Global Warming, Fact or Fiction?

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Easts
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Global Warming, Fact or Fiction?

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:58 pm
Footy Fan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:15 am Fact.....I’m surprised anyone still questions it.
Probably was warming naturally as it has done in the past, but humans have sped the process up alarmingly.

I first noticed it many years ago when my native plants started flowering earlier every season.
Makes me laugh how so many people from Melbourne have been indoctrinated when they went to school or uni by this fake news called climate change.

I used to believe in it when it was called it global warming as a very young kid. A bit like how I used to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too.

But as I got older I was educated about how much of a load of bull it actually is. When they could not prove the Earth is always warming, they changed the name to climate change. Anything to push the leftist agenda.

The school I went to as a kid is 1 metre above sea level. We were told many times that it will be underwater when the sea levels rise from the ice cap melting.

Guess what. The school and all the Rugby and Soccer fields are still sitting the same 1 metre above sea level 30 plus years later. The water level is still at the same level at the wharf too.

Now anyone with common sense is going to know climate change is bullshit when they see facts like this.

What about all these predictions of endless drought from climate change when we had the bushfires in 2019/20.
Then we get a whole lot of rain in 2020/21.

They can't even get the weather right a week ahead. Let alone decades ahead.

So many of the fake news climate change predictions have never eventuated. Infact pretty much all of them. Do your research people. It is all a con and a massive scam.
I haven’t been to school for a very, very long time. I wasn’t taught, informed, advised or indoctrinated on global warming in any form, wasn’t mentioned. I am seeing it happen, it varies from year to year, but I have no doubt it is getting gradually warmer and have seen no credible evidence to the contrary.

The Arctic ice cap melting will not add to the sea level, because the volume of ice is equal to the volume of water when melted. The ice covering Antartica, Greenland and Canada is a different matter. Currently the Arctic ice is melting at a faster rate than the ice covered land because it has direct contact with the warmer oceans.

It will take more than a century for the sea to rise more than a metre, unless the heat progression increases, but even that 5ha5 will be disastrous for many coastal cities. Fauna and flora will be affected well before that.
Some of the ice sheets are melting and some - the ones the Lefties and greenies dont like to focus on are growing.

In the last 250 years the tide gauge at Fort Dennison has risen 23cm. It was rising at excacty the same rate eighty years before that.

Prediction after prediction is wrong and they just come up with another one. Indoctrinated morons - over to you Greta :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

her child hood has been stolen , and all we can do is laugh :rofl: :(/ :(/

People have never had it so good, We live longer , we have a much higher standard of living, we are growing more and more food on smaller amounts of land every year. Satellite show that the earth has greened by almost 20% in the last 30years - which is plus for food production. More trees and forrests are good for wildlife. Having roof tiles over half the Earths surface , having turbines miles out to sea, isn't good for anyone or anything!
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:41 am)

Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 48 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:38 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:58 pm
Footy Fan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Makes me laugh how so many people from Melbourne have been indoctrinated when they went to school or uni by this fake news called climate change.

I used to believe in it when it was called it global warming as a very young kid. A bit like how I used to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too.

But as I got older I was educated about how much of a load of bull it actually is. When they could not prove the Earth is always warming, they changed the name to climate change. Anything to push the leftist agenda.

The school I went to as a kid is 1 metre above sea level. We were told many times that it will be underwater when the sea levels rise from the ice cap melting.

Guess what. The school and all the Rugby and Soccer fields are still sitting the same 1 metre above sea level 30 plus years later. The water level is still at the same level at the wharf too.

Now anyone with common sense is going to know climate change is bullshit when they see facts like this.

What about all these predictions of endless drought from climate change when we had the bushfires in 2019/20.
Then we get a whole lot of rain in 2020/21.

They can't even get the weather right a week ahead. Let alone decades ahead.

