Would the last poster leaving please turn off the lights .

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Would the last poster leaving please turn off the lights .

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:20 am
Beaussie wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:55 pm Here we go again. It honestly feels like we have a thread like this annually from the RL folk in the main.

Moderation is no easy task in a place like our Fight Club and boundaries have been pushed many times I trust you will appreciate by fans of all codes.

I suspect that some of the stuff that has been posted here over the years, is the main issue that turns members and potential new members off being more engaged. For others, it may well just be that ongoing code wars and debates are not of interest to them.

Where deemed appropriate, temporary suspensions have been applied for a member to reassess their posting/behaviour or as mentioned earlier in this thread, a time out to cool off. That is the role of a moderator right? With the exception of a few, no one has ever been permanently banned here. Yes, including you AFLCrap1 and I have told you this many times, whilst actioning the many reported posts you have submitted.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel for the likes of Wookie and Leeroy*NRL* who have both been criticised (unfairly in my mind) for simply doing what is a difficult role of moderating posts in a forum like this.

Can we just get back to talking footy guys?

Yep.............here we go again...............blame the RL folk. What a joke. I'll give ya the tip beatup...........Wookie and you are the problem. And no one has criticised Leeroy. Because he's balanced, sensible and polite. Something you and Jason should take on board.

Good luck!!!
thanks for the kind words :cheers:

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 32 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

the Entire issue which i faced since entering talking footy was the "FIGHT CLUB"

while it good to have some banter in the club..
it can either go to far where it can become to intense for some punters
which effects traffic to site.
let some things fly but becomes quite hard to police

going off topic on threads has been a major issue.

Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Team: North Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

I don’t look at this site much any more.
I got tired of the same arguments being raised over and over again just for, it appears to me, for antagonist reasons.
As I have said a few times, too much playing the man instead of the ball.
Won’t attract or keep posters that way.
There is only 2, maybe 3 posters, that don’t consistently post vitriol in the hope of demeaning somebody.
Pity, because at times, very few unfortunately, some well grounded arguments are forwarded.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:45 pm)

There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:46 pm I don’t look at this site much any more.
I got tired of the same arguments being raised over and over again just for, it appears to me, for antagonist reasons.
There is only 2, maybe 3 posters, that don’t consistently post vitriol in the hope of demeaning somebody.
Pity, because at times, very few unfortunately, some well grounded arguments are forwarded.
Exactly! As I have said many times many posters just go round and round with the same BS every single day, year after year. Very boring. And the vitriol is the fight club. And yep............I give as good as I get. But if Wookie stays away and the joint is moderated correctly the place could be a contender.
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:41 pm)

Lookin back
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Qld
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 0

Post by Lookin back »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:46 pm I don’t look at this site much any more.
Exactly! As I have said many times many posters just go round and round with the same BS every single day, year after year. Very boring. And the vitriol is the fight club. And yep............I give as good as I get. But if Wookie stays away and the joint is moderated correctly the place could be a contender.
Agreed
What’s needed
Is a clear set of rules .
& every poster has to abide by them
Everyone treated the same no matter what sport you follow .
No bullshit ban threats because you just don’t like someone .
& prob one of the biggest issues was going off topic & the same posters never penalised.
You’re a wise man Terry.

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Fred »

If I could throw one “rule” in it would be —— once you’ve made your point let it go. If you catch someone out being wrong point it out … maybe bring it up once more than move on …don’t follow them around from thread to thread bearing a dead horse. Seem this over and over and over. Remember aflcrap … he was famous for it…. Was even pleaded with to stop … to treat the non response of the poster as a win …. Well he is not here anymore thank God but I think that was a real down point.

Personally, I think whatever rules you put in place will not make any difference. I think the premise of the Fighr Club is likely dated. You have basically a ratings thread and threads around whether Afl is growing or not in QLD and NSW. The layer is a no brsiner and the former all comes down to debates around mitigating circumstances - which no one agree on and no one is changing their mind on. It has reached a natural end with no one agreeing and both stating why they are right. In short, for me, it’s done and no point commenting on…. What needs to be said has been said… no one is changing their mind (I suspect the usual suspects will see this as a chance to go around the gold fish bowl once again and by all means do… just do it on the appropriate thread not here).

Another rule… as o have tried making threads in the AFL forum to avoid the childish my sport is better than yours….is that any comments like that be deleted in the non fight club forums.

