've moved to Sydney

It would take a lot of convincing to establish that you could be fair, and your statements following “fair” are not fair, rational or reasonable.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:52 pm

How can you know any of that when you live on the Ord River?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

The Swans have had a huge impact on the NSW sporting market, their success has encouraged dozens and dozens of grass root clubs to spring up all over the state, Many towns north and west of Sydney that previously had no Australian rules team now are playing the game and lovin' it !
The Giants haven't had the impact as expected.
They need to change their tactics and concentrate only in the metropolitan area, also a name change that reflects something Sydney might help !
The Canberra games have attracted some very good crowds, including the night it snowed ! This market needs to be addressed somehow .
These users liked the author Bbear for the post:
Beaussie (Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm)
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

The Swans have taken over Rugby League for popularity on Sydney’s north shore, eastern suburbs and inner west. That’s massive.

The AFL and the Giants need to drop the bloody ridiculous GWS name and just be called Western Sydney and focus on bloody Western Sydney. It will take time just like the Swans to build up a loyal supporter base and strong membership. Talk of home games at the SCG for the Giants is more stupid thinking. Tony Shepherd what were you thinking even entertaining that thought bubble? SCG and Venues NSW conflict of interest perhaps Tony?
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:33 pm
The Swans have taken over Rugby League for popularity on Sydney’s north shore, eastern suburbs and inner west. That’s massive.

The AFL and the Giants need to drop the bloody ridiculous GWS name and just be called Western Sydney and focus on bloody Western Sydney. It will take time just like the Swans to build up a loyal supporter base and strong membership. Talk of home games at the SCG for the Giants is more stupid thinking. Tony Shepherd what were you thinking even entertaining that thought bubble? SCG and Venues NSW conflict of interest perhaps Tony?
The GWS name I never liked, wasn’t fond of the giants either, but with that established…they didn't establish themselves very well. Lost their identity…more confident of the Suns survival than the giants. Need to re-establish themselves as Western Sydney…and stay there.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Beaussie (Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:00 pm)