Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:53 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:42 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:54 pm
I can't see a logical reason why lockdown would advantage the AFL more then the NRL. In fact one weekend involved Brisbane and Sydney in lockdown. The AFL only ever had Melbourne in lockdown
You should know by now that but but but excuses are only okay for when the nrl do poorly but same said excuses do not apply to the afl. If they afl do well it’s because this or that…. Yet when the nrl fail to do well under the same circumstances, for some reason, the same logic doesn’t apply lol. No point trying to point this out as the people you continually argue with don’t want to know … cognitive dissonance I believe.
the facts are facts Freddy,

AFL saw a huge rise When HARD LOCKDOWN was In Melbourne.
There is nothing magical about it, no but but's nothing it was Big Margin in the rise..

Sydney while at the beginning is only seeing a slight rise in figures for lockdown..
and could increase once HARD LOCKDOWN comes into effect...

So why aren’t Sydneysiders tuning in to the nrl in lockdown I wonder?


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:27 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:53 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:42 pm

You should know by now that but but but excuses are only okay for when the nrl do poorly but same said excuses do not apply to the afl. If they afl do well it’s because this or that…. Yet when the nrl fail to do well under the same circumstances, for some reason, the same logic doesn’t apply lol. No point trying to point this out as the people you continually argue with don’t want to know … cognitive dissonance I believe.
the facts are facts Freddy,

AFL saw a huge rise When HARD LOCKDOWN was In Melbourne.
There is nothing magical about it, no but but's nothing it was Big Margin in the rise..

Sydney while at the beginning is only seeing a slight rise in figures for lockdown..
and could increase once HARD LOCKDOWN comes into effect...

So why aren’t Sydneysiders tuning in to the nrl in lockdown I wonder?
lol

they are, just not in the numbers Melbournians tuned into there's (FTA and FOX are up)

but there a differences as in scheduling and i expect Sydney numbers to climb abit more with Hard Lockdown commencing and tougher restrictions.

Melbourne had home orders by 8pm, this has not occurred in Sydney yet.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Do you think - and being serious now - that given the AFL get .. what say 1 million a round in crowds that at least some of these people who would go to the game would have set top ratings boxes and thus be home watching - causing ratings to go up? Lets take this to be true... bear with me (or is it bare - always get this homophone mixed up) - then it would fit with the NRL going up a little and AFL up a more - given respective crowd sizes for each code traditionally.

Discuss:


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 am Do you think - and being serious now - that given the AFL get .. what say 1 million a round in crowds that at least some of these people who would go to the game would have set top ratings boxes and thus be home watching - causing ratings to go up? Lets take this to be true... bear with me (or is it bare - always get this homophone mixed up) - then it would fit with the NRL going up a little and AFL up a more - given respective crowd sizes for each code traditionally.

Discuss:
Fred AFL do not get 1 million in crowds per round.

the AFL get like 6.5mill to 7mill in crowds for the SEASON :lol: :lol: (classic)

yes there is some meaning to it, but in saying the crowd average is only double the NRL's 16k to 32k
so over each game it is not a huge lot in tv Viewers.


pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Ratings poor but AFL even more pathetic than usual.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON NRL LIVE Nine metro 317,000 (regionals?)
SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL Seven metro 308,000 (regionals?)

NRL: SHARKS V WARRIORS 151,000
AFL RICHMOND V COLLINGWOOD 139,000
AFL WESTERN BULLDOGS V SYDNEY 128,000
AFL GWS V GOLD COAST 88,000

People really seemed to be flocking to that Gold Coast Game :wink:


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:37 am
Fred wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 am Do you think - and being serious now - that given the AFL get .. what say 1 million a round in crowds that at least some of these people who would go to the game would have set top ratings boxes and thus be home watching - causing ratings to go up? Lets take this to be true... bear with me (or is it bare - always get this homophone mixed up) - then it would fit with the NRL going up a little and AFL up a more - given respective crowd sizes for each code traditionally.

Discuss:
Fred AFL do not get 1 million in crowds per round.

the AFL get like 6.5mill to 7mill in crowds for the SEASON :lol: :lol: (classic)

yes there is some meaning to it, but in saying the crowd average is only double the NRL's 16k to 32k
so over each game it is not a huge lot in tv Viewers.
Fair enough - was just saying - lets say... but point taken. Wasn't an actual figure.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm)


Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:27 am Ratings poor but AFL even more pathetic than usual.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON NRL LIVE Nine metro 317,000 (regionals?)
SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL Seven metro 308,000 (regionals?)

