Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:14 am
Fred wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:18 pm
Well the fact is you can play Australian Rules right across the country and it was invented here and is unique to here, so it is Australia's game. Is it loved by everyone, most definitely not, but it is ours. Unlike RL or RU or Soccer. That's would be simply a fact.
\

AFL was invented by a man that led the charge against an Aboriginal village. Quite some role model you've got there Fred.
No he wasn't.
Attended the first rules committee meeting and was pretty much ignored there and from there on.
And he did not “lead the charge” that was organised by a Queenslander. Involved, certainly. Leader no.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:50 pm
Fred wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:56 pm
Why would AFL people be "jealous" - there are many sports that are international - I take pride in having a unique code to this country. If someone overseas doesn't like it I don't care and if they do I think - oh that's nice. My friends in the US can't stand Vegemite - I kind of have a laugh and chuckle that they don't understand it - it's an Aussie thing - just like AFL. It's no biggy really.

Also, I think you mean envious. I tell you what I am envious of though - the ARL having SoO and being so successful with it - wish AFL had it back - out of season though so as to not wreck the integrity of the AFL premiership season.
aflol is not an aussie thing because , half of australia couldn't give a flying fuck about it

that does not happen with NFL in the US
as a nation they have embraced the code of football they invented
gaelic football the same

numerous other examples too

but not here
the vict*ards invented a cow of a game , a bumbling joke that has not resonated with half the nation still , after 160 years &

never will :cool:
It is interesting that Australian rules has many more leagues and teams in the half of Australia that doesn’t care about it than rugby league has in the other half. Does that mean that the other half thinks even less of rugby league,

And if your half of the country (alone an exaggeration) doesn't care less about Australian rules, why do they have the most attended football club in Sydney and the 2nd best attended club in Brisbane, which will in a couple of years be the most attended club in Brisbane too.

You exaggerate the worldwide popularity of gridiron and the NFL, huge in the US, expansion attempts for the code have failed, both domestically and internationally.
And I did not compare Australian Rules to gridiron, just put it on a list on mainly domestic sports.
If anything compares to gridiron it is rugby, which American football evolved from and dwarves. Well they don't really compare. do they?
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:16 pm
Well the fact is you can play Australian Rules right across the country and it was invented here and is unique to here, so it is Australia's game. Is it loved by everyone, most definitely not, but it is ours. Unlike RL or RU or Soccer. That's would be simply a fact.
it might be yours
its not mine

Im an Australian & like half of us , I couldn't care less about it
this is not the case for other unique sports

Victorian rules has failed
this is the only fact here
Whether you like it or not is irrelevant to whether it is Australia”s game. Like Vegemite, does everyone in Australia like it ? No. Has it taken off overseas - No - it is often seen as weird. Is it as Aussie as it comes - you betcha. Is it played all across the country - certainly. Do some people not like it - of course. Does that make it any less Australian - No. there’s really nothing else to say on the matter - but go ahead.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:18 am
truthbomber wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:16 pm
it might be yours
its not mine

Im an Australian & like half of us , I couldn't care less about it
this is not the case for other unique sports

Victorian rules has failed
this is the only fact here
Whether you like it or not is irrelevant to whether it is Australia”s game. Like Vegemite, does everyone in Australia like it ? No. Has it taken off overseas - No - it is often seen as weird. Is it as Aussie as it comes - you betcha. Is it played all across the country - certainly. Do some people not like it - of course. Does that make it any less Australian - No. there’s really nothing else to say on the matter - but go ahead.
it was invented in a british colony well before federation , by a drunkard aboriginal murderer

it aint aussie at all
its an embarrassment [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:46 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:14 am
\

AFL was invented by a man that led the charge against an Aboriginal village. Quite some role model you've got there Fred.
No he wasn't.
Attended the first rules committee meeting and was pretty much ignored there and from there on.
And he did not “lead the charge” that was organised by a Queenslander. Involved, certainly. Leader no.
re writing history now , :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
fumblers & their desperation
its hilarious :(/ :(/ :(/
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:07 am
Why would AFL people be "jealous" - there are many sports that are international - I take pride in having a unique code to this country. If someone overseas doesn't like it I don't care and if they do I think - oh that's nice. My friends in the US can't stand Vegemite - I kind of have a laugh and chuckle that they don't understand it - it's an Aussie thing - just like AFL. It's no biggy really.

Also, I think you mean envious. I tell you what I am envious of though - the ARL having SoO and being so successful with it - wish AFL had it back - out of season though so as to not wreck the integrity of the AFL premiership season.
aflol is not an aussie thing because , half of australia couldn't give a flying fuck about it

gaelic football the same

but not here
the vict*ards invented a cow of a game , a bumbling joke that has not resonated with half the nation still , after 160 years &

It is interesting that Australian rules has many more leagues and teams in the half of Australia that doesn’t care about it than rugby league has in the other half. Does that mean that the other half thinks even less of rugby league,

And if your half of the country (alone an exaggeration) doesn't care less about Australian rules, why do they have the most attended football club in Sydney and the 2nd best attended club in Brisbane, which will in a couple of years be the most attended club in Brisbane too.

