Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:20 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:12 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:58 pm

The research team - in collaboration with rugby union and league clubs across the United Kingdom

The rugby codes pride themselves on being 'collision' sports. How will they fare when the majority of the collisions are forced from the game?
it is simple,

you put in contract that there is dangers in playing the game
and state what could happen if you continue to play the sport etc etc....

will not stop most players signing even knowing they are aware of the dangers that could follow.

(it is again why the Rugby Codes have low Grassroots and numbers playing the game.
as it is very physical and not all people can play...
has nothing to do with popularity and no interests.
as evidence of CTE mounts you dont think it threatens high contact sports like RL? It's fine to say "play at own risk" but if people see the evidence and refuse the risk they will elect sports with less or no contact. It threatens AFL too, but collisions are not one of the 'attractive' features of our game like they are for yours.
i totally agree with you...

and i am not really playing it down..

it is a HUGE OBSTACLE for the contact codes, codes will never be as ruthless as they once were.
you can already see the physicality and slight changes in the game over the pass few years.

I am just saying, to stop players suing the GAME.

they have to sign a contract to be made aware what they are getting themselves into.

obviously would be a lengthy detailed contract, but it is a must.

if you sign you cannot sue if "anything does happen to you in the future"
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:21 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:22 pm

The research team - in collaboration with rugby union and league clubs across the United Kingdom

The rugby codes pride themselves on being 'collision' sports. How will they fare when the majority of the collisions are forced from the game?

Oh yeah, great point pal. Close 'em down!!! Yep................we're stuffed!! You're right onto this one...........whooshka........Rugby League is dead!!!!

I dunno...............there's a few words I could throw around right about now!!!! Like..........ummmm...............irony...........hypocrite..........kettle.........pot............fool!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe worry about your little mess pal!! There's a lad!!!!!
another valuable post from the forum clown. This is a discussion forum. If you cant or dont want to add to the discussion then piss off somewhere else
Hahahahaha!!!!! The irony in you calling someone a clown is hilarious lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!

Pal, if you want to start a serious discussion about concussion in sport I suggest you start a separate thread for it. Instead of putting it on a RL thread and pretending its only problem for one sport.

It's pretty simple pal, if ya want to be treated seriously act seriously...........not like a.....ummm..........clown!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

it is simple,

will not stop most players signing even knowing they are aware of the dangers that could follow.

(it is again why the Rugby Codes have low Grassroots and numbers playing the game.
as evidence of CTE mounts you dont think it threatens high contact sports like RL? It's fine to say "play at own risk" but if people see the evidence and refuse the risk they will elect sports with less or no contact. It threatens AFL too, but collisions are not one of the 'attractive' features of our game like they are for yours.

Oh, that's great pal. Except for one little fact. Hospital records in Australia show that the sport with the most concussions is AFL. With the Rugby codes just behind. And poor little 'ol soccer isn't far off either!!!

So cut this BS little charade and talk serious ya dill!!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:51 pm

it is simple,

i totally agree with you...

and i am not really playing it down..

it is a HUGE OBSTACLE for the contact codes, codes will never be as ruthless as they once were.
you can already see the physicality and slight changes in the game over the pass few years.

I am just saying, to stop players suing the GAME.

they have to sign a contract to be made aware what they are getting themselves into.

obviously would be a lengthy detailed contract, but it is a must.

if you sign you cannot sue if "anything does happen to you in the future"
Sports and their players are not covered by workcover or other state equivalents because of that reason, the activity is high risk.
A contract inclusion “not to sue” in case of injury would not be legally binding, each states relevant laws would need to be changed to allow an individuals “wrongs” rights revoked. That will not happen.
Now just imagine if rugby league and Australian rules were covered by the workcover schemes, they would and could not exist in their present state.
And that is another reason why the parent bodies will attack and strongly police “dangerous” or negligent action that causes or is likely to cause injury, long term or not.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:54 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:21 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Oh yeah, great point pal. Close 'em down!!! Yep................we're stuffed!! You're right onto this one...........whooshka........Rugby League is dead!!!!

I dunno...............there's a few words I could throw around right about now!!!! Like..........ummmm...............irony...........hypocrite..........kettle.........pot............fool!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe worry about your little mess pal!! There's a lad!!!!!
another valuable post from the forum clown. This is a discussion forum. If you cant or dont want to add to the discussion then piss off somewhere else
Hahahahaha!!!!! The irony in you calling someone a clown is hilarious lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!

Pal, if you want to start a serious discussion about concussion in sport I suggest you start a separate thread for it. Instead of putting it on a RL thread and pretending its only problem for one sport.

