Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:27 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:19 pm
truthbomber wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:12 pm

its just another reminder from us how small your ... half a country only sport on the entire planet , infact entire universe ... is

is there a smaller sport anywhere on earth ? :cool:
Yes many other sports….and I’m pretty sure Rugby League is only played on Earth, you are delirious….again.
name them then you fumbling wanker :cool:
I don't think you can realistically say the Australian rules is a small sport, unless you really are a complete idiot.
But other sorts mainly confined to one country
Hurling, Gaelic football, Gridiron, wushu, lacrosse, pato, kabaddi, Capoeira, Tejo, Varzesh-E Bastani, Charreria, Dandi Biyo, Arnis, Paso Fino, Destrezas Criollas…bored now…
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
pussycat Mark 11 (Fri May 13, 2022 10:42 am)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:01 am
Wow!; its just keeps getting better and better.

English Rugby League has entered into a major 12-year partnership with IMG to transform the sport in the UK, increase commercial income and attract new fans.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/66242147

Australia's No.1 sport - Soon to be the UK and North America's No. 1 Sport, Wow!

:thumbleft: :thumbleft: gold,go;d,gold :cheers:
About the IMG partnership…
It’s broken (still) , let’s try to fix it again..

IMG’s takeover of rugby league laid bare

“The deal is what it is, it’s going to be the RFL effectively selling off farmland, the real estate of the sport to try and fix things and run the sport properly,”
“ it has been a long time coming with years of slow decline getting to this point.”

“This isn’t something that’s happened overnight, this is something that has happened for a decade – we’ve gradually seen a slow and steady decline that is very close to my heart.”

“That will come under their remit as part of this deal which will see the RFL and the executive board at the RFL selling off a chunk of the farmland.”

“They could be the saviour of our sport.”

Wow, oh, wow.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Great Things to come for the English Game, Only need some good direction and leadership.

Crowds and ratings are all up this years.
a lot of sell outs.

Strong things Leading into a World Cup Year
Which The English Government has given $16 Million Pounds too
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:17 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:19 pm

Yes many other sports….and I’m pretty sure Rugby League is only played on Earth, you are delirious….again.
I don't think you can realistically say the Australian rules is a small sport, unless you really are a complete idiot.
Hurling, Gaelic football, Gridiron, wushu, lacrosse, pato, kabaddi, Capoeira, Tejo, Varzesh-E Bastani, Charreria, Dandi Biyo, Arnis, Paso Fino, Destrezas Criollas…bored now…
Gridiron ? (/ United States, Canadian,China, Mexico. Japan all have professional teams/competitions :(/ buta good story anyrate :wink:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

and the others?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:33 am
and the others?
You people are so envious - so jealous :(/ Paso fino is horse breed, no more a sport than a quarter horse or a labrador is. :-({|=
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Why would AFL people be "jealous" - there are many sports that are international - I take pride in having a unique code to this country. If someone overseas doesn't like it I don't care and if they do I think - oh that's nice. My friends in the US can't stand Vegemite - I kind of have a laugh and chuckle that they don't understand it - it's an Aussie thing - just like AFL. It's no biggy really.

Also, I think you mean envious. I tell you what I am envious of though - the ARL having SoO and being so successful with it - wish AFL had it back - out of season though so as to not wreck the integrity of the AFL premiership season.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:15 pm
Fred wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:33 am
and the others?
You people are so envious - so jealous :(/ Paso fino is horse breed, no more a sport than a quarter horse or a labrador is. :-({|=
It is both.
Puerto Rico - Paso Fino

Puerto Rico's national sport is Paso fino. Paso fino horses descended from a mix of Spanish horses and time adapting to the topography of Puerto Rico. It is thought that the first paso fino races took place in the 1790's and continued throughout the 19th century, despite being banned by Governor Juan de la Pezula in the late 1840's. The sport continued in secret but was eventually made legal again, though by the 1930's it had diminished. In 1943 the currently named Puerto Rico Paso Fino Horse Sporting Federation was founded to organize and spread awareness of the sport. In 1966 paso fino was declared the national sport of Puerto Rico.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:12 am

Gridiron ? (/ United States, Canadian,China, Mexico. Japan all have professional teams/competitions :(/ buta good story anyrate :wink:
Japan yes….surprised me, Mexico is a bit of a stretch, they have a league they call professional but well, a bit of a stretch.
Canada…no….don’t tell any Canadian that the CFL is American football, might look the same, might have some shared rules, but have some that are not…thats like saying that rugby league is really rugby union.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:12 am

i know right ...
only an idiot would compare that silly little fumbling vicderpian oddity to a giant of a sport like Gridiron

played in a lot more countries for starters . &.. a huge global presence with people from just about every country & continent on earth following the NFL
while their little bumbling joke of a sport is barely given a raised eye brow outside of vicderpia & a few wasteland states in one country

only in the mind of a bubble dwelling fumbler would the 2 be comparable :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:56 pm
Why would AFL people be "jealous" - there are many sports that are international - I take pride in having a unique code to this country. If someone overseas doesn't like it I don't care and if they do I think - oh that's nice. My friends in the US can't stand Vegemite - I kind of have a laugh and chuckle that they don't understand it - it's an Aussie thing - just like AFL. It's no biggy really.

Also, I think you mean envious. I tell you what I am envious of though - the ARL having SoO and being so successful with it - wish AFL had it back - out of season though so as to not wreck the integrity of the AFL premiership season.
aflol is not an aussie thing because , half of australia couldn't give a flying fuck about it

that does not happen with NFL in the US
as a nation they have embraced the code of football they invented
gaelic football the same

numerous other examples too

but not here
the vict*ards invented a cow of a game , a bumbling joke that has not resonated with half the nation still , after 160 years &

never will :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well the fact is you can play Australian Rules right across the country and it was invented here and is unique to here, so it is Australia's game. Is it loved by everyone, most definitely not, but it is ours. Unlike RL or RU or Soccer. That's would be simply a fact.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:18 pm
Well the fact is you can play Australian Rules right across the country and it was invented here and is unique to here, so it is Australia's game. Is it loved by everyone, most definitely not, but it is ours. Unlike RL or RU or Soccer. That's would be simply a fact.
it might be yours
its not mine

Im an Australian & like half of us , I couldn't care less about it
this is not the case for other unique sports

Victorian rules has failed
this is the only fact here
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

\

AFL was invented by a man that led the charge against an Aboriginal village. Quite some role model you've got there Fred.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:16 pm
it might be yours
its not mine

Im an Australian & like half of us , I couldn't care less about it
this is not the case for other unique sports

Victorian rules has failed
this is the only fact here
For not caring less about it you sure do make a lot of comments about it.