Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
cooee
Seniors
Seniors
Team: All Brisbane based teams except the Lions
Been liked: 0

Post by cooee »

Worst crowd in the history of the Brisbane Lions. (Too rounded for my liking must be fudging the numbers)

Wasn't introducing the Suns suppose to help AFL in Queensland?

Continuing financial losses each year, membership numbers reducing, little to none corporate support and now this.

Won't be long till they need AFL support to survive.

Should the AFL just cut their losses and merge the Lions and Suns before they have two basket-cases?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sheezus, I had no idea this happened on the weekend! Alarming news for all fans of the AFL! :shock: Especially swannies fans with the new western sydney team flocking in next season. They could end up in the same bin as the lions look to be headed...

I think yes Cooee, they should merge them quick sticks and tell Karmichael Hunt that if he wants to play next season he plays without payment. That should test whether the wank has his heart in the game.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Strong indications are the crowd was actually sub 10K ... but that was far too embarrasing to post

the Thuns have no doubt eaten into the support of the Lions .. & when you consider the Thuns are brand shiny new ... & are awful .... woeful
the support they got this year will drop off like a lead balloon next
& the Lions really can't look forward to any great improvement next year either
so things are gunna get quite ugly next year for AFL in SE Qld

this afflictions next Victim will be Sydney ... the Midgits will erode the support of the Swans no question

& a few years later .. they'll be 2 failing clubs in Australias largest city
& 2 more in SE Qld
all 4 sucking funds out of the AFL like a hoover ... at the expense of the other 14 Clubs ... much to the dissatisfaction of the fans of these clubs .. & rightly so
the AFL has gotten too big for its egotistical britches
dark clouds are forming ... dark indeed :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

The crowd

Just 13,500 fans showed up - the lowest crowd at the Gabba since the Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy Lions merged to start the 1997 season. But it was little surprise with the Lions battling in 15th place and torrential rain drowning Brisbane all day. There was also a 50,000-plus crowd attending the Australia-New Zealand rugby test just 5km away at Suncorp Stadium.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Defau ... &tab=Recap
Meanwhile, for comparision, the last fudged NRL crowd on the Gold Coast.
GOLD COAST TITANS 26
Tries (4): Will Matthews, David Mead, Steve Michaels, Dominique Peyroux
Goals (5): Preston Campbell (5 from 5)

CANBERRA RAIDERS 18
Tries (3): David Milne, David Shillington, Joel Thompson
Goals (3): Jarrod Croker (3 from 3)

Venue: Skilled Park, Robina, Gold Coast (QLD)
Crowd: 10,230
Referee: Tony De Las Heras
Second Referee: Alan Shortall
Halftime score: Gold Coast Titans 12-6

http://www.rleague.com/db/content/95000/95203.php
Oh dear, things look dire for the NRL and Gold Coast Titans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
The crowd

Just 13,500 fans showed up - the lowest crowd at the Gabba since the Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy Lions merged to start the 1997 season. But it was little surprise with the Lions battling in 15th place and torrential rain drowning Brisbane all day. There was also a 50,000-plus crowd attending the Australia-New Zealand rugby test just 5km away at Suncorp Stadium.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Defau ... &tab=Recap
Meanwhile, for comparision, the last fudged NRL crowd on the Gold Coast.
GOLD COAST TITANS 26
Tries (4): Will Matthews, David Mead, Steve Michaels, Dominique Peyroux
Goals (5): Preston Campbell (5 from 5)

CANBERRA RAIDERS 18
Tries (3): David Milne, David Shillington, Joel Thompson
Goals (3): Jarrod Croker (3 from 3)

Venue: Skilled Park, Robina, Gold Coast (QLD)
Crowd: 10,230
Referee: Tony De Las Heras
Second Referee: Alan Shortall
Halftime score: Gold Coast Titans 12-6

http://www.rleague.com/db/content/95000/95203.php
Oh dear, things look dire for the NRL and Gold Coast Titans.
what do Titans crowds have to do with Lions crowds :?