You exaggerate the worldwide popularity of gridiron and the NFL, huge in the US, expansion attempts for the code have failed, both domestically and internationally.
And I did not compare Australian Rules to gridiron, just put it on a list on mainly domestic sports.
If anything compares to gridiron it is rugby, which American football evolved from and dwarves. Well they don't really compare. do they?
poor little bubble dwelling fumbler , his delusions rampant
stamping his feet

but we are big , so big .. so so big :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
pwease beweave us :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

tiny
tiny sport :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

pretty much the only people that follow vicderpian rules outside of vicderpia & the wasteland states are mongs who have moved to NSW, QLD & the ACT from the above or their unco fumbling off spring

a sport for skinny white noodle armed soft girly boys incapable of playing anything else
end of :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:51 am
pretty much the only people that follow vicderpian rules outside of vicderpia & the wasteland states are mongs who have moved to NSW, QLD & the ACT from the above or their unco fumbling off spring

a sport for skinny white noodle armed soft girly boys incapable of playing anything else
end of :cool:

Okay.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Quolls2019 (Sat May 14, 2022 2:23 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

gaelic football the same

but not here

rugby league will never be big for playing numbers >> it is too physically demanding...

lions over taking broncos for attendance lol.. i do not think so.

lions have had there chance for pass 3 years with Broncos down the bottom..

interesting you keep saying the Dolphins entry will bring down the Broncos attendance..

this did not happen to Crows and West Coast..
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:44 pm

gaelic football the same

but not here

rugby league will never be big for playing numbers >> it is too physically demanding...

interesting you keep saying the Dolphins entry will bring down the Broncos attendance..

I agree that it did not happen to the crows or the eagles, I still feel that, from the feedback I get from contacts in The Brisbane area that it will impact. After the completion of the 3rd year i will be quite happy to admit i am wrong, if I am.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

gaelic football the same

but not here

I would agree with this
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

gaelic football the same

but not here

hes a fumbler , so has NFI about most things

The wions drew just 19K on a perfect saturday night weather wise for their last home game at a time when they're 2nd on the ladder

would the Broncos ever do that ?
nope
will the Dolphins ever do that in the future ?
nope

a recent report had the wions as continuing to be a financial drain on the comp at a level on par with the thuns & midgets & this is with their current level of success
things are NOT rosey for the vicderpian game outside of its heartland ... still :cool:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:17 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:47 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:04 pm

From a previous post related to your side note.

“ No 1. That’s not my opinion, that’s the opinion of someone trying to organise rugby league in the USA…you know someone who is actually there…..and doing the stuff….so I would assume they know what’s going on there…..where they are…
No 2. Yes I know there is more than one organisation trying to have their own comps in the USA. Many? I would like a definition of that one. The attempt to start a professional league via the NARl has gone very quite…most teams have dropped out. They are meant to start on May 21 with a 6 team comp, but there has been little internet updates/news since January.
No 3. The USARL has been very quiet lately, a couple of references to their women’s rep side, but not much else.
No 4. The Californian Rugby League was very active, but since September 21, when they suspended some teams indefinitely, they too have been very quiet.
5. It is very hard to gauge exactly what’s going on wth rugby league there at the moment.
6. Australian Rules Comps in the USA do appear to be a bit more active, albeit will always be a minor, curiosity sport.”

On another side note, the Australian Rules games scheduled for play, this weekend, in the USA.

https://usafl.com/game-results

And how many rugby league games are scheduled in the US…..this year.
Why are you using an AFL site as some sort of proof?
As has been said ...anyone outside the afl bubble know that it's likely to be bullshit .
They have a long history of talking absolute shit here & over seas.
There was a bloke called Clarkey who used to be on sites talking about how popular afl was in England .
How it was introduced into schools & was growing rapidly in popularity .
Turns out he was just another Aflol bullshitter.
As is the case with expats who try to start comps in other countries .
Talk it up
Talk it up .
Reality. Lol

:rofl: :rofl:
This is not an AFL site, it’s a US Australian rules site….and what sites do you think that I should use to demonstrate Australian Rules overseas…baseball?
Lol what you continually ignore as is the custom with aflol fans is that there is no credibility on AfLol sites here or overseas .
Bullshit is what is they're good at .
So do I believe anything from anyone who runs an afl site .lol no
Too many times they've be been caught out lying.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So there’s no point discussing this any further I guess re: numbers. I guess we can’t take nrl crowd figures seriously either given their admitted track record of fudging crowds.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

gaelic football the same

but not here

The past two of three years has not been a guide for attendance anywhere. Lets see the next 3 years. 23, 24, 25.