WOW!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: WOW!

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:20 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:49 pm
Now: You seem to have missed the point my friend. Some organisations need to have this as they have failed on these issues in the past.
You, like Pussy have utterly misunderstood the entire point of what the blues are doing from the start of this thread down and everything since has been utter bullshit and deflection.

No NRL club constitution that Im aware of - no professional mens club of any kind that i know - recognises 1) the first nations or 2) the contribution of women - and thats not a surprise since thats not really been a thing until the last decade or so, whatever side of the spectrum you are on. If you find one, Ill stand happily corrected.
Sorry to once again upset you Wooks! Please re-read my previous posts on this and you may understand. Unfortunately you have completely, utterly and comprehensively not understood the point here. Not unusual. Time to move on pal!!!

Have a great night my friend!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:53 am)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:52 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:09 pm
Sorry to once again upset you Wooks! Please re-read my previous posts on this and you may understand. Unfortunately you have completely, utterly and comprehensively not understood the point here. Not unusual. Time to move on pal!!!

Have a great night my friend!!!
No one is upset. No one is ever upset.

1) Ive read your posts, and its clear you still havent understood the point of the article cited in the OP
2) you still bluster on like a fuckwit with no real reasoning that makes any sense relative to the OP, given that the OP itself bears no resemblance to the content and intent of the article it quotes, and your responses to it indicate no further understanding of the subject matter.
3) You have utterly failed to cite any example of another professional sporting club of any kind that is doing what Carlton is asking its members to approve.
Ah Wooks..........your a tryer lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!! You seem to think you are the great arbiter of truth here. Here's a tip..........you ain't lolololol!!!!!

My simple point........which you can't and won't comprehend as it puts your fave sport in a bad light....................is that most sporting clubs do not need to codify anything around women or the indigenous. That's because they have no systemic problems with them.

I mean if ya need any further proof maybe speak to a bloke named Allan Goods. He might have a few tips for ya Wooks. As for Carlton.........good on 'em...............but like all AFL clubs they desperately need to atone for past sins. It was you yourself that said they didn't have an indigenous player till about 1931. That's 26,645 days after the mess was first played. Verse RL........... who had an indigenous player on the very first day the game was played in good 'ol Aussie!!!!!!!! Quite a difference.

And now it looks like you will once again ban me from this glorious site! It's what you do when the going gets tough and truth and facts get in the way. If so I wish you well. And I wish the best to all the RL posters here. And please tell Fred and lllllolller I said Hi!!!!!
Last edited by Beaussie on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reported post acknowledged
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 pm)
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Fred wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:44 pm
This is Pussy not understanding his ratings and metre boxes work all over again lol. You, again, have gone in on a topic and got it all wrong. Three points made pussy. Voting rights has nothing to do with women or First Nation people. At least own you got it wrong like you did with the ratings thing!

The move to officially recognise traditional owners is something that has been having head win for over 10 years now. Every meeting I go to starts with this. I conducted training yesterday and had to lead off with a recognition of traditional owners.
I dont know that I got to much wrong in this case Fred . Its 2021 and 1 AFL is club is amending its law to recognise women and native Australians . And if you, Wookie or anyone could provide evidence not opinion that this type of goes on in RL, then I would be most surprised especially
after reading the line about how it would Bring Carlton into line with most other clubs. So maybe its not all AFL clubs that are behind the times - just some.

As for the boxes Fred ...... get help
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Mate!! You were trying in expanded voting rights to members with the offical acknowledgement of First Nation people and women . You simply got all that wrong. Just like the ratings that you thought were the actual number and not inferences from a sample. At least you owned that and credit to you for that. I would suggest you do the same here and then we can move on to your other point.

On that other point: I think this is Carlton endeavouring to be what they call these days “woke”. And good on them I guess. If other clubs haven’t done it than maybe they should.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Fred I read the headline . I wasnt far out. I think there was a commer in the sentence. But basicly there behind the times.

As for your waffle about ratings :hmm: ive got no idea what your talking about. Is'nt it me who usually has to explain them to you?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

So you got it totally wrong. Your whole rant was about your mistake… about something that never was the case.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Its a confusing headline. going back to my initial post I asked the question 'Am I reading this correctly ? '.

