Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:56 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:46 pm

That's interesting Wook! First of all I never go 'mental' over anything. Ever. Cool, calm, facts, research and truths are me.
Then you can stop telling people they are having meltdowns you hypocritical jackass.
And I don't quite get what you mean about 'pull this shit with the AFL'. Each governing body does a deal and gets the money. RA gets it for 5 teams in Australia. And the amount they got was about equal to the amount the NRL gets for broadcasting into NZ where the Kiwi's have only one team. So that is what I was comparing. The AFL didn't come into the conversation.

Having said that RA used to get a proportional amount of $$ from Sanzaar but since the refiguration of their comp I'm not sure exactly if they still do this.
but RA teams are part of a competition shared with NZ, even though NZ rights are separately negotiated. If we tried to exclude NZ from NRL calculations on the same basis league fans would go bananas - but what with rights being based on the competition, not the sporting body in any given country - then its only fair that super rugbys NZ rights come into the equation.

Gee Wooks, me telling your fumbling mates to calm down and look at the facts is not hypocritical my friend. As you are well aware, sometimes robust language is used here. I'm the least of the offenders in that respect, yourself included.

As far as TV rights: I was comparing in Australia. And in any case your mob refuse to acknowledge NZ Tv ratings for the NRL. I know and appreciate you used to tally them when you were allowed. Your fumbling mates went nuts and struck 'em out. And still do. Hypocrisy??????? Hmmmmmm!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:11 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:35 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:26 pm
Gee Wooks, me telling your fumbling mates to calm down and look at the facts is not hypocritical my friend. As you are well aware, sometimes robust language is used here. I'm the least of the offenders in that respect, yourself included.
Fight club not a fucking nursery. You get to to accuse other people who disagree with you of having a meltdown, they get to do the same.
As far as TV rights: I was comparing in Australia. And in any case your mob refuse to acknowledge NZ Tv ratings for the NRL. I know and appreciate you used to tally them when you were allowed. Your fumbling mates went nuts and struck 'em out. And still do. Hypocrisy??????? Hmmmmmm!!!!!!
No Im sorry, thats just bullshit. If we compare ratings only in Australia we get crucified. You cant do the same for tv rights and not expect mockery. Hypocrisy thy name is Terry.

Gee Wooks, you're way over the top here pal!!!! I really don't know what ya problem is. I suspect your trying to protect ya fumbling mates here. There is not a chance in hell what I say or how I say it is worse, or for that matter better, than any of them. Yourself included.

Have a great day!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 am
Terry wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:54 am

Gee Wooks, you're way over the top here pal!!!! I really don't know what ya problem is. I suspect your trying to protect ya fumbling mates here. There is not a chance in hell what I say or how I say it is worse, or for that matter better, than any of them. Yourself included.

Have a great day!!!!

try not to have a meltdown there terry

Thanks Wooks, I'll do my best! Same to you lolololol!!!!!!!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

i understood what Terry was stating..

Rugby Union receive in funds for there competitions
local state and national
which involves NZ Teams and Internationals.

$30mill approx.

NRL Receive for having involvement with NZ (1 Team)
receive around the same amount..

Terry was putting into perspective how low the Union figure is
When NRL can get that amount in NZ alone.
These users liked the author leeroy*NRL* for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:58 pm

local state and national

$30mill approx.

I was just pointing out that RA has got 5 teams and gets the same $$$$ in Australia as the NRL gets out of NZ where they only have 1 team. I dunno why the Wookster went off!!! The AFL wasn't even mentioned. And the point I made was a benign straight out fact!!! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 pm)
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:19 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:58 pm

local state and national

$30mill approx.

I was just pointing out that RA has got 5 teams and gets the same $$$$ in Australia as the NRL gets out of NZ where they only have 1 team. I dunno why the Wookster went off!!! The AFL wasn't even mentioned. And the point I made was a benign straight out fact!!! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
lol yeah i know, i got ya straight away..

lets just let this slip, wookie provides us with alot of detailed info.. he may have been tired.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Several NARL clubs have begun playing friendlies, with the Atlanta Rhinos leading the charge.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

There is no information on the planned series of games between Toronto and Aces.
Toronto did appoint a new coach recently.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Leading the way in CTE. As evidence mounts both rugby codes might be forced to rethink their rules or be sued to oblivion.

Half of elite adult rugby players have shown an unexpected reduction in brain volume and almost a quarter display abnormalities in brain structure, according to new research.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/rugby-u ... 1626919662
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:39 pm
Leading the way in CTE. As evidence mounts both rugby codes might be forced to rethink their rules or be sued to oblivion.

Half of elite adult rugby players have shown an unexpected reduction in brain volume and almost a quarter display abnormalities in brain structure, according to new research.
Gee pal, this is kinda base stupidity on your part. Why would you put this in a RL thread?? The study was conducted in the UK by Rugby people. And its a well known fact all contact sports have this problem.

I mean, your mess has blokes lining up to sue the AFL as much, or more, than RL or RU players. Plain dumb pal! But I'm sure that if you don't like this explanation you'll have plenty more excuses in ya back pocket!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 pm

Gee pal, this is kinda base stupidity on your part. Why would you put this in a RL thread?? The study was conducted in the UK by Rugby people. And its a well known fact all contact sports have this problem.

I mean, your mess has blokes lining up to sue the AFL as much, or more, than RL or RU players. Plain dumb pal! But I'm sure that if you don't like this explanation you'll have plenty more excuses in ya back pocket!!!!
The research team - in collaboration with rugby union and league clubs across the United Kingdom

The rugby codes pride themselves on being 'collision' sports. How will they fare when the majority of the collisions are forced from the game?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:58 pm

The research team - in collaboration with rugby union and league clubs across the United Kingdom

The rugby codes pride themselves on being 'collision' sports. How will they fare when the majority of the collisions are forced from the game?

Oh yeah, great point pal. Close 'em down!!! Yep................we're stuffed!! You're right onto this one...........whooshka........Rugby League is dead!!!!

I dunno...............there's a few words I could throw around right about now!!!! Like..........ummmm...............irony...........hypocrite..........kettle.........pot............fool!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe worry about your little mess pal!! There's a lad!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

it is simple,

you put in contract that there is dangers in playing the game
and state what could happen if you continue to play the sport etc etc....

will not stop most players signing even knowing they are aware of the dangers that could follow.

(it is again why the Rugby Codes have low Grassroots and numbers playing the game.
as it is very physical and not all people can play...
has nothing to do with popularity and no interests.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:12 pm

it is simple,

you put in contract that there is dangers in playing the game
and state what could happen if you continue to play the sport etc etc....

will not stop most players signing even knowing they are aware of the dangers that could follow.

(it is again why the Rugby Codes have low Grassroots and numbers playing the game.
as it is very physical and not all people can play...
has nothing to do with popularity and no interests.
as evidence of CTE mounts you dont think it threatens high contact sports like RL? It's fine to say "play at own risk" but if people see the evidence and refuse the risk they will elect sports with less or no contact. It threatens AFL too, but collisions are not one of the 'attractive' features of our game like they are for yours.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Oh yeah, great point pal. Close 'em down!!! Yep................we're stuffed!! You're right onto this one...........whooshka........Rugby League is dead!!!!

I dunno...............there's a few words I could throw around right about now!!!! Like..........ummmm...............irony...........hypocrite..........kettle.........pot............fool!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe worry about your little mess pal!! There's a lad!!!!!
another valuable post from the forum clown. This is a discussion forum. If you cant or dont want to add to the discussion then piss off somewhere else