Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

If the All mighty NFL Lost $4 Billion Dollars the past 12 months..

what made them think they could pull this off
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:46 am
i would not say you told us so...

I believe i said,

Who would start are a New Competition of a code, across 2 countries

during a pandemic, and everything is unknown

with no crowds....

right there and than, it had disaster written all over it.

the only thing they were good at was Logo's of the teams, they were quite good.
And I believe I said a bit earlier than you.

Post by Quolls2019 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:48 pm

Not convinced of the leagues viability, but I could be wrong. A couple of teams are from the usarl and a couple of teams might be in direct competition by location with teams in that amateur league.

And several more on the viability after that, however no big deal.

The yanks are incredibly good at marketing a concept and one part is the creation of logos.
Do a search of the multitude of failed football teams of all codes over the the last 10 years, great logos no substance behind them.

I would be surprised to see the NARL back next year in a professional form, perhaps at best amateur.
It would not surprise me if a couple of the established clubs go back to the USARL.

Where this leaves the Canadian clubs is interesting.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

From the wolfpack site

2021 Season Update
07/06/2021 by admin

NARL have today confirmed that the 2021 season will not take place as planned however Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that the Canada Cup will still be played as planned and we look forward to playing in the east coast division in 2022.

We have Exciting announcements coming over the next two weeks and appreciate as always the patience and support from our fans.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 pm
From the wolfpack site

2021 Season Update
07/06/2021 by admin

NARL have today confirmed that the 2021 season will not take place as planned however Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that the Canada Cup will still be played as planned and we look forward to playing in the east coast division in 2022.

We have Exciting announcements coming over the next two weeks and appreciate as always the patience and support from our fans.
I always expected there to be some Professional Clubs and Amateur clubs.. in an overall comp.

I still believe Canada should be targeting a Canadian League
and America should be doing there own League

Logistically costs are too huge.
However pushing back date may give them a better chance.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

ARL, Sky New Zealand agree to long-term TV deal

Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Wed 23 Jun 2021, 09:00 AM

Share on social media

Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Reddit
Share via Email

State of Origin fixtures and a selection of premium NRL matches will be available on free-to-air TV in New Zealand for the first time in a new broadcast rights deal between the ARL Commission and Sky New Zealand.

As part of the deal that will extend to the end of 2027, selected games during Anzac Round and Magic Round will be available on free-to-air television.

The deal ensures all NRL Telstra Premiership and NRLW games will be broadcast live in New Zealand.

The enhanced agreement involves a new level of collaboration with both the ARLC and Sky NZ working closely alongside New Zealand Rugby League to co-invest in initiatives to grow rugby league.

League fans in New Zealand and highlights Sky NZ’s ongoing commitment to growing our game," he said.

"It ensures every premiership and NRLW game will continue to be broadcast live, along with the finals series and State of Origin.

"Sky’s increased commitment for the duration of this deal will assist in expanding our reach in New Zealand, including coverage of our emerging development competitions.

"There’s around one million Kiwis who follow rugby league and partnerships like this play a vital role in growing our fan base and ensuring even more coverage of one of the world’s most entertaining and exciting competitions.

This deal highlights the importance of the New Zealand Warriors
NRL CEO Andrew Abdo

"We have some of the best athletes in the world and a growing number of those players are from New Zealand.

"This deal also highlights the importance of the New Zealand Warriors. Despite the Warriors not having played in Auckland for over a year, Sky were committed to not only extending their deal, but significantly broadening it."

Sky New Zealand Chief Executive Sophie Moloney said the partnership was more than a broadcast deal.

"Through our partnership we have committed to working even more closely with NRL and NZRL to grow the game of Rugby League in New Zealand, like the roadshow we have on this weekend in Christchurch with the Warriors and NZRL," she said.

"We’ll do everything we can to attract and develop the next generation of league fans and players from grassroots to high performance. It’s this which is vital to the future of the game.

"We also commit to making some important matches available free-to-access. That way we can ensure as many Kiwis as possible can enjoy the wonderful game of rugby league."
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

this is BRILLIANT..

FTA IS HUGE!!

Apparently TV Deal was 70% Bigger than last TV Deal.. with SKY SPORTS>

and we know who owns SKY SPORTS>> NEWS LIMITED>

And NEWS LIMITED SIGNED A 6 year DEAL<> last year.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:50 pm
this is BRILLIANT..

