$575mill Cash
$75mill Contra.

https://www.afr.com/companies/media-and ... 220-p59j30
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Channel 9 signs $650mill tv Deal

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The game’s three partners, Nine, Fox Sports and Sky TV New Zealand have now all agreed to new partnerships and increased commitments until the end of the 2027 season, with a record total media rights revenue for the game in excess of $400m per annum

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/12/20/nin ... ntil-2027/
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Another area we lead in. :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:49 pm
:hmm:

These users liked the author Beaussie for the post:
pussycat Mark 11 (Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:11 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:16 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:49 pm
:hmm:

Thanks for that Beatup. I see ya flog mate Wookie was having a little hissy fit about the NRL's deal on his Fumble Ball fan site lololololololol!!!!!

Now for the facts: The NRL deal is a little hard to know as the Fox number was never released. Roy Masters in the SMH said it was $300M per year. The 9 + NZ deal is $130M per year. That means $430M per year for the new NRL deal V $475M for the AFL.

However the fumbling goes for 50% longer. And the NRL currently has less players and 2 less teams to finance. By those metrics the NRL is clearly the winner. It gets more money per broadcast minutes. It has more money to spend per player and per club.

It's simple maths beatup. Of course I don't expect you and hissy fitting Wookie to understand this. The fumble ball bubble has got you two under house arrest lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bumsniffers
Reserves
Reserves
Team: The Bumsniffers
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Bumsniffers »

i see you are still a fucking tool.

No one had a hissy fit. Posting information and articles to twitter isnt a hissy fit. And I havent even mentioned the NRL deal on MY site. I dont own twitter. Dumbass.

Masters is wrong. I mean the fact he writes that the 130m deal includes NZ....

Simple maths.

NRL deal 400m pa - numerous sources including NRL.com AND MASTERS OWN ARTICLE
Nine deal 115m pa + 15m contra - numerous sources including a Nine ASX statement literally released yesterday.
SKy deal 33m pa - numerous sources including the Telegraph. Contra not known, but youd hope that the fabled doubling of the NZ deal from 94 to 164m wasnt entirely contra based.

Masters states 400m pa. He says theres a 75m gap in the rights. By process of elimination that leaves Fox paying around 240m pa

The NRL are getting less cash. Less in rights overall. Including NZ. Despite having Origin and Tests and outrating the AFL on Fox and Kayo.

But sure, you win. Its amazing the contextual gymnastics you'll jump at when you want to.

It doesnt matter that the AFL goes 50% longer when it comes to ratings, but it does when it comes to rights, but we should ignore match length when talking about ratings....even though they define the rights process. lolololol
These users liked the author Bumsniffers for the post:
pussycat Mark 11 (Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:11 pm)
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Bumsniffers wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:30 am

No one had a hissy fit. Posting information and articles to twitter isnt a hissy fit. And I havent even mentioned the NRL deal on MY site. I dont own twitter. Dumbass.

Simple maths.

Nine deal 115m pa + 15m contra - numerous sources including a Nine ASX statement literally released yesterday.
SKy deal 33m pa - numerous sources including the Telegraph. Contra not known, but youd hope that the fabled doubling of the NZ deal from 94 to 164m wasnt entirely contra based.

Masters states 400m pa. He says theres a 75m gap in the rights. By process of elimination that leaves Fox paying around 240m pa

The NRL are getting less cash. Less in rights overall. Including NZ. Despite having Origin and Tests and outrating the AFL on Fox and Kayo.

But sure, you win. Its amazing the contextual gymnastics you'll jump at when you want to.

It doesnt matter that the AFL goes 50% longer when it comes to ratings, but it does when it comes to rights, but we should ignore match length when talking about ratings....even though they define the rights process. lolololol
The NRL site, the others too mention more than $2m. with yet more international funds to come. It amazing - fucking amazing how you can be so confident.

Do you have any grounds for thinking the extra from NZ is just Contra - anything at all??? And how much Contra is involved in the AFL's deal with ch.7?

Has the AFL sighned with Fox past 2023?

And the NRL gets the same money from C9, not less as you make out

And trying to make out that the AFL's advantage of having twice the advertising opportunities means little, is a ridiculous argument.

its 1 game vs1 game . Being long winded and boring is not an excuse for your pathetic ratings either!
Last edited by pussycat Mark 11 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:32 pm

Simple maths.

The NRL site, the others too mention more than $2m. with yet more international funds to come. It amazing - fucking amazing how you can be so confident.

Do you have any grounds for thinking the exta from NZ is just Contra - anything at all??? And how much Contra is involved in the AFL's deal with ch.7?

Has the AFL sighned with Fox past 2023?

The poor 'ol Bumsniffing Wookie is just pissing in the wind mate lolololololol!!!!!!!!!! He has again exhibited his fatal flaw...........assuming knowledge he simply does not and can not have. He's just another mug punter with an opinion. In this case a demonstrably wrong opinion.

Sad but true lolololol!!!!!!!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

so with all parties on board with tv rights and digital.
how much did the NRL make more than previous deals in 2015

in which this deal was in fact before fox league and streaming and 17th team.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:11 pm
so with all parties on board with tv rights and digital.
how much did the NRL make more than previous deals in 2015

in which this deal was in fact before fox league and streaming and 17th team.
As we don't know what the Fox deal was it's hard to say. Roy Masters said in the SMH it was $300M. If that's the case the new deal would be an increase of about $500M on the last deal which was $1.8M. That would be a great result in the current environment.

All we know for sure is that it's a substantial increase.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Simple maths.

I'm really sorry to have upset you so painfully bumsniffing Wookie. Unfortunately for you I really don't think you're qualified to to make the comments you do. I mean, have you ever worked in the broadcast industry. Or with a leading Sport in Australia. In any capacty? I think not my dear friend.

If you have I apologise profusely. And please supply a CV of your work. Until then you are just another mug punter with an opinion. In your case a mis-judged opinion. Biased. Subjective. Stupid. Totally wrong. And factually naked.

I think I'll go with the great Roy Masters Wookster. I'm sure he's got all the main players on speed dial.

I sincerely hope this post hasn't overly offended you dear Wookie. I still respect you as a fellow poster. As silly as you can be.

Have a great christmas and tally ho the hunt!!!!!!

I
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

C9 + NZ will equal $162m a year when the new FTA contract begins in 2023.
The AFL will get $147m per year for FTA in 2023.

A difference of $15m a year in the NRL's favour. They keep telling us there the biggest but they keep coming second :rock:

Hizzy Fit time. :thumbleft:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Could you add fox as well into that ? Just want to know the total figure (I get fox is an estimate for nrl)
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:17 am
Could you add fox as well into that ? Just want to know the total figure (I get fox is an estimate for nrl)
Fred, the Fox deal is commercial in confidence. Meaning the figure cannot be released. I suspect this was done because the NRL got much more than the AFL and Fox want to spare Gilty and the boyos the embarrassment.

As such we won't know the total figure unless the Fox number is eventually released. The great Roy Masters said the Fox deal was $300M. The mug punter bumsniffing Wookie guessed it was $238M. It will be much closer to Roys figure than the mug punter. Meaning the total will be well over $400M.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Telstra rights for NRL and AFL are pretty much identical.
around $60mill each