The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:10 am
Gone wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:57 pm
130k for the first two matches of the AFL opening round. NRL entire opening round was 125k....

I wouldnt want to acknowledge crowds either if I was you.
I came across a fine little article on my way to the forum today. It was titled, "Why are we so worried about attendances". It was written on the Roar sports site by some dude who calls himself "The Wookie" lolololololol!!!!

Among many many gems was this line.............."Fans and pundits need to essentially ignore the AFL’s attendance figures. It’s a statistical anomaly in Australian sport....." Lolololololollololol!!!!!!

So there ya have it straight from the horses mouth! The bumsniffing wookie in absolute lock step on this with good 'ol Terry lolololol!!!!! The AFL's attendances are an outlier.

Now come on bummy...................no more hypocrisy from you please. It does nothing for your .................ummmm.........credibility lololololol!!!!

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/04/11/w ... tendances/
Im sure you did come across it today

its funny that you trot this out every so often like it wins you an argument - you posted the same article in 2019 in an Origin discussion thread. Im well aware of what I wrote - the message was to fans of codes with smaller attendances about relativity and fans whinging about their codes not getting crowds comparable to the AFL. It wasnt about invalidating the AFLs crowds just because they smash yours.

truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:27 am
truthbomber wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:06 am
130k for the first two matches of the AFL opening round. NRL entire opening round was 125k....

but...
160K plus confidently tipped , infact pretty much guaranteed to attend by our resident blow hard mega phone bellowing sthn tossers

30K down
wow :-k
8-[

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
Gee f you yhink that’s funny you must be hysterical over the NRL crowds…..or just hysterical.
why you fumbling f stick
we haven't had our tiny willy's in our hand vastly over predicting the cwowds .. oh de cwowds , like you lot
ours havebeen pretty much exactly what they've been estimated to be :cool:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:39 pm

I came across a fine little article on my way to the forum today. It was titled, "Why are we so worried about attendances". It was written on the Roar sports site by some dude who calls himself "The Wookie" lolololololol!!!!

Among many many gems was this line.............."Fans and pundits need to essentially ignore the AFL’s attendance figures. It’s a statistical anomaly in Australian sport....." Lolololololollololol!!!!!!

So there ya have it straight from the horses mouth! The bumsniffing wookie in absolute lock step on this with good 'ol Terry lolololol!!!!! The AFL's attendances are an outlier.

Now come on bummy...................no more hypocrisy from you please. It does nothing for your .................ummmm.........credibility lololololol!!!!

its funny that you trot this out every so often like it wins you an argument - you posted the same article in 2019 in an Origin discussion thread. Im well aware of what I wrote - the message was to fans of codes with smaller attendances about relativity and fans whinging about their codes not getting crowds comparable to the AFL. It wasnt about invalidating the AFLs crowds just because they smash yours.

Thanks bummy. And yep I've got an incredible memory which is good to call out your BS lolololol!!!!

But on this I agree whole heartedly with you, "Fans and pundits need to essentially ignore the AFL's attendance figures..." so that is what I will do.

Cheers bummy!
Bumsniffers
Reserves
Reserves
Team: The Bumsniffers
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Bumsniffers »

In this case, you should worry about your own bs. Ignoring AFL crowds as a statistical outlier in the context of a fight club is utter cowardice, and you know it.

If we just chose to ignore any NRL favoring metric you lot would hit the roof, as the league crowd did for years over say, regionals or origin.

You post so much about me and my posts or tweets - even when i go away from the forum for months - its pretty obvious your obssessed with me. Its kind of cute in a way.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Terry wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:19 am

Thanks bummy. And yep I've got an incredible memory which is good to call out your BS lolololol!!!!

But on this I agree whole heartedly with you, "Fans and pundits need to essentially ignore the AFL's attendance figures..." so that is what I will do.

Cheers bummy!
On a head for head basis the NRL would be the most watched sport in Australia and very , very close to on the planet! Wow! :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

The gap between the top two codes seem to be growing.

Both Super Rugby and A+League appear, to me, to be nearly non existent in the media and attendance figures are often not published. TV ratings are very poor.
What is their short and long term future?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:08 am

Both Super Rugby and A+League appear, to me, to be nearly non existent in the media and attendance figures are often not published. TV ratings are very poor.
The Aleague has no hope .
When any player with ability heads off overseas to earn $$$ then that relegates the comp to about a 4th rate comp .
It has gone backwards since it started .
A few highs such as the Wanderers joint But the fizzled put quick .
So many predictions .
Sleeping giant .
Will be no 1 sport in Aust .
Etc
Isn't happening .

RU is slowly sinking in Aust .
The elitist attitude & game mired in rules that slow everything down is a huge problem .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:00 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:19 am

Cheers bummy!
On a head for head basis the NRL would be the most watched sport in Australia and very , very close to on the planet! Wow! :cheers:
Head to head most watched sport on the planet?
Well thats a great exaggeration.
Are you sure you didn't mean on a pro rata basis?

Still debatable but one thing that is not: on a pro rata basis the AFL is undoubtably the most attended footbal code on the planet….by a long way
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:08 am

A League has only survived due to being propped up with promise of hope of improving tv ratings to broadcasters and expansion...
getting an over than what is it worth TV DEAL> last 10 years..
and has no delivered and has actually went backwards..

the Same thing has happen to UNION>> heading backwards.

long term they will continue to play second fiddle.
A League relies on Multi millionaires to fund the clubs losing millions.. *how long does this last?

Union will be relying on the massive cash windfall from the RUGBY UNION WORLD CUP in 2027
and exposure to move forward
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

aren't yawnion looking at an equity deal with someone similar to the All Blacks , or was that sooker

both codes are broke
their clubs / franchises are broke

no one is watching at the grounds or on TV
sookers only saving grace is it is played nationally in huge numbers , mainly because it is easy to play & soft

yawnion doesn't even have this tho, 4th in the codes for participants by some way.
it will limp on to 2027 & its world cup which will need to emulate the success of the 2003 world cup, otherwise its a bleak future for the rah rahs
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Ain’t no doubt about it ..AFL is not popular in Sydney…….never seen anything like this in NRL.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:25 pm
Ain’t no doubt about it ..AFL is not popular in Sydney…….never seen anything like this in NRL.
you cant mean this

Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Gone wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:35 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:25 pm
you cant mean this

Yes that’s the moment…and what a long moment.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Was amazing to watch. Never seen anything quite like that. Seemed more intense to me than Plugger, Dunstal, and Ablett.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

more hyped up rubbish
99 out of 100 Sydneysiders wouldn't have known or cared about big barney frankfurt & his 50,000th goal or whatever it was