Re: Coronavirus - where your sport stands at this point

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by Fred »

Coronavirus Australia: Deputy chief medical officer addresses prospect of NRL island
Australia's deputy chief medical officer has warned the NRL it cannot operate as "a law unto themselves" over a plan to restart the game as early as May 28 and he's not impressed with sports' fans dream of a virus-free NRL island.
The bespectacled epidemiologist who is one of the masterminds behind Australia's successful coronavirus response, Professor Paul Kelly admitted on Good Friday that his "mind boggles" at the prospect of quarantining players and staff on an NRL island as some have proposed, in Queensland.
“It sounds like a reality show they might continue it on, not just the playing, but what happens for the rest of the week, the mind boggles,'' he said in Canberra.

You better have a chat yo all these people Terry and set them straight lol. I think if you call them “pal” you may be more effective :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:51 pm
Coronavirus Australia: Deputy chief medical officer addresses prospect of NRL island
Australia's deputy chief medical officer has warned the NRL it cannot operate as "a law unto themselves" over a plan to restart the game as early as May 28 and he's not impressed with sports' fans dream of a virus-free NRL island.
The bespectacled epidemiologist who is one of the masterminds behind Australia's successful coronavirus response, Professor Paul Kelly admitted on Good Friday that his "mind boggles" at the prospect of quarantining players and staff on an NRL island as some have proposed, in Queensland.
“It sounds like a reality show they might continue it on, not just the playing, but what happens for the rest of the week, the mind boggles,'' he said in Canberra.

You better have a chat yo all these people Terry and set them straight lol. I think if you call them “pal” you may be more effective :)
Calm down Frederico!!!!!! You seem to be going on some sort of hyped up ranting fest. Deep breaths pal.

All will be revealed. No problems only solutions. 7 weeks till the aimed re-start of our great comp. Plenty of time my friend. You won't understand of course.

Now please check in with Mrs Fred or Mamma Fred!! Spend some time with them. Forget your never ending battle with Australia's most watched sport. You won't win. You can't win. It's easter pal. Put down ya weapons and relax with the fam. There's a good Frederico!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

PVL seems to be doing plenty behind the scenes .
He was reputed to have many many contacts high up in Media ..TV..etc .
Seems it's starting to pay off .
Ch 9 you can fuck off ..

Channel Seven reaches out to NRL about potential broadcast partnership
Michael ChammasApril 15, 2020 — 11.57pm

Channel Seven, the home of AFL, has reached out to the NRL about the potential of acquiring rugby league content in the future as Channel Nine looks to offload one of its three free-to-air matches.

The news comes as Nine boss Hugh Marks prepares to meet with Foxtel CEO Patrick Delany and ARLC chairman Peter V’landys on Thursday to renegotiate the broadcast deal for 2020 and determine when and how the season will resume.

[​IMG]
Seven chief executive James Warburton.James Alcock

The Herald has also been told by sources with knowledge of discussions that Fox Sports will not surrender its simulcast arrangement with Nine, the publisher of this masthead, nor does it intend to scrap the Friday 6pm game, as Nine is hoping.

On the eve of the crucial broadcast meeting, the NRL’s negotiating power has been significantly strengthened with revelations Channel Seven has expressed interest in the rights of the sport.

Seven West Media boss James Warburton, who didn’t return calls on Wednesday, has a close long-time relationship with NRL boss Todd Greenberg and is monitoring the code’s broadcast squabble as Seven positions itself as a potential partner should the NRL need to seek an alternative free-to-air broadcaster.

Uncertainty around the AFL, in combination with the postponement of the Tokyo Olympic Games, the cancellation of Wimbledon and the prospect of India not being able to tour Australia for the summer of cricket, could leave Seven with some funds to make a play at rugby league.

Rugby league icon Phil Gould has discussed plans to relaunch the NRL in late May, plus criticism from an old foe.

NRL matches are included on the Australian anti-siphoning list and there are currently three matches on free-to-air TV. That could mean there will be pressure on the NRL to ensure there is at least the same number of free-to-air matches going forward, which opens the door for Seven, despite its poor financial position.

Channel Seven’s AFL ratings in NSW and Queensland remain unimpressive, although NRL content would provide a much-needed boost to its eastern seaboard markets.

At a crucial meeting between the current broadcast partners and the NRL on Thursday at V’landys’ Racing NSW offices, Nine is expected to outline its desire for exclusive games and a willingness to part ways with the Thursday night game. It also wants exclusive games on Friday and Sunday.

It is expected Fox Sports will not agree to sacrificing the entire collection of weekly matches, basing its subscription service around an ‘‘every game, live and ad-free’’ sell.

