Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:03 pm
Fred wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:03 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:45 am
freddy the Gabba was 9.5k short of a sell out.. deal with it..

the AFL can tell you all you want.. you do not have to believe them
I think it showed that for AFL it is 36 or 37 thousand capacity so that figure is wrong of 9.5k. There is also a difference between capacity and sell-out. Not sure how clear I can be but I'll leave it at that as history tells me any further conversation is pointless - I can only explain/explore so much and accept what may be easy for me to understand may not be for others. Which is fine - it is the way of the world I guess. I only have myself to blame I guess. I will leave you all to it on this one - look forward to reading the replies.
you have yourself to blame for getting all wanky & excited when proclaiming to all I'm
going to the " sold out " gabba to watch the fumbling & missing which ended up being a so what moment when there were literally thousands of empty seats because the vicderpian game just aint that popular in QLD

upper cuts
rain them on your chin :cool:
Last home games in Brisbane
Lions
14/04/2022 Thursday. 32,312

Broncos
08/04/2022 Friday 23,508

Yep, AFL just ain’t that popular in Qld, lions are just more popular that the Broncos in Brisbane, and on a normally low crowd drawing night against a normally high crowd drawing night.

Shape of things to come.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:38 am

I think it showed that for AFL it is 36 or 37 thousand capacity so that figure is wrong of 9.5k. There is also a difference between capacity and sell-out. Not sure how clear I can be but I'll leave it at that as history tells me any further conversation is pointless - I can only explain/explore so much and accept what may be easy for me to understand may not be for others. Which is fine - it is the way of the world I guess. I only have myself to blame I guess. I will leave you all to it on this one - look forward to reading the replies.
you have yourself to blame for getting all wanky & excited when proclaiming to all I'm
going to the " sold out " gabba to watch the fumbling & missing which ended up being a so what moment when there were literally thousands of empty seats because the vicderpian game just aint that popular in QLD

upper cuts
Lions

Broncos
08/04/2022 Friday 23,508

Yep, AFL just ain’t that popular in Qld, lions are just more popular that the Broncos in Brisbane, and on a normally low crowd drawing night against a normally high crowd drawing night.

Shape of things to come.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

the Broncos couldn't beat an egg atm & haven't been able to for the last 3 years , whilst the paddle pop wions have been a top 4 fumbling & missing team for that same period yet are still 3 times less popular then the pathetic broncos in QLD ( all eyes factored in )
also the patheic 2022 Broncos have already drawn a crowd (38000) the wions won't match in 2022 & have never matched ... in the last 35 years despite playing in a venue big enough to house a crowd that size for 30 of those years

only ex pat sthn mongs or their unco off spring follow or play derps & dropsies in QLD
this, is a fact
end of fumblers , end of :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:10 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:38 am

upper cuts
Lions

Broncos
08/04/2022 Friday 23,508

Shape of things to come.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

only ex pat sthn mongs or their unco off spring follow or play derps & dropsies in QLD
this, is a fact
end of fumblers , end of :cool:
That is not a fact..only your biased opinion…which is the same as most of the “facts” you post.
And one game does not a season make……no more derbies
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:45 am
freddy the Gabba was 9.5k short of a sell out.. deal with it..

the AFL can tell you all you want.. you do not have to believe them
The highest cricket crowd is 39,874 for a one day international between Australia and South Africa in 2006, while the highest AFL crowd is 37,478 for a 2019 Finals game between the Brisbane Lions and Richmond. While the stadium's capacity is officially 41,974, it has been reduced due to a temporary deck area behind the goals - for AFL games the current capacity is approximately 36,000

36,000 seating plus standing room.
Footyfan88
Team: Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Footyfan88 »

How many games a year do people here attend?
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Footyfan88 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:56 pm
Before covid and unemployment, 3 or 4. Since 2019…..none….not by intention, by circumstance.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I get to most Sun's games and will go to see Collingwood when they are in town. Was a bonanza when they were playing every second week in Brisbane.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Footyfan88 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:56 pm
different every year cannot put a number on it..
i do however seem to go to games more than often not involving my team.
as i reside in QLD
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Seems to be a trend of lower crowds. I thought the cartoon v collingwood game was a little on the light side too - would have expected 85000 minimum. Close but still on the lighter side.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Fred wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:10 am
Seems to be a trend of lower crowds. I thought the cartoon v collingwood game was a little on the light side too - would have expected 85000 minimum. Close but still on the lighter side.
I think the covid lockdown experience is still a major factor in attendance of all entertainment, not just sport…movies, restaurants and all going out type activities even going to work.
Melbourne maybe more affected because of the length of their lockdown and the locals got used to staying home.

Soccer and union seem to be the codes most affected, although the big 2 are also down substantially.
Covid is still impacting AFL with the Covid protocols restricting player selection and until recently still had crowds caps at some grounds. I know several people that will still not go anywhere that has substantial crowds.
The flu (together with the covid resurgence) has potential to have some negative impact on crowd numbers in the near future.
Let’s hope it doesn’t
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Digital tickets is a real turn off too. I’m tech savvy but still find the experience painful even as a member. And don’t get me started on food and drink prices at the footy. What a rort 🤬

No surprise that combined with covid, crowds are down.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:21 pm
Digital tickets is a real turn off too. I’m tech savvy but still find the experience painful even as a member. And don’t get me started on food and drink prices at the footy. What a rort 🤬

all im seeing is but but but

aflol crowds have have fallen off a cliff compared to 2019 ( last year unaffected by covid ) & there is no legit reason except the product is ordinary & fans , everywhere in the fumbleball world as tiny as it is , aren't excited in the slightest by it

The NRL has had a tiny drop in crowds & if it wasn't for the Warriors playing in Australia & the wettest autumn since records began
would be on par with 2019 , this on top of shattering TV ratings records in the first 12 weeks. Unlike derpball , NRL fans are loving whats being dished up to them :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Beaussie wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:21 pm

Yeah not a big fan of digital tickets either.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think the collingwood Carlton game would have got closer to 88000 5 years ago without issue. Also west coast is pulling pour crowds - not surprising given how impacted from Covid they are and subsequently fielding a seconds side for much of the year.
Veni, vidi, vici