Veni, vidi, vici
Lookin back
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lookin back »

Remember when Fred broke rule after rule & wasn’t penalised .
Threatening posters with violence .
& continually breaking Wookies rules .
Now there was a problem.
As I stated it is supposed to be rules for all not for some . Yet that’s how Wookie ran the place .
& as for your last hilarious paragraph.

I seem to recall AFlcrap having a debate in the AFL forum with Loler about AFL players & surprise surprise you went in & started the off topic crap & derailed the debate .Surprisingly Wookie saw nothing wrong .

So try not to be a hypocrite when making suggestions .

Hopefully when it occurs in future it will be dealt with .
& maybe he followed a poster around because said poster went from thread to thread repeating the same bullshit over & over .
Rarely if ever backed up any claims
Just an endless loop of the same posts with no substance or source.

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You see. This type of response to a serious post. This is the issue also. We are having a discussion and you, as a new person here, go on like this.

Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Lookin back wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:25 pm Remember when Fred broke rule after rule & wasn’t penalised .
Now there was a problem.
As I stated it is supposed to be rules for all not for some . Yet that’s how Wookie ran the place .

I seem to recall AFlcrap having a debate in the AFL forum with Loler about AFL players & surprise surprise you went in & started the off topic crap & derailed the debate .Surprisingly Wookie saw nothing wrong .

& maybe he followed a poster around because said poster went from thread to thread repeating the same bullshit over & over .
Just an endless loop of the same posts with no substance or source

Hang on. Hang on a minute. What’s going on here??? How long have you been on this forum site?……. You have been here not long yet seem well versed and indeed have some axe to grind …seems strange …. What’s going on here people !!??

Veni, vidi, vici
Lookin back
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lookin back »

Fred wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:19 pm You see. This type of response to a serious post. This is the issue also. We are having a discussion and you, as a new person here, go on like this.
Just highlighting your hypocrisy .if you’re suggesting rules then make sure you’re not the one who continually broke them .
This whole thread is discussing why this forum has just about died .
Will be interesting to see if things change without some posters cough cough having admin ignoring their behaviour while threatening or banning others because he didn’t like them .

It’d be a nice change.

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think you are missing the point. Or maybe that is the issue … each “side” feels the other are responsible for the very thing they are accused of. So me I think the NRL folk go round and round and vice versa.

Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:24 pm
Lookin back wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:25 pm Remember when Fred broke rule after rule & wasn’t penalised .
Now there was a problem.

Just an endless loop of the same posts with no substance or source

Hang on. Hang on a minute. What’s going on here??? How long have you been on this forum site?……. You have been here not long yet seem well versed and indeed have some axe to grind …seems strange …. What’s going on here people !!??

Ohhhhhh…. You are AFLcrap. I see. Can I ask why the different name ?

Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 am I think you are missing the point. Or maybe that is the issue … each “side” feels the other are responsible for the very thing they are accused of. So me I think the NRL folk go round and round and vice versa.
Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'NRL folk go round and round'!!! Hypocrisy thy name is Fred! Just stick to your own advice pal.

And re your point about posters with different names: Very simple...........Wookie has banned so many RL posters they're forced to set up a new account if they want to take part in this shit show. It's really simple.............if Wookie stays away the joint has a chance. If he comes back it's cactus!!!

Lookin back
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lookin back »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 am I think you are missing the point. Or maybe that is the issue … each “side” feels the other are responsible for the very thing they are accused of. So me I think the NRL folk go round and round and vice versa.
Laughable rot
I can show threads where you have broken rules & wookie did nothing .
His bias was beyond anything I’ve ever encountered on a forum .
Then bans posters who highlight his bias . & wow they were RL posters .

Now he’s gone some fair modding should put a stop to the off topic rot you go on with no matter where the thread is .
EDIT just read your post in the finals thread .
Attacking someone who hasn’t posted here for a year .
Off topic once again
You’re forgetting your mate isn’t here anymore to let you get away with this rot
Your Protection is gone & it’s about time .
the rules are for all posters not just the ones on one side of the sporting fence .
Last edited by Lookin back on Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lookin back
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lookin back »

Terry wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:11 am
Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'NRL folk go round and round'!!! Hypocrisy thy name is Fred! Just stick to your own advice pal.

And re your point about posters with different names: Very simple...........Wookie has banned so many RL posters they're forced to set up a new account if they want to take part in this shit show. It's really simple.............if Wookie stays away the joint has a chance. If he comes back it's cactus!!!
🎯🎯🎯🎯