Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:21 am
truthbomber wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:23 pm
Beaussie wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:29 am
Australia’s Game dominates sports crowds.

well they have to dominate something i guess haha

funny how " australias game " ... didn't dominate on TV eh ? :cool:
The Top 10 FTA Programs (Metro Overnight Ratings) Of 2021 Were:

1) AFL: Grand Final: Melbourne V Western Bulldogs Seven 3,006,000
2) AFL: Grand Final: Presentations Seven 2,667,000
3) AFL: Grand Final: On The Ground Seven 2,266,000
4) NRL Grand Final Day – Match Nine 2,202,000
5) Tokyo Games Opening Ceremony Seven 2,117,000
6) Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games: Day 9 – Night Seven 2,070,000
7) State of Origin Game One Nine 1,911,000
8) State of Origin Game Two Nine 1,862,000
9) The Block – Winner Announced Nine 1,835,000
10) NRL Grand Final Day – Presentation Nine 1,794,000

I think the NRL dominated the SOO series quite easily…oh that’s right AFL doesn’t have them…
What else did they dominate?….constantly stating how they dominate they AFL when they don’t?
your silly little game is free to have an SOO if it wants :cool:
& Id suggest a gap of more then 17 million with less games played is an arse kicking :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:23 am
truthbomber wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:23 pm

well they have to dominate something i guess haha

funny how " australias game " ... didn't dominate on TV eh ? :cool:

I think the NRL dominated the SOO series quite easily…oh that’s right AFL doesn’t have them…
What else did they dominate?….constantly stating how they dominate they AFL when they don’t?
& Id suggest a gap of more then 17 million with less games played is an arse kicking :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
Our “silly” game started SOO, The NRL copied, the AFL/VFL decided the regular season was more important so dropped it. the NRL is not in that position because their regular season is not as popular.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:49 pm
truthbomber wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:23 am

Our “silly” game started SOO, The NRL copied, the AFL/VFL decided the regular season was more important so dropped it. the NRL is not in that position because their regular season is not as popular.
not as popular ?
oh..
so..

how did it attract 8.5 million more TV veiwers with 7 less games played then dopey ?
id say its every bit as popular :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

but its another example of the attitude of most flogball fans
arrogant
but ignorant too

fact is australias game is usurped in australia by RL
a fact they struggle with hugely :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:56 pm
arrogant
but ignorant too

That’s fantasy, not fact, show me the facts.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:00 pm
truthbomber wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:56 pm
arrogant
but ignorant too

That’s fantasy, not fact, show me the facts.
plenty of data on TV ratings
you yourself posted how the NRL is discussed a lot more on social media then the drops & oopsies is
big FACTors right there :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Anyway back to crowds …. Afl is right up there even drawing crowds in Sydney where the culture is to not attend games. I would agree seeing afl live is a much better. Seeing someone take a high specky live is amazingly. My brother likes the closeness of RL and hearing the big hits.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:51 pm
Anyway back to crowds …. Afl is right up there even drawing crowds in Sydney where the culture is to not attend games. I would agree seeing afl live is a much better. Seeing someone take a high specky live is amazingly. My brother likes the closeness of RL and hearing the big hits.
yea those 3000 crowds the midgets draw are amazing hey :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Is that their average? Anyway - I think it is more helpful to look at averages - not one off games or clubs. Especially expansion clubs.

See, this is where you can simply acknowledge that AFL get phenomenally good crowds on average. There is nothing to be lost in this for you - it is simply a fact. so something like... "Yes, the AFL do get good crowds to their games, no doubt about it, even the Swans I'd haver to concede draw a very good crowd. The AFL would have to be worried by the Giant's however and their poor crowds and moreover, the apparent lack of interest in the game".

to which a poster may reply : "Yeah - true, the Giants, despite all their success on the field, don't seem to be getting the traction the AFL I think would have hoped for by now. It is a difficult market but still, they would be lucky to be called niche in Western Sydney".

Then we could move the conversation on to things like expansion, growth, explore playing numbers and weather this is some sign of success for the AFL if not the Giants etc.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:26 pm
Is that their average? Anyway - I think it is more helpful to look at averages - not one off games or clubs. Especially expansion clubs.

See, this is where you can simply acknowledge that AFL get phenomenally good crowds on average. There is nothing to be lost in this for you - it is simply a fact. so something like... "Yes, the AFL do get good crowds to their games, no doubt about it, even the Swans I'd haver to concede draw a very good crowd. The AFL would have to be worried by the Giant's however and their poor crowds and moreover, the apparent lack of interest in the game".

to which a poster may reply : "Yeah - true, the Giants, despite all their success on the field, don't seem to be getting the traction the AFL I think would have hoped for by now. It is a difficult market but still, they would be lucky to be called niche in Western Sydney".

Then we could move the conversation on to things like expansion, growth, explore playing numbers and weather this is some sign of success for the AFL if not the Giants etc.
i'll look at what ever i want to, just like you do

the thuns & midgets have been failures , after 10 years they've contributed nothing to the victorian game & playing numbers are irelevant like soccers are
derps & misses is a soft easy game to play & thats the only reason mummys let little white boy johnny play it
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

yeah the Early years, they had no success and no crowds and tv subs...

AFL pumped and pumped and pumped..
Free handouts free memberships free passes..

now i do not see an issue with free handouts and access to games, i think its good and attempt to build a club..
the problem i have is in the stats and an attempt to prove it is a success they put it in the figures..
which makes it look bigger than it is (alot bigger)

ratings slightly increased with success, as club attendances slightly built.
memberships (do not get me started)

if you think the SUNS are going bad, the Giants have barely made a ANT dent in Western Sydney..

let just say if the Suns had the success of the Giants, it would be triple of everything
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:17 pm

now i do not see an issue with free handouts and access to games, i think its good and attempt to build a club..
the problem i have is in the stats and an attempt to prove it is a success they put it in the figures..

if you think the SUNS are going bad, the Giants have barely made a ANT dent in Western Sydney..

let just say if the Suns had the success of the Giants, it would be triple of everything
theres very few expat sthners in western sydney like there is in SE Qld , so the manufactured success the midgets were handed meant nothing to the 3 Million people west of the ANZAC bridge

generally speaking the victorian game still only resinates with people born & raised in the sthn states of the only nation on earth where its played & they take their obsession with the game where ever they go. It still mainly envokes pure loathing to complete indifference with most other australians despite nearly 40 years of propaganda & countless $$
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

truthbomber wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:15 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:17 pm

theres very few expat sthners in western sydney like there is in SE Qld , so the manufactured success the midgets were handed meant nothing to the 3 Million people west of the ANZAC bridge

generally speaking the victorian game still only resinates with people born & raised in the sthn states of the only nation on earth where its played & they take their obsession with the game where ever they go. It still mainly envokes pure loathing to complete indifference with most other australians despite nearly 40 years of propaganda & countless $$
it also helps with Attendance at Suns games >> with a large portion of the crowd Expats of the other team..
Southerners on the Gold Coast also help with the grassroots..

GWS will have to rely on the Swans entrenching themselves on the North Shore / Northside
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

the swines have made some minor inroads into yawnion territory in the east & lower nth shore

these people were never & will never , be fans of RL
They are indoctrinated against RL when they're young , their snobby superior attitudes continue on generation to generation & are very suited to fumbelball. The Quinten Harris -Archers & Stirling Ferris-Farthingtons who attend Knox , or Grammar who can barely catch a ball in the first place & would high tail it & run the other way at the sight of a westie or big strong polynesian boy , are fumblers in the making

Its yawnion under threat from derps n misses
not RL
These users liked the author truthbomber for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:55 am)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »