Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:33 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:55 pm

Good point. The AFL folk here are too thick to realise RL and RU have multiple tiers of their sport. Unlike their mess which has only the domestic game. They will discount an international game because their game has nothing to compare it with. It's one of those excuses they use when the other excuses aren't working!!!!
They'll discount it because grand finals, national teams and origin are theatre events - people watching out of patriotic duty or curiousity, and then the next day they go about their business like nothing happened. As such true popularity not reflected in regular season - its why the socceroos will rate 2 million for a world cup game and the next weekthe aleague will rate 11,000. Its why Origin rates 2.7m, but come the weekend, will rate 700l. Its why the Wallabies will rate 800k, but Super teams rate less than 100k. You fucking know this.
Yeah I do. But the point is RL and RU have multiple tiers of their sport that generate massive tv numbers, crowds, sponsors etc etc. Your mob dismisses it out of hand. Most of which is jealousy plain and simple.

The point is they exist. They generate big numbers. And should be treated with respect.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

You still can’t compare rating me for two Melbourne teams to Australia v Framcs in Sydney. Maybe if Sydney were playing? Or maybe a super rugby game v an afl game.

Didn’t the swans out rate super rugby final in Sydney ?
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Pippen1994 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:56 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:25 pm
Pippen1994 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Highest level of rugby are wallabies who play numerous matches throughout year.
Highest level of afl is afl.
One rates in Sydney the other doesn't - don't blame me
The highest level of the AFL is AFL finals. In Sydney the ratings were 413k for the AFL GF last year despite 2 Melbourne values playing.

On your bike pal
Wallabies played 14 games in 2019. You guys once replayed a grand final but c'mon...
they're the national team yet get outrated by a non-Sydney AFL GF in Sydney!

Go RU :lol:
Pippen1994
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Parra
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pippen1994 »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:55 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:25 pm

The highest level of the AFL is AFL finals. In Sydney the ratings were 413k for the AFL GF last year despite 2 Melbourne values playing.

On your bike pal
Wallabies played 14 games in 2019. You guys once replayed a grand final but c'mon...

Fact two melbourne teams did that shows it's the event & not support for local clubs which get attention. When was last time swans got 100k FTA here??
Niche sport at best
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:48 pm
You still can’t compare rating me for two Melbourne teams to Australia v Framcs in Sydney. Maybe if Sydney were playing? Or maybe a super rugby game v an afl game.

Didn’t the swans out rate super rugby final in Sydney ?
Is that right Fred? So if two programs are on at the same time but one was made in America and the other in Australia does that mean you can't compare them?? What about Sydney made programs v Melbourne ones? Not allowed to compare. What about different genres? No good Fred? That's what you're saying here.

It's like this pal: if two programs are on at the same time they get compared. It doesn't matter about country of origin or where the actors were born. It doesn't matter if it's a sport v reality TV. If they're on at the same time they get compared.

Its that simple Freddo!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Pippen1994 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:17 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Fact two melbourne teams did that shows it's the event & not support for local clubs which get attention. When was last time swans got 100k FTA here??
Niche sport at best

Whilst it is a bit hard to read …. I thought it was a Sydney Swans game that beat the Super Rugby Grand Final ? Not two Melbourne teams . But it was a while ago so?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:41 pm
Pippen1994 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:36 pm

How does international series vs Ireland go?! Must be ratings bonanza
No one has ever claimed the international series to be anything like the others.

Note: I didnt like you on Bigfooty and ill be even less tolerant here of your bullshit.
That's great Wookie. But he has a point. Your argument is the AFL's so called internationals have never claimed to be like the others. Total BS pal. The AFL and you included used to pump up international AFL deluxe. We all remember those lame Roar AFL international propaganda pieces you wrote about the game exploding in places like in Kazakhstan lolololololololol!!!!! And Gilty saying there would be a team in NZ in the future. Total failures.

Your mess would love an international presence. You ain't got it so you diss every other sport that has got it. You need to pull your head in Wookie. If you have any power here just block Pippen for telling the truth. And me too. I mean you've blocked me multiple times before or truth telling. You could turn this site into a dick pulling AFL site. Bewwweddddifffoooollllllll!!!!!

All you wankers in the one place lololololololol!!!!!

Oh, and have a great day loolooloololololololol!!!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:40 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Does anyone know what the Swans V GWS got on Fox. It appears they weren't in the top 20 shows for the day. The No. 20 spot had 87k viewers so it was obviously lower than that. Which is ummm.......yeah........laughably low!!!

I see Ch7 got 64k for Sydneys AFL afternoon slot. I presume some or all of that was the Swans game.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Does anyone know what the Swans V GWS got on Fox. It appears they weren't in the top 20 shows for the day. The No. 20 spot had 87k viewers so it was obviously lower than that. Which is ummm.......yeah........laughably low!!!

I see Ch7 got 64k for Sydneys AFL afternoon slot. I presume some or all of that was the Swans game.
Ummm… for some reason reported for Saturday.

LIVE: AFL GWS V SYDNEY FOX FOOTY 180,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/07/saturd ... -2021.html
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Are you sure this is right beatup????? That report was put out on the morning of the 18th July. The Swans played at 6.10pm on the 18th. How would they know the numbers for a game that hadn't been played yet????
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Beaussie wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Are you sure this is right beatup????? That report was put out on the morning of the 18th July. The Swans played at 6.10pm on the 18th. How would they know the numbers for a game that hadn't been played yet????
Not sure. Giants vs Swans was originally scheduled for Saturday so maybe figures reported for Sunday and Saturday are coded/reported the wrong way round. Perhaps Wookie can shed some light?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:52 pm
Giants v Swans was the ratings in Sydney - its actually wrong on my twitter feed. No other game was shown in Sydney on the Sunday.
It's the Fox ratings I was questioning.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:46 am
Terry wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:52 pm
Giants v Swans was the ratings in Sydney - its actually wrong on my twitter feed. No other game was shown in Sydney on the Sunday.
It's the Fox ratings I was questioning.
Sundays fox ratings are a little squirrely, theres an AFL mini game in there thats not coded properly, but Giants/Swans probably didnt make the cutoff.
That's what I thought. But then beatup pointed out a Swans V GWS game was listed in the Saturday numbers at 180k. Which I thought was kinda impossible as those numbers came out Sunday morning before the game was played???????

https://tvblackbox.com.au/ratingsdataba ... 36ac03d428
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:35 pm
According to Mediaweek

Seven Saturday night
#AFLDeesHawks 578,000 (Metro 427,000 Regional 151,000)

Fox Footy

#AFLSaintsPower 180,000
#AFLSunsDogs 186,000
#AFLDeesHawks 168,000
Ok. So it seems TV Blackbox stuffed up their numbers and teams playing on Saturday. Safe to assume then Swans v GWS didn't make the cut-off for Sunday. Which I think was around 80k.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:31 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:53 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:35 pm
According to Mediaweek

Seven Saturday night
#AFLDeesHawks 578,000 (Metro 427,000 Regional 151,000)

Fox Footy

#AFLSaintsPower 180,000
#AFLSunsDogs 186,000
#AFLDeesHawks 168,000
Ok. So it seems TV Blackbox stuffed up their numbers and teams playing on Saturday. Safe to assume then Swans v GWS didn't make the cut-off for Sunday. Which I think was around 80k.
Its actually fucked in the oztam release - mediaspy shows the same figures blackbox did, as does the Oztam auto generated info i get sent every morning.

Mediaweek have a higher level of subscription and probably queried it or received an update the rest of us didnt

Ok. So can we safely assume the Swans V GWS game on Sunday didn't make the top 20? Or was there a correction put out and it actually did??