So many of the fake news climate change predictions have never eventuated. Infact pretty much all of them. Do your research people. It is all a con and a massive scam.
I haven’t been to school for a very, very long time. I wasn’t taught, informed, advised or indoctrinated on global warming in any form, wasn’t mentioned. I am seeing it happen, it varies from year to year, but I have no doubt it is getting gradually warmer and have seen no credible evidence to the contrary.

The Arctic ice cap melting will not add to the sea level, because the volume of ice is equal to the volume of water when melted. The ice covering Antartica, Greenland and Canada is a different matter. Currently the Arctic ice is melting at a faster rate than the ice covered land because it has direct contact with the warmer oceans.

It will take more than a century for the sea to rise more than a metre, unless the heat progression increases, but even that 5ha5 will be disastrous for many coastal cities. Fauna and flora will be affected well before that.
Some of the ice sheets are melting and some - the ones the Lefties and greenies dont like to focus on are growing.

In the last 250 years the tide gauge at Fort Dennison has risen 23cm. It was rising at excacty the same rate eighty years before that.

Prediction after prediction is wrong and they just come up with another one. Indoctrinated morons - over to you Greta :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

her child hood has been stolen , and all we can do is laugh :rofl: :(/ :(/

People have never had it so good, We live longer , we have a much higher standard of living, we are growing more and more food on smaller amounts of land every year. Satellite show that the earth has greened by almost 20% in the last 30years - which is plus for food production. More trees and forrests are good for wildlife. Having roof tiles over half the Earths surface , having turbines miles out to sea, isn't good for anyone or anything!
Agree 100% .
Fear/alarmism is a money making business .
Yet for the last 30 years despite the long list of terrible terrible things that were sure to happen .....lol none have .
Reminds me of the religious preachers who preach every few yrs how the world will end ...usually while asking for donations ...
Doesn't happen so they just move the date a few yrs
Rinse repeat
Rinse repeat.

What the climate change lot seem to blatantly ignore is those who preach how coastal areas will be under water etc..go & buy beachfront property.
Lol
Barry just did after preaching at the latest round table jerk off about CC.
Then there's the pics on the net .
Showing the same cliff face in Antartica .
One with snow
One without.
Lol
Those not in the CC cult will ask the question .
Was the snow one taken in Winter & the bare one in Summer. :(/ :(/ .
These users liked the author AFLcrap1 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:31 pm)

LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Team: North Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Slow off season?

There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

:(/ :(/ :(/ This is mass stupidity!

The scarier the Scientists can make it sound the money the Goverments pledge, for the scientist to save us - NO THIS IS NOT A SCAM :(/ :(/ :(/

Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

100 degrees Fahrenheit
The world's longest heatwave was recorded in outback Western Australia in 1923/24. Marble Bar, in between Exmouth and Broome, saw temperatures of over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7°C) for 160 consecutive days.2 Mar 2020

But, But, But................... Fudge, fudge, fudge

"A small town in outback Australia has been “robbed” of a 100-year-old world record due to apparent figure fudging by the Bureau of Meteorology.

The world’s longest heatwave was recorded in outback Western Australia in 1923/24.

Marble Bar, in between Exmouth and Broome, saw temperatures of over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7°C) for 160 consecutive days.

But the Bureau of Meteorology has now adjusted its records, stripping Marble Bar of the record and “cooling history”

RAW very hot day (40C+) annual averages:

1910-1964 112.3
1965-2019 98.7

ACORN 1 very hot day (40C+) annual averages:(fudged data)

1910-1964 93.2
1965-2019 94.5

ACORN 2 very hot day (40C+) annual averages:(very fudged data)

1910-1964 90.7
1965-2019 95.1

Mercury must of reacted differently to heat 100 years ago :(/ :(/ :(/

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Fred »

you got those over past 30 years?

Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

No , its just an article on the web. There plenty of them out there, stories just like this one telling how the past has been cooled to make the present appear hotter.

You can be sure though that if we had had anything like 100 degress farenhiet temperatures for 160 days in a row we would be hearing all about it - constantly from the doomsayers and do good'ers