It's pretty simple pal, if ya want to be treated seriously act seriously...........not like a.....ummm..........clown!!!!!
who made you forum moderator? Bugger off
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:54 pm

it is simple,

Oh, that's great pal. Except for one little fact. Hospital records in Australia show that the sport with the most concussions is AFL. With the Rugby codes just behind. And poor little 'ol soccer isn't far off either!!!

can you show these records? A few points (if you're willing to actually discuss the topic)
1. From what I've read CTE isnt only caused by concussion, it can result from regular medium impacts to the head.
2. AFL participation numbers are higher. What is the percentage of concussion per professional playing numbers?
3. All contact sports will need to adjust. However, I can see the rugby sports requiring greater change given the focus on "big hits"
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:17 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:54 pm

can you show these records? A few points (if you're willing to actually discuss the topic)
1. From what I've read CTE isnt only caused by concussion, it can result from regular medium impacts to the head.
2. AFL participation numbers are higher. What is the percentage of concussion per professional playing numbers?
3. All contact sports will need to adjust. However, I can see the rugby sports requiring greater change given the focus on "big hits"

Pal,

1. CTE is still a theory. I cite: "cause-and-effect relationship has not yet been demonstrated between CTE and [sports-related concussions] or exposure to contact sport.'

https://www.momsteam.com/alzheimers/cte ... esearchers

It supposedly leads to early on set dementia. In Australia 66% of dementia sufferers are women. The vast majority of them weren't subjected to concussion or impacts to their heads. So you're right the supposed CTE has many many causes. But I repeat: it is not yet proven.

2. The hospitalisation records in Australia re concussions are so close between AFL, RL & RU as to be insignificant per head of participant.
3. Yep. All contact sports will have to adjust. But to think your mess of a sport will be less effected is typical of you're base level partison idocy!!!
4. Grow up!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:26 pm
Pal,

1. CTE is still a theory. I cite: "cause-and-effect relationship has not yet been demonstrated between CTE and [sports-related concussions] or exposure to contact sport.'

It supposedly leads to early on set dementia. In Australia 66% of dementia sufferers are women. The vast majority of them weren't subjected to concussion or impacts to their heads. So you're right the supposed CTE has many many causes. But I repeat: it is not yet proven.
You're backing up your claim with a site called momsteam? A parenting site? OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about an official AIS government site for medical practitioners: https://www.concussioninsport.gov.au/me ... phalopathy

How about peer reviewed publications in respected medical journals, such as: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3795597/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4550089/

This is only the beginning as diagnostic capabilities grow and research booms. Furthermore, CTE isnt just about early onset of demetia. It manifests as progressive deficits in cognition (memory, executive dysfunction), behavior (explosivity, aggression), mood (depression, suicidality), and motor function (parkinsonism), which correlate with the anatomic distribution of brain pathology
2. The hospitalisation records in Australia re concussions are so close between AFL, RL & RU as to be insignificant per head of participant.
provide some evidence then.

3. Yep. All contact sports will have to adjust. But to think your mess of a sport will be less effected is typical of you're base level partison idocy!!!
AFL continues to address head contact with rule changes, most of which are welcomed by their fan base. The sport also targets athleticism and fast ball movement as key features. The NRL has seen massive resistance to this year's rule changes protecting head high contact. The game is routinely promoted as high collision battle.
4. Grow up!!!!!!!
you seem personally offended by discussion and debate :hmm:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:29 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:26 pm
Pal,

You're backing up your claim with a site called momsteam? A parenting site? OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about an official AIS government site for medical practitioners: https://www.concussioninsport.gov.au/me ... phalopathy

How about peer reviewed publications in respected medical journals, such as: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3795597/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4550089/

This is only the beginning as diagnostic capabilities grow and research booms. Furthermore, CTE isnt just about early onset of demetia. It manifests as progressive deficits in cognition (memory, executive dysfunction), behavior (explosivity, aggression), mood (depression, suicidality), and motor function (parkinsonism), which correlate with the anatomic distribution of brain pathology
provide some evidence then.

AFL continues to address head contact with rule changes, most of which are welcomed by their fan base. The sport also targets athleticism and fast ball movement as key features. The NRL has seen massive resistance to this year's rule changes protecting head high contact. The game is routinely promoted as high collision battle.
4. Grow up!!!!!!!
you seem personally offended by discussion and debate :hmm:

Good on ya pal. Ya never change lolololololol!!! You do seem to have this black and white view of these two sports. Fumbling in your view can do no wrong. RL in your view can do no right.

This is exactly what is wrong with your mess. Yep, compliant fools like you. It is how rampant racism exists within it. How coaches can say they won't recruit indigenous kids unless one of their parents are white. Others will only recruit snotty nosed private schoolboy boyos. What a game.

The hierarchy will cover up sexual harassment charges and boast about paying people off to do so. They'll have MOU's with the coppers to hide the ugly festering underbelly of the mess. And you will say nothing. In fact you will clap and cheer your dear leaders!!!!!

And it goes on and on and on. Non questioning naïve dills like you just nod in unison and pat each other on the back about the great god fumble!!!

You my friend are a lost cause. You are incapable of breaking free from the bubble.

But at the issue at hand: lets just say RL is doomed. It will cease to be very very soon. Fumbling will march triumphantly through the land - the pristine sport of the un-questioning,the head nodding fools of the south.

There ya go pal!!! Happy now!!!!