but as you wish

the Thuns will draw about 16K this weekend against whorethorn

the Broncos ..... 52K

ouch 8-[

:\: :\: :\:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Hey you lot are the ones bringing the Suns into the debate. Just pointing out how dire things are on the Gold Coast for the NRL/Titans since the arrival of the AFL/Suns. Should merge the Titans with the Broncos I reckon. The poor Titans are in all sorts of financial problems since the arrival of the AFL/Suns.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Hey you lot are the ones bringing the Suns into the debate. Just pointing out how dire things are on the Gold Coast for the NRL/Titans since the arrival of the AFL/Suns. Should merge the Titans with the Broncos I reckon. The poor Titans are in all sorts of financial problems since the arrival of the AFL/Suns.
the only thing dire is the state of the Lions partly as a consequence of the Suns .... when the newness of the Suns wears off ... next year
they'll be 2 AFL clubs struggling in SE QLD next year .. the only people even slightly interested .. some ex pat ********

the NRL will have in SE QLD a much improved Titans .. & maybe the defending premiers :shock:

oh O spagettio .... :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie why change the topic here?! For crying out loud arent you worried? Or are you so bloody blinded by your hatred of League that you cannot see what looks to be a bloody dire situation for AFL in QLD.

I think honestly, I am more of a supporter of the code -AFL than you are at the moment. At least I can see what is concerning. All you can see is Rugby League, which by the way appears to be well above the AFL in SE QLD. Although it always has been so this is not a concern. What is a concern is the lions and suns falling in a heap, which it looks as though they could if things arent fixed pronto. And then what about Sydney? I for one am thinking of jumping ship to GWS and you would have to have your testicles lodged in your right and left brain to not think thousands of others might do the same.

although i think the AFL has many serious problems it would be a shame to see it gone, or all but, from Sydney and Brisbane in 10 or so years time...

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You lot have been avoiding the proven fudged crowds for the NRL/Gold Coast Titans all year. Talk about blinded to the dire situation of Rugby League on the Gold Coast.

You do realise 3 previous attempts at establishing Rugby League teams on the Gold Coast have all failed miserably too.

Looking at the massive financial problems the Titans continue to have... not to mention the court action being taken by creditors to recover monies still owed, the situation for the NRL in SEQ is diabolical. And to think they are talking about adding another team to the mix from the very same already struggling region. My god, get your house in order first you'd think. #-o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I'm really not bothered by the titans success or failure, never have been, they suck. Either way SE QLD, and the majority of the rest of the state for that matter will still be RL Heartland. So dont go talking that gibberish "get your house in order first" with me.

Fudged crowds is something I also dont care about. What is true is that the Lions got a max of 13,500. This for an AFL game is a real worry because its generally nowhere near as enjoyable to watch on the box. This is the lions worst ever crowd beaussie! And honestly you cant say the suns have had a very successful first season crwods or performance wise. The game looks to be going down up there...do you think Sydney might be next?

And before you go ranting about league again, I think the titans have also had a woeful season crowds and performance wise but this obviously doesnt mean league hasnt got a strong culture of support up there. Now tell us what you think about the lions home crowd beausse you rugby league addict you! Or are you gunna revert to talking about league again and perform what Raider terms your 'twitch twitch' :lol: :wink:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
You lot have been avoiding the proven fudged crowds for the NRL/Gold Coast Titans all year. Talk about blinded to the dire situation of Rugby League on the Gold Coast.

You do realise 3 previous attempts at establishing Rugby League teams on the Gold Coast have all failed miserably too.

Looking at the massive financial problems the Titans continue to have... not to mention the court action being taken by creditors to recover monies still owed, the situation for the NRL in SEQ is diabolical. And to think they are talking about adding another team to the mix from the very same already struggling region. My god, get your house in order first you'd think. #-o
fudging ..... did you see the game at the Gabba on Sat nite
if there were 10K there I'd be surprised ... it was Empty.... hardly a soul
you wanna see fudging ... you wait for the AFL attendances in SE Qld next year

the Titans are doing just fine ... & with onfield success next year will leave the Thuns in their dust in the coming years
the Broncos will be massive as per usual ... & the Bombers will be a breath of fresh air in 2014
poor old boggerball ..... goneskies ... dead set gooooonnnneeeee :wink: