Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by truthbomber »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:20 am
Don't get too excited AFL lovers, the match still would have pulled in 900k once all viewers were counted, in what was quiet a one sided match.
309K metro
238K foxtel

BVOD 30K ?
Regional 220K ?
Kayo 220K ?

I'll say a million :cool:
Pippen1994
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Parra
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pippen1994 »

Beaussie wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:49 pm
Very low numbers for the Melbourne Storm, prime time on Channel 9 on Thursday night.

46,000 viewers, ranked 40 and a crowd of just 10,168 at AAMI Park.

Melbourne

Rank Channel Program

5 Seven THE FRONT BAR
7 10 MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA THURS
12 Seven HOME AND AWAY
14 Seven HOME AND AWAY-LATE
15 ABC FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT-EV
17 ABC Q+A-EV
22 10 LAW & ORDER: SVU
36 SBS WORLD’S MOST SCENIC RIVER JOURNEYS
40 Nine THURSDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE

THURSDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE Nine Network 309,000 152,000 46,000 92,000 9,000 11,000

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/thursday- ... 22/20105/5
Ha - swans got 50k in Sydney on Friday against well supported Richmond. Competition was two qld teams. Match went down to wire too. Glasshouses
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:46 am
Fred wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:05 pm
I don't think that is too bad - it is a very minor sport in Victoria and you see soccer and netball rating the same or worse - and they are much bigger. Agree, it was a Thursday night, prime time, no AFL up against it.
same numbers or better then the self anointed biggest club side of any code in NSW fweddy , I think it proves that the swines are nothing of the sort

when was the last time they got 100K for a club game in sydney on FTA
i'll tell you

a long

long time

making inroads into NSW ?

yea

nah :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

For me I think it is all about grassroots - or partly - in Sydney and NSW a kid or adult can find a local team and go and play. I think for all of Victoria there is 1 league for the state and that is for the main Melbourne metro area. If you lived in certain parts of Victoria and wanted to play RL it is almost impossible as no local teams. I think this is the thing AFL look at - growth of the game. The swans do seem to get good crowds. Agree, ratings could be better in Sydney but we really only know FTA and with the high uptake of fox who knows. Do agree, Rl is indeed king in Sydney by a long way. I do think the swans are doing better than the Storm are in Melbourne though - although I think the Storm are closing that gap.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Sun May 29, 2022 6:30 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:32 pm
For me I think it is all about grassroots - or partly - in Sydney and NSW a kid or adult can find a local team and go and play. I think for all of Victoria there is 1 league for the state and that is for the main Melbourne metro area. If you lived in certain parts of Victoria and wanted to play RL it is almost impossible as no local teams. I think this is the thing AFL look at - growth of the game. The swans do seem to get good crowds. Agree, ratings could be better in Sydney but we really only know FTA and with the high uptake of fox who knows. Do agree, Rl is indeed king in Sydney by a long way. I do think the swans are doing better than the Storm are in Melbourne though - although I think the Storm are closing that gap.
Good points.

Swans also had 3 times as many fans at their game compared to Storm.
Pippen1994
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Parra
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pippen1994 »

Beaussie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:30 pm
Good points.

46k is "Very low numbers". What's 53k against titans vs broncos in Sydney?!
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

truthbomber wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:46 am
Fred wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:05 pm
I don't think that is too bad - it is a very minor sport in Victoria and you see soccer and netball rating the same or worse - and they are much bigger. Agree, it was a Thursday night, prime time, no AFL up against it.
same numbers or better then the self anointed biggest club side of any code in NSW fweddy , I think it proves that the swines are nothing of the sort

when was the last time they got 100K for a club game in sydney on FTA
i'll tell you

a long

long time

making inroads into NSW ?

yea

nah :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

but but but but

keep dishing out the excuses
no one is listening to your crap , 40 years & well ova a billion dollars later & the main stream sports fan in Sydney is no more interested in your sport for little white boys with noodle arms

it remains a game for ex pats & snoody fucks
no one else
end of
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Good points.

put the swines on a thursday & the storm on the friday for a fairer comparison beatup
theres a good little rose glasses wearing bubble dwelling fumbler :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Pippen1994 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:55 pm
Good points.

46k is "Very low numbers". What's 53k against titans vs broncos in Sydney?!
id say pathetic , for the self anointed biggest club side in NSW

add about 20K for STV , derpball fans in Sydney don't need to subscribe to STV to watch the swines , every game .. thats.. every game is available on FTA so they're aren't many & we have around 75K in total watching from the nations largest city.

meanwhile around 400K sydneysiders watched an ALL QLD NRL game on all platforms
wow
just wow
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think if you have fox already you are going to watch on fox - as no add breaks. Given the reportedly higher uptake of Fox in Sydney would it be reasonable to assume a higher amount of people watching on fox?

Also, Sydney do get good crowds so they definitely have a decent following. Not as if they get GWS type crowds - which does indicate a poor following I agree.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:01 am
I think if you have fox already you are going to watch on fox - as no add breaks. Given the reportedly higher uptake of Fox in Sydney would it be reasonable to assume a higher amount of people watching on fox?

Also, Sydney do get good crowds so they definitely have a decent following. Not as if they get GWS type crowds - which does indicate a poor following I agree.
the increased uptake for STV in Sydney is by NRL followers fwedy you twerp , case in point .. one sydney team playing yesterday
& 280K foxtel veiwers & 250K on kayo , for a game that was also on FTA

staggering numbers for the NRL & proof that because there are 5 exclusive games behind a paywall you have to subscribe to watch your team consistently.
530K for a sunday afternoon simulcast game !! :shock:
stunning

but not for derpball...

you don;t need to pay to watch the swines so why would you ?
or anyone anywhere in
NSW
QLD
WA
SA

nope
a few expats are all the swines have , not much to show for 40 years eh
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Not sure why you have to use personal insults - we are just discussing a point of difference. It is not really necessary and somewhat childish. People come here to have a debate or disagree - not to be insulted. This is one big negative of this forum and needs to be addressed - it is a big reason many do not come here.

anyway - that said - I have Fox and have it for a few reasons - the shows you get around the footy, no adds, not all games on FTA.

Ex-Pats - seems to be a lot of ex-pats in Sydney going to the Swan's game each week. Lots of people playing too - kids and adults - but they hate the game of course and only do so cause they can't play RL or Union. You know, you can like all - RL, Union, and Australian Rules Football - soccer - many people do. There is no war - I think it is a hangnail of RL V RU days - seems to be mainly the RL people with the chip for some reason - little brother syndrome maybe?
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:21 pm
Not sure why you have to use personal insults - we are just discussing a point of difference. It is not really necessary and somewhat childish. People come here to have a debate or disagree - not to be insulted. This is one big negative of this forum and needs to be addressed - it is a big reason many do not come here.

anyway - that said - I have Fox and have it for a few reasons - the shows you get around the footy, no adds, not all games on FTA.

Ex-Pats - seems to be a lot of ex-pats in Sydney going to the Swan's game each week. Lots of people playing too - kids and adults - but they hate the game of course and only do so cause they can't play RL or Union. You know, you can like all - RL, Union, and Australian Rules Football - soccer - many people do. There is no war - I think it is a hangnail of RL V RU days - seems to be mainly the RL people with the chip for some reason - little brother syndrome maybe?
you get insulted because you're thick & pay no attention to anything anyone else is saying
you follow some crap suburb from melb
so of course you have foxtel , but those that follow the home sides in the non vicderpian states don't .. so why would they

pay attention FFS you twerp & address what is written :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:21 pm

a lot of expats ?

nope
only need about 50K to prove exactly what im saying & if anyone thinks there arent that many in sydney out of 5.3 Million then they're as thick as you :(/ :(/ :(/
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

I did say snoody former yawnion fans who have deserted that game also & they make up the rest &
they're elitist up themselves scum & , will move onto the next fad once they're bored with noodle arms & fumbles .. won't be long

I also said main stream average sports fans in Sydney & , they .. don't care for derpball . the TV ratings prove it.
never have
never will :cool:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:01 am

Yeah I’ve got Kayo for same reason. No ads and the footy shows like AFL 360 etc. Every AFL fan I know in Sydney also has either Kayo or Foxtel too.