What a dill!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:51 am
Good on ya pal. Ya never change lolololololol!!! You do seem to have this black and white view of these two sports. Fumbling in your view can do no wrong. RL in your view can do no right.
I never said RL was wrong in this argument, I merely stated I believe it will impact RL more than the AFL.
This is exactly what is wrong with your mess. Yep, compliant fools like you. It is how rampant racism exists within it. How coaches can say they won't recruit indigenous kids unless one of their parents are white. Others will only recruit snotty nosed private schoolboy boyos. What a game.
More BS from you. It just dribbles out of your mouth. It was a recruiter who said the comment about one white parent. It was never a rule as shown by recruiting patterns. He was highlighting the need for more support with new recruits. He explained it all at the time yet you flogs continue your lies. The latest comments by the Eagles coach were in response to a cap on football department spending. He was saying it threatened to force clubs to recruit kids who would require less support due to limited resources. Two points: 1. it doesnt target one group or race, 2. It's a warning to the AFL, not a policy
The hierarchy will cover up sexual harassment charges and boast about paying people off to do so.
Which is wrong. Although the victims dont have to take money for their silence. That's up to them.
They'll have MOU's with the coppers to hide the ugly festering underbelly of the mess. And you will say nothing. In fact you will clap and cheer your dear leaders!!!!!
Another brief policy many years ago which was the AFL's attempt to keep the stories out of the media so they could be investigated with clean air. Seems like pretty smart strategy for a business trying to protect it's brand actually.

And it goes on and on and on. Non questioning naïve dills like you just nod in unison and pat each other on the back about the great god fumble!!!
You my friend are a lost cause. You are incapable of breaking free from the bubble.

But at the issue at hand: lets just say RL is doomed. It will cease to be very very soon. Fumbling will march triumphantly through the land - the pristine sport of the un-questioning,the head nodding fools of the south.

What a dill!!!!!
Epic meltdown there Terry. All over the fact I proposed CTE would have a greater impact on RL than AFL. R U OK? Seems like a disproportional reaction to a debate. Lockdown getting to you?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:56 am
Terry wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:51 am
I never said RL was wrong in this argument, I merely stated I believe it will impact RL more than the AFL.
More BS from you. It just dribbles out of your mouth. It was a recruiter who said the comment about one white parent. It was never a rule as shown by recruiting patterns. He was highlighting the need for more support with new recruits. He explained it all at the time yet you flogs continue your lies. The latest comments by the Eagles coach were in response to a cap on football department spending. He was saying it threatened to force clubs to recruit kids who would require less support due to limited resources. Two points: 1. it doesnt target one group or race, 2. It's a warning to the AFL, not a policy
The hierarchy will cover up sexual harassment charges and boast about paying people off to do so.
Which is wrong. Although the victims dont have to take money for their silence. That's up to them.
They'll have MOU's with the coppers to hide the ugly festering underbelly of the mess. And you will say nothing. In fact you will clap and cheer your dear leaders!!!!!
Another brief policy many years ago which was the AFL's attempt to keep the stories out of the media so they could be investigated with clean air. Seems like pretty smart strategy for a business trying to protect it's brand actually.

What a dill!!!!!
Epic meltdown there Terry. All over the fact I proposed CTE would have a greater impact on RL than AFL. R U OK? Seems like a disproportional reaction to a debate. Lockdown getting to you?

Hahahahahaha!!! The 'ol 'meltdown' cry!!!!! Na........the lockdowns fine pal! It gives me more time to call out dills like you. It's good to see you've at least conceded a number of points beautifully articulated by me!!!!

You're slowly getting somewhere near reality.............but still not near enough pal!!!! I will continue to school you in truth, facts and good 'ol common sense until you finally grow up and see the real world around you. I feel like it's my civic duty to teach you poor demented southern fools! And I will continue to do so!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 am

Hahahahahaha!!! The 'ol 'meltdown' cry!!!!! Na........the lockdowns fine pal! It gives me more time to call out dills like you. It's good to see you've at least conceded a number of points beautifully articulated by me!!!!

You're slowly getting somewhere near reality.............but still not near enough pal!!!! I will continue to school you in truth, facts and good 'ol common sense until you finally grow up and see the real world around you. I feel like it's my civic duty to teach you poor demented southern fools! And I will continue to do so!!
Yeah, you got me good with that mom's sports forum reference :(/

TBH, as poor a response as it was, I'm surprised you tried to discuss the topic at all given your usual input on this forum. Well done Terry, a small but important step forward for you
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:14 pm

TBH, as poor a response as it was, I'm surprised you tried to discuss the topic at all given your usual input on this forum. Well done Terry, a small but important step forward for you
Thanks pal. Now if you can just discuss rather than have but but but excuses at every single turn.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:17 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Thanks pal. Now if you can just discuss rather than have but but but excuses at every single turn.
or maybe you can see a contrary view as part of a debate, not an excuse :wave:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

rugby league has always had issues..

this is just another one to add to the pile.