It is the case that Carlton are behind the times even compared with other AFL teams
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:18 pm
Its a confusing headline. going back to my initial post I asked the question 'Am I reading this correctly ? '.
It wasnt confusing at all unless you are a fucking dumbass with no idea what the fuck the article is on about and just looking for something to hang shit on.

You were fucking wrong.
It is the case that Carlton are behind the times even compared with other AFL teams
They arent. No club has this in the constitution - not in the AFL, NRL or any other pro club that Im aware of.
So if Carlton are leading the way in this area why does there current boss say that these changes are long overdue?
“These are changes we believe are well overdue, given the community expectations, and it is just the right thing to do,” LoGiudice said.

“The two biggest points when I say well overdue is recognition of our Indigenous community, so Indigenous recognition in our constitution and gender recognition.
and why does the Herald sun mention that Carlton has major cultural problems?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:57 am
Terry wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:53 am
My simple point........which you can't and won't comprehend as it puts your fave sport in a bad light....................is that most sporting clubs do not need to codify anything around women or the indigenous. That's because they have no systemic problems with them.
Carlton didnt need to any more than any other pro club in the country.
I mean if ya need any further proof maybe speak to a bloke named Allan Goods. He might have a few tips for ya Wooks. As for Carlton.........good on 'em...............but like all AFL clubs they desperately need to atone for past sins. It was you yourself that said they didn't have an indigenous player till about 1931. That's 26,645 days after the mess was first played. Verse RL........... who had an indigenous player on the very first day the game was played in good 'ol Aussie!!!!!!!! Quite a difference.
And the VFL had aboriginal players before your game was even launched here.

well if you believe AFL historians our fucking game is based on the aboriginal game of Marngrook and Tom Wills himself played the fucking game with them
And now it looks like you will once again ban me from this glorious site! It's what you do when the going gets tough and truth and facts get in the way. If so I wish you well. And I wish the best to all the RL posters here. And please tell Fred and lllllolller I said Hi!!!!!
I suggested you might need a fucking rest. I didnt say I would enforce it. And my opinion hasnt changed.

Ah Wooks, you never fail to deliver!!! Unfortunately you've hooked onto another loser pal. The AFL financed a study into the origins of aussie rules by historian Gillian Higgins in 2008. She found there was zero, zilch, naught and nothing to link the game to anything indigenous. She called it a 'Seductive myth'. Another failure pal.

And your repeated dive into the sewer about mental health is not surprising. It's what fools do when they're losing an argument.

Just re-assure you: I'm all good pal!!! And I bear you no ill will Jase!!!! God knows it must be soul destroying having to front up to those slum backpacker joints you work at, day after day, just to pay the bills lololoololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chin up!!!! Hopefully your luck changes soon pal!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:33 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:45 pm
Ah Wooks, you never fail to deliver!!! Unfortunately you've hooked onto another loser pal. The AFL financed a study into the origins of aussie rules by historian Gillian Higgins in 2008. She found there was zero, zilch, naught and nothing to link the game to anything indigenous. She called it a 'Seductive myth'. Another failure pal.
And yet another failure to read between anything that isnt spelt out for you specifically. I dont buy into the Marngrook thing at all.
And your repeated dive into the sewer about mental health is not surprising. It's what fools do when they're losing an argument.
So your repeated calls of people having meltdowns is fucking what exactly
Just re-assure you: I'm all good pal!!! And I bear you no ill will Jase!!!!
I dont really care if you do or not, I bear you considerable ill will, make no mistake.
God knows it must be soul destroying having to front up to those slum backpacker joints you work at, day after day, just to pay the bills lololoololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got to love what you do. And you really dont know fuck all about my job or what it entails.
Chin up!!!! Hopefully your luck changes soon pal!!!!!
Im pretty happy in my job. been at it for 15 years, not really needing anyones approval or otherwise.

Good on ya Wooks lololololol!!!!!!!!! Stay strong my friend!!!!!!!