NRL: SHARKS V WARRIORS 151,000
AFL RICHMOND V COLLINGWOOD 139,000
AFL WESTERN BULLDOGS V SYDNEY 128,000
AFL GWS V GOLD COAST 88,000

People really seemed to be flocking to that Gold Coast Game :wink:
Two non traditional markets - in GWS and Gold Coast - with low supporter bases understandably. Was a great game though.

The AFL really need to stop playing games overlapping or at the same time also. Which one was shown on FTA for Bulldogs V Sydney and Richmond V Collingwood? Both good games to watch and good finishes. I am guessing Sydney game shown into Sydney - and Richmond Collingwood shown into other areas??? I'm sure the there would be more people willing to watch both games across all markets - I'm sure showing Richmond and Collingwood into Sydney would rate okay for Sydney and then they could show the Swan's game later. Win win, but the AFL keep scheduling games against one another. I am sure this will be changed next week.

Plus, a Monday game this week? Surely there was no need for overlap? At least not these two games anyway. I think that Saturday afternoon is the graveyard for rating apparently so avoiding this as much as possible - but!

Thursday Night : 1 game

Friday 1 Game.

Saturday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 - 6:00

7:00 to 10:00

Sunday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 to 6:00

7:00 to 10:00 (put it on Mate across the country if they have to).


Also, a floating fixture I think - divide the season in 4 I heard - best teams earn Friday night across each quarter.


Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:40 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:27 am Ratings poor but AFL even more pathetic than usual.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON NRL LIVE Nine metro 317,000 (regionals?)
SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL Seven metro 308,000 (regionals?)

NRL: SHARKS V WARRIORS 151,000
AFL RICHMOND V COLLINGWOOD 139,000
AFL WESTERN BULLDOGS V SYDNEY 128,000
AFL GWS V GOLD COAST 88,000

People really seemed to be flocking to that Gold Coast Game :wink:
Two non traditional markets - in GWS and Gold Coast - with low supporter bases understandably. Was a great game though.

The AFL really need to stop playing games overlapping or at the same time also. Which one was shown on FTA for Bulldogs V Sydney and Richmond V Collingwood? Both good games to watch and good finishes. I am guessing Sydney game shown into Sydney - and Richmond Collingwood shown into other areas??? I'm sure the there would be more people willing to watch both games across all markets - I'm sure showing Richmond and Collingwood into Sydney would rate okay for Sydney and then they could show the Swan's game later. Win win, but the AFL keep scheduling games against one another. I am sure this will be changed next week.

Plus, a Monday game this week? Surely there was no need for overlap? At least not these two games anyway. I think that Saturday afternoon is the graveyard for rating apparently so avoiding this as much as possible - but!

Thursday Night : 1 game

Friday 1 Game.

Saturday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 - 6:00

7:00 to 10:00

Sunday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 to 6:00

7:00 to 10:00 (put it on Mate across the country if they have to).


Also, a floating fixture I think - divide the season in 4 I heard - best teams earn Friday night across each quarter.
No games overlapped yesteday Fred and the numbers wern't much better. You are making as many excuses as LOL's.
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:48 am)


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:52 am
Fred wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:40 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:27 am Ratings poor but AFL even more pathetic than usual.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON NRL LIVE Nine metro 317,000 (regionals?)
SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL Seven metro 308,000 (regionals?)

NRL: SHARKS V WARRIORS 151,000
AFL RICHMOND V COLLINGWOOD 139,000
AFL WESTERN BULLDOGS V SYDNEY 128,000
AFL GWS V GOLD COAST 88,000

People really seemed to be flocking to that Gold Coast Game :wink:
Two non traditional markets - in GWS and Gold Coast - with low supporter bases understandably. Was a great game though.

The AFL really need to stop playing games overlapping or at the same time also. Which one was shown on FTA for Bulldogs V Sydney and Richmond V Collingwood? Both good games to watch and good finishes. I am guessing Sydney game shown into Sydney - and Richmond Collingwood shown into other areas??? I'm sure the there would be more people willing to watch both games across all markets - I'm sure showing Richmond and Collingwood into Sydney would rate okay for Sydney and then they could show the Swan's game later. Win win, but the AFL keep scheduling games against one another. I am sure this will be changed next week.

Plus, a Monday game this week? Surely there was no need for overlap? At least not these two games anyway. I think that Saturday afternoon is the graveyard for rating apparently so avoiding this as much as possible - but!

Thursday Night : 1 game

Friday 1 Game.

Saturday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 - 6:00

7:00 to 10:00

Sunday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 to 6:00

7:00 to 10:00 (put it on Mate across the country if they have to).


