Rugby League WORLD CUP

Rugby League news and discussion.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 47 times

Rugby League WORLD CUP

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Foxtel is thought to have secured the rights after a competitive bidding process run during the past few months

EXCLUSIVE: Foxtel acquires Rugby League World Cup rights

Amount is not know as of yet, though sources say Foxtel outbidded the FTA networks.
The World Cup in England get's underway 15th October and ending the 19th November
with 16 International men's nations and 8 international women's nations.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/excl ... 2022-07-27

truthbomber
Coach
Coach
Team: Cobar Roosters
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Rugby League WORLD CUP

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:11 pm Foxtel is thought to have secured the rights after a competitive bidding process run during the past few months

Amount is not know as of yet, though sources say Foxtel outbidded the FTA networks.
The World Cup in England get's underway 15th October and ending the 19th November

RL's WC obviously doesn't qualify under the anti-syphoning here in Oz so can be completely behind a paywall.
May entice quite a few RL fans here to continue their either foxtel or kayo subscription a bit longer rather then suspend it at the end of the NRL season.

the tournament itself is shaping up to be fascinating
with most of Australias islanders ( those that might have made the kangaroos team ) wishing to represent their heritage rather then their nationality

strengthens Tonga, Samoa , PNG , Fiji
brings Australia back to the field a little bit , NZ are looking very strong & the English will be very difficult on their home soil.
Lebanon will be competitive , I don't hold out much hope for France , Scotland , Wales or Ireland

should be awesome

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Terry »

truthbomber wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:11 pm Foxtel is thought to have secured the rights after a competitive bidding process run during the past few months

RL's WC obviously doesn't qualify under the anti-syphoning here in Oz so can be completely behind a paywall.
May entice quite a few RL fans here to continue their either foxtel or kayo subscription a bit longer rather then suspend it at the end of the NRL season.

the tournament itself is shaping up to be fascinating
with most of Australias islanders ( those that might have made the kangaroos team ) wishing to represent their heritage rather then their nationality

strengthens Tonga, Samoa , PNG , Fiji
brings Australia back to the field a little bit , NZ are looking very strong & the English will be very difficult on their home soil.
Lebanon will be competitive , I don't hold out much hope for France , Scotland , Wales or Ireland

should be awesome

Yep. This is shaping up to be a very competitive WC. Probably the most competitive in history. The Pacific nations are going to be very strong. NZ and England will be competitive. Even the French may go ok now they have 2 teams in the pommy Superleague.

The key as always will be Australia. We will be weakened by the loss of so many players to the P.I's and Radley to the Poms. And while weakening Australia it will actually strengthen the WC. There's going to be some massive contests coming up. Can't wait!!!!

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

will be a great attended event, i expect the poms to come out in big numbers to every game.

i could only imagen if ENGLAND did win at Manchester ... wow

truthbomber
Coach
Coach
Team: Cobar Roosters
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:39 am will be a great attended event, i expect the poms to come out in big numbers to every game.

i could only imagen if ENGLAND did win at Manchester ... wow
They're expecting sellouts at all pool games involving England starting with 40,000 V Samoa at St James Park Newcastle for the opener.
Old Trafford will be sold out even if England don't make the final.
They haven't won a RL world cup since 1972
50 years
has a nice ring to it , winning it again on the golden anniversary of their last title
These users liked the author truthbomber for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:52 am)