FTA IS HUGE!!

Great news. No wonder the fumblers here go into meltdown when RL folk talk about NZ ratings. Where we actually have a team. Great deal. Well done Andrew Abdo.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:22 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:50 pm
this is BRILLIANT..

FTA IS HUGE!!

Great news. No wonder the fumblers here go into meltdown when RL folk talk about NZ ratings. Where we actually have a team. Great deal. Well done Andrew Abdo.
Yep great deal,
Population of New Zealand is 4.9million
who will get FTA GAMES and extended coverage. outside of SKY SPORTS

yet alone NZ provides the NRL with 25% of playing stocks. (THAT IS HUGE)

it is a crucial market to the NRL in Many ways..
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The NRL has a new $160 million war chest to launch an all-out assault on the New Zealand All Blacks as a result of a monster new television deal. A 70 per cent TV increase for NZ rights - from $94m to more than $160m over five years

WOW
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Just WoW :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:00 pm
The NRL has a new $160 million war chest to launch an all-out assault on the New Zealand All Blacks as a result of a monster new television deal. A 70 per cent TV increase for NZ rights - from $94m to more than $160m over five years

WOW
So the NRL with one club in NZ gets $32M per year for this new deal. Rugby Australia got $100M over 3 years on Ch9 & Stan for 5 teams. Or $33M per year. Goes to show where Rugby Union currently sits! Great deal for RL though!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:34 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:00 pm

WOW
So the NRL with one club in NZ gets $32M per year for this new deal. Rugby Australia got $100M over 3 years on Ch9 & Stan for 5 teams. Or $33M per year. Goes to show where Rugby Union currently sits! Great deal for RL though!!!
yep when you look at it that way, it is an outstanding deal.
I wonder what an Extra NZ Team would do to that Deal.

Also alot of the big games are beamed into NZ around the 10pm kick off time.
could only imagen what the TV DEAL could get if timeslots were more better.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:41 am
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:34 pm
Well yes and no, Rugby Australias deal only covers rights for Rugby in Australia, not Rugby rights in NZ, whereas the NRL has the rights for both Australia and NZ. For this to be a fairer comparison you need to get the NZ rights to Rugby Union, these are reported at NZ$400m (AU$373m) over 5 years or AU$74.6m pa

NRL NZ - 32m per year.
The deal ensures all NRL Telstra Premiership and NRLW games will be broadcast live in New Zealand...along with the finals series and State of Origin and all the NZRL-run matches involving the Kiwis and the Kiwi Ferns rugby league teams.
ref: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/sky ... GTXO224KY/

Rugby NZ - 74.6m per year
The broadcast rights include exclusive coverage of all New Zealand's international Test matches from the annual Rugby Championship, tours of Europe and visiting Northern Hemisphere sides, as well as the Super Rugby club season. The deal also covers all of New Zealand’s other domestic competitions, including the Mitre 10 Cup and women’s competitions such as the Farah Palmer Cup.
ref - https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/all ... ights-deal

Thanks Wook, I'm well aware of this. I was actually comparing the money going to the controlling bodies in Australia from their respective TV deals. None of the money NZ Rugby gets goes to Aus Rugby. Whereas as all the money from the NZ RL deal goes to the ARL commission.

Big difference in pure financial terms.
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 pm)
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

also that sum for NZ RUGBY has had a big whack taken out of it, due to many games not being played.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:31 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Thanks Wook, I'm well aware of this. I was actually comparing the money going to the controlling bodies in Australia from their respective TV deals. None of the money NZ Rugby gets goes to Aus Rugby. Whereas as all the money from the NZ RL deal goes to the ARL commission.

Big difference in pure financial terms.
If we tried to pull this shit with the AFL youd fucking go mental.

That's interesting Wook! First of all I never go 'mental' over anything. Ever. Cool, calm, facts, research and truths are me.

And I don't quite get what you mean about 'pull this shit with the AFL'. Each governing body does a deal and gets the money. RA gets it for 5 teams in Australia. And the amount they got was about equal to the amount the NRL gets for broadcasting into NZ where the Kiwi's have only one team. So that is what I was comparing. The AFL didn't come into the conversation.

Having said that RA used to get a proportional amount of $$ from Sanzaar but since the refiguration of their comp I'm not sure exactly if they still do this.
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:11 pm)