Also, a floating fixture I think - divide the season in 4 I heard - best teams earn Friday night across each quarter.
No games overlapped yesteday Fred and the numbers wern't much better. You are making as many excuses as LOL's.
According to the afl the Pies tigers game was 4pm and the Swans Bulldogs game was 3.20pm.

The Suns Giants started at 1230


pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:52 am
Fred wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:40 am

Two non traditional markets - in GWS and Gold Coast - with low supporter bases understandably. Was a great game though.

The AFL really need to stop playing games overlapping or at the same time also. Which one was shown on FTA for Bulldogs V Sydney and Richmond V Collingwood? Both good games to watch and good finishes. I am guessing Sydney game shown into Sydney - and Richmond Collingwood shown into other areas??? I'm sure the there would be more people willing to watch both games across all markets - I'm sure showing Richmond and Collingwood into Sydney would rate okay for Sydney and then they could show the Swan's game later. Win win, but the AFL keep scheduling games against one another. I am sure this will be changed next week.

Plus, a Monday game this week? Surely there was no need for overlap? At least not these two games anyway. I think that Saturday afternoon is the graveyard for rating apparently so avoiding this as much as possible - but!

Thursday Night : 1 game

Friday 1 Game.

Saturday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 - 6:00

7:00 to 10:00

Sunday

12:00 to 3:00

3:00 to 6:00

7:00 to 10:00 (put it on Mate across the country if they have to).


Also, a floating fixture I think - divide the season in 4 I heard - best teams earn Friday night across each quarter.
No games overlapped yesteday Fred and the numbers wern't much better. You are making as many excuses as LOL's.
According to the afl the Pies tigers game was 4pm and the Swans Bulldogs game was 3.20pm.

The Suns Giants started at 1230
Yesterday - meaning the day before those Sunday numbers came out. Sorry if that created confusion.

As for your 12.30 whinge, you will need to discuss that with Fred because under his plan hes got 12'O'clock starts. So whats it going to be Earlier starts or overlapping matches with extra FTA thrown in. C'mon make the decision, or whinge away :(/ :(/ :(/


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Come On LOL, Gils waiting on you to make the call!

Your the man - you cant just sit there and whinge , make the decision.


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm Come On LOL, Gils waiting on you to make the call!

Your the man - you cant just sit there and whinge , make the decision.
Don't be a dick. A 12.30 game will rate lower than later arvo or prime time. If it involves 2 new expansion clubs it'll rate even lower. The AFL and fox would be fully aware of the ramifications, yet still got more cash anyway


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:04 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm Come On LOL, Gils waiting on you to make the call!

Your the man - you cant just sit there and whinge , make the decision.
Don't be a dick. A 12.30 game will rate lower than later arvo or prime time. If it involves 2 new expansion clubs it'll rate even lower. The AFL and fox would be fully aware of the ramifications, yet still got more cash anyway
what would be interesting is if AFL had the same advertising slots as NRL..
how much would AFL receive than...

I think the AFL would be in for a shock :shock:

yes 12pm start times are not a good rating timeslot.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Well yes, for FTA - agree, Hence why the NRL will go to quarters - one day. Just makes sense. Especially with this 6 again rule and all the so called injuries they are saying it is causing.

Interesting, on another note, heard to NRL guy on the radio stating why the NRL teams from Sydney would be going to QLD and not Vic - stating there is no way they could take on the countries sporting behemoth of the AFL in its own territory. Didn't seem to stop the AFL going to QLD last year.


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:28 pm Well yes, for FTA - agree, Hence why the NRL will go to quarters - one day. Just makes sense. Especially with this 6 again rule and all the so called injuries they are saying it is causing.

Interesting, on another note, heard to NRL guy on the radio stating why the NRL teams from Sydney would be going to QLD and not Vic - stating there is no way they could take on the countries sporting behemoth of the AFL in its own territory. Didn't seem to stop the AFL going to QLD last year.
yeah maybe could see the NRL going to 4 quarters in years to come, cannot rule out anything these days..

LOL ok this is a good one..

Why would NRL go to Melbourne ?? when QLD is setup and ready to cater NRL clubs and games with grounds and everything
the Whole state of Victoria has 1 rectangle ground.
and the Victorian Government would of most likely not aloud the clubs to attend the state.. HARD BORDER IS SHUT!

Next thing it would be like AFL going to Sydney and being the BEHEMOTH OF NRL in its own territory.

AFL went to QLD cause it was the safest option and only state allowing them to play.

yes they ended up in QLD.. but by DEFAULT as they kept there season ALIVE!


If AFL could of chosen they would of ended up in SA OR PERTH but they were knocked back..


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests