Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:30 pm
Bbear wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:05 pm
Who would have predicted such a competitive and winningr GC a few months ago ?
Who would have predicted such a come back in this match ?
Plenty of ex pats in the crowd.
Plenty of generational local Queenslanders in the crowd !
Winning on the field and winning over more fans.
It's win win for GC.

Yes, plenty of people who once never followed footy :Aussie rules) who have converted. I would see it at the club my son played at. A lot of kids would come over from Rl to try it out - some would go back the next year some would stay on. In speaking to the parents what they found was that the AFL ran it well and the local Rl comp was a bit of a mess. These were professional people so appreciated the peofessionalism. What they also found was watching their sons play gave them a better understanding of the game and had come to enjoy it more not just when watching their kids but when watching an AFL game also. Didn’t mean they hated Rl just meant they’d come to appreciate Aussie rules as well. Unlike some here, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Freddy, that's a nice story pal. But I think there could be a rather large dose of confirmation bias in everything you utter about your fumbling game. No offence pal but I just can't take it seriously.

Have a great night!
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

It's win win for GC.

Yes, plenty of people who once never followed footy :Aussie rules) who have converted. I would see it at the club my son played at. A lot of kids would come over from Rl to try it out - some would go back the next year some would stay on. In speaking to the parents what they found was that the AFL ran it well and the local Rl comp was a bit of a mess. These were professional people so appreciated the peofessionalism. What they also found was watching their sons play gave them a better understanding of the game and had come to enjoy it more not just when watching their kids but when watching an AFL game also. Didn’t mean they hated Rl just meant they’d come to appreciate Aussie rules as well. Unlike some here, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.
:hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

or more like they were skinny white little noodle armed unco fumble fingered nerds unable to play anything else
yep

all 4 of them

the rest
read the above & add daddy or mummy or their parents came from some bum.fuck backwater south or west of the murray :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Terry wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:53 pm
It's win win for GC.

Freddy, that's a nice story pal. But I think there could be a rather large dose of confirmation bias in everything you utter about your fumbling game. No offence pal but I just can't take it seriously.

Have a great night!
a story Tez is all it is :wink:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Pete__09 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:28 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:55 am
Pete__09 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:09 am
It was front page of the Gold Coast Bulletin truthbomber.

So what do you think about that?

That's big time I think.
It is not uncommon for the Suns to be on the front or back page of the Bulletin. They also have the occasional middle page spread.
It is quite impressive I think
i gotta agree with Terry on this, Gold Coast Bulletin is a small newspaper, with little content.
SMH or Daily Telegraph, AGE or Herald are much much bigger.

And these days you can buy content in papers lol
it was already proven on MEDIAWEEK tv Show.

that the AFL buy content in QLD Newspapers
featuring the Courier and Bulletin.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Pete__09 »

I live in Brisbane & the AFL is hardly ever in the paper. It is always Rugby League a bit like The Herald Sun in Melbourne is mainly AFL.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:40 am
I live in Brisbane & the AFL is hardly ever in the paper. It is always Rugby League a bit like The Herald Sun in Melbourne is mainly AFL.
agree, i do remember Lions getting a good run In the final series over pass 2 seasons 2020 and 2021
with no Qld Teams in NRL finals.
but yes mostly do not register,

Herald and Age and very dominate towards AFL and for obvious reasons..
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Courier mail is much less of course - it is a RL town afterall - AFL do get a mention in there but focused on Lions. I watched the Brisbane 9 news and there was no mention at all of AFL - was mid week - but still. In saying that, seems to get more than soccer and RU on an ordinary week. Bulletin is a small paper - but every coffee shop seems to have it - but who reads papers these days anyway? Media is mostly online nowadays - and that, as has been shown, is guided by search history and what you read. In saying that, after the weekend win, plenty of talk of the GC suns on Brisbane and GC radio - well the ones I listened to anyway.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

well well

despite the Tits being last & the Broncos being injury Origin & riddled missing 8 players..
almost 20,000 fans turned out ( biggest crowd on the strip this year) on the GC to watch a cracking game of football

& not one RL fan on here lubing up & slapping it about this game :-k
any claims of being on the radio
in the GC bulletin
taking over ...

oh yea thats right ... i forgot haha
unlike fumblers , RL fans aren't wankers :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

how can the last placed Tits be bigger ... a lot bigger ..then the in contention for finals Thuns ? :hmm:
discuss ?
Fumblers ?
Anything ? 8-[

:cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

loving the crowd shots , thousands of young boys & girls in Titans gear cheering loudly for their team , with passion & conviction for the Coasts biggest Sports team.
No mind if they're last , they love their Titans & Rugby League

The Thuns ? :hmm:
who the Eff are they ? 8-[

:cool:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

great game SEQ Derby..

Presence, news and media were 100 times that of the suns lol

how is this even a argument.

I could only imagen if Titans were in the 8 as well and both teams were strong squads
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You must live in a RL bubble Leroy lol - as I must in an AFL one - didn't see anything at all on the titans- certainly not mentioned on the morning radio on my way into work - although Suns game was surprisingly enough for Brisbane radio and the Storm game as well.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:50 pm
You must live in a RL bubble Leroy lol - as I must in an AFL one - didn't see anything at all on the titans- certainly not mentioned on the morning radio on my way into work - although Suns game was surprisingly enough for Brisbane radio and the Storm game as well.
8-[

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

poor old fweddy
the forum village idiot .. in fine form :cool:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:50 pm
nope no bubble, just in QLD, where Rugby League is king.
lol how could you possibly live in QLD and not hear anything about that game lol
now that is a Bubble world inside a bubble.

if i lived in Melbourne and said that about the Storm, you would have huge point.

That is like me living in Melbourne and saying i heard nothing of Collingwood or kangaroo's stories of late
or big Melbournian teams.

if i had not,
i would be in my bubble and totally shutting out everything AFL
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I simply do not hear much about the Titans - I don't watch TV news, accept in morning when it is National, don't read the paper anymore, listen to Podcasts, but do listen to the Radio in the morning where Broncos are talked about (Brisbane radio) but seldom Titans. I do watch the AFL and Storm on Fox and the AFL show. The other source is my newsfeed on my phone (and we know how that is tailored) and of course, here - where I do get to hear about the Titans - often by others needing to point out that the Suns and AFL aren't as big as the NRL - which we know - and the titans - which I am not so sure about. Titan's have been on the nose ever since they ripped off a lot of local people/tradies with their excellence centre .... which is rather ironic now I guess.
Veni, vidi, vici