Agreeing to hand Nine exclusivity would rob Fox Sports of the best games of the round, with the free-to-air network given first preference on matches.

Nine also want to discuss the removal of the Friday 6pm game, which Fox broadcasts against the free-to-air network’s news.

Channel Nine has experienced a decline in the Friday 8pm game ratings, something Fox Sports is well aware of and unwilling to compromise given the number of viewers who stay with Fox from the first to second Friday night game.

Nine’s preference, largely in a bid to bank the $130 million saving it announced to the stock exchange last week, would be for the NRL to wait until crowds are allowed back before the season resumes – even if it means no rugby league until 2021.

That won’t cut it with the NRL or Fox Sports, who are desperate to return as soon as possible to ensure the financial viability of the respective organisations.

It’s anticipated Nine’s tactic will be to stall. Prolong discussions for as long as possible to ensure there is less content to pay for.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ch...a ... 54k5t.html
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

FOX would be stupid to surrender its 8 games per week.

Channel 9 sold its simulcasting of its 3 games to FOX in 2017

It is there stuff up!

(BEST OUTCOME NRL say get F%$@ED channel 9

welcome aboard channel 10 and channel 7 as our FTA broadcasters along with FOX>
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep
Don't know of anyone who likes the 9 broadcast.
They've lost cricket .so losing RL will be a catastrophic blow
Lol
Whoever at 9 thought it was a good idea to come out in the media & attack the NRL is probably a bit worried now
The plan seems to be moving into territory they probably didn't expect .
Lol

They have seen leaders roll over continiously in the past .
They've probably u derestimated PVL .
He's taking the fight to them .
Interesting times ahead.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

As predicted.... this corona virus and the clusterfuck surrounding the release of a resume date (which I’m all for) and how it was managed has shone a light on the inept within the nrl administration and we see the first clean out. I think V’landys is the man for the job. He has had to step in and has fixed the initial mess... that didn’t need to be a mess... now has stepped back and cleaning up those who made the unnecessary mess. He doesn’t seem to suffer fools gladly. No manager at his level should be having to get in and sort such things out ... that’s why you employ people with the skill set to do the job. His job is to make sure the machine is oiled and running smoothly . This is the first step to fixing the machine ... or replacing it whole heartedly. The AFL should be concerned as they now appear to have someone at the NRL who can run a company and takes no prisoners and this real competition. Sit back and enjoy the show people as this is going to get interesting ... lots of people having been screwing the nrl for a long time ... is it about to end... I think it may.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Just read this and seems to align with my own thoughts

https://apple.news/AEdZTVJKxSJaLT4a5HCsX4g

Particularly liked

ARLC Chairman Mr Peter V’landys AM said: “The role of Chief Executive of the NRL is one of the most challenging and difficult roles in Australian sport, with a diversity of passionate stakeholders.

And

it’s a chance to wipe the slate clean,” he said. “I do hear that there is going to be a major restructure of the NRL and Peter V’landys will be behind that and this is a major step in this direction.”
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

With all the Vic teams in QLD and NSW (2 in WA) will this add to the media coverage the AFL gets in those states?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm
With all the Vic teams in QLD and NSW (2 in WA) will this add to the media coverage the AFL gets in those states?
i would say most certainly. especially in QLD with 3 QLD sides near the bottom.

Besides the huge costs involved in doing hubs and relocation.

its a win for Media and tv viewers in the northern states.
to what degree we shall see.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

In the words of Salt N' Pepper - here we, he we go, here we go again.

Gold Coast and south east QLD in lockdown - fortunately I'm not impacted too much and is only for 3 days - but Suns and Lions have taken off to Victoria - Thursday night game is no longer at Metricon - and still not sure when it will be.

How has it impacted the Rugby League? Storm are on Sunshine Coast which is also in lockdown - are they heading home? And what of Brisbane?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:56 pm
In the words of Salt N' Pepper - here we, he we go, here we go again.

Gold Coast and south east QLD in lockdown - fortunately I'm not impacted too much and is only for 3 days - but Suns and Lions have taken off to Victoria - Thursday night game is no longer at Metricon - and still not sure when it will be.

How has it impacted the Rugby League? Storm are on Sunshine Coast which is also in lockdown - are they heading home? And what of Brisbane?
Storm have returned to Melbourne, but are back in Newcastle playing the roosters.

NSW Games this week will be played with no crowds.

QLD games are undecided..

it is a day by day thing..

remarkable that all 18 AFL teams are in Melbourne, with all games.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NRL games set down for today cancelled - This will allow the AFL to safe some face :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think the nrl games are back on today in Brisbane but no crowds.

Gold Coast will play Melbourne in Melbourne today now.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Get vaccinated people !!!!
Veni, vidi, vici