Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:47 am
NRL
STORM V WESTS TIGERS FOX LEAGUE 273,000
DRAGONS V RAIDERS FOX LEAGUE 259,000
KNIGHTS V WARRIORS FOX LEAGUE 172,000
AFL

3 games shown in complete isolation........ But,But, But :(/ :(/ :(/ :rock:

1st NORTH MELBOURNE V BRISBANE FOX FOOTY 175,000 :(/
2nd GWS V CARLTON FOX FOOTY 153,000 :(/ :(/
3rd GOLD COAST V PORT ADELAIDE FOX FOOTY 111,000 :(/ :(/ :(/

Some Great isolation figuires this week LOL... But, But, But :rock:
Wouldn’t that be expected on fox? As pointed out fox should rate more as that is the main way to watch Rl. Same for afl on fta… of course afl rate higher as those filling Rl are more likely to watch on fox. The whole debate is mute.
Last edited by Fred on Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:05 pm
NRL
AFL

Wouldn’t that be exiected on fox? As pointed out fox should rate more as that is the main way to watch Rl. Same for afl on fta… of course afl rate higher as those filling Rl are more likely to watch on fox. The whole debate is mute.
You on the booze Fred? Translation please???
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NRL
AFL

Wouldn’t that be exiected on fox? As pointed out fox should rate more as that is the main way to watch Rl. Same for afl on fta… of course afl rate higher as those filling Rl are more likely to watch on fox. The whole debate is mute.
If AFL fans arent as keen to fork out for PTV so they can watch more matches, and have a greater choice in what matches they watch than its hardly a mute point Fred. Rather it gives a much more accurate indication of what sport is more popular! :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:38 pm
NRL
AFL

If AFL fans arent as keen to fork out for PTV so they can watch more matches, and have a greater choice in what matches they watch than its hardly a mute point Fred. Rather it gives a much more accurate indication of what sport is more popular! :cheers:
the one with triple the members, over double the attendances, and the highest rating game week after week?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NRL
AFL

That would be true if most games were not on fta. As most games are on fta then I could see why people in afl states would not purchase fox.

But regardless, for whatever reason it is that afl fans subscribe less to fox than Rl fans… the point still stands. If you have a ratio of day 2:1 in subscriptions than of course nrl games will rate higher. It means nothing to say Rl rates higher. I’ll also posit it means little that afl rates higher on most afl games given more viewers for nrl will watch on fox.

Really, this whole debate is all but dead and buried for all but code war trolls.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

One of the AFLs few exclusive games on fox yesterday rated 242k in the afternoon, beating both NRL games.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:10 pm

That would be true if most games were not on fta. As most games are on fta then I could see why people in afl states would not purchase fox.

But regardless, for whatever reason it is that afl fans subscribe less to fox than Rl fans… the point still stands. If you have a ratio of day 2:1 in subscriptions than of course nrl games will rate higher. It means nothing to say Rl rates higher. I’ll also posit it means little that afl rates higher on most afl games given more viewers for nrl will watch on fox.

Really, this whole debate is all but dead and buried for all but code war trolls.

Fred the last time you bought this up(last week i believe), it was pointed out to you that the AFL has about 4 FTA matches in its 9 games, while the NRL have about 3 FTA matches in its 7.5 games each week. (NZ PTV viewers not included) So the % isnt too far apart yet the PTV subscritions, Kayo subscriptions are :rock: :rock: :rock:
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Lookin back (Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 pm)
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:45 am
One of the AFLs few exclusive games on fox yesterday rated 242k in the afternoon, beating both NRL games.
Yes I seen that and now i'm convinced that you've been right all along :roll:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:15 am
Fred wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Fred the last time you bought this up(last week i believe), it was pointed out to you that the AFL has about 4 FTA matches in its 9 games, while the NRL have about 3 FTA matches in its 7.5 games each week. (NZ PTV viewers not included) So the % isnt too far apart yet the PTV subscritions, Kayo subscriptions are :rock: :rock: :rock:

OMG - I know I shouldn't but the fact is Fox has more NRL subscribers - therefore they will rate higher usually on Fox - not really a revelation. You really needing to be adding the two together - (although I believe there are statistical issues with this) as a rough guide. That way you are getting all viewers who want to watch the game possibly watching. If the subscribers for fox were evenly split than (well not even really than) you could say which code supporters tuned in more. And this whole 7.5 games - seriously, this would have to be the stupidest thing I have heard. I know what you are trying to say - but trust me, it is just not correct and very poor maths at best.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

The point is Fred, why exactly are more NRL fans choosing to buy a Foxtel subsciption($200 a season)????? The ratio of FTA to PTV is about the same in both codes. Try to restrict your waffling in your answer.
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Lookin back (Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 pm)
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Firstly, who is paying 200 a season for foxtel?

Secondly, are you telling me there is the same amount of NRL subscribers as AFL subscribers - or that in NSW Fox does not have a higher subscription base?

Listen, I'm okay if you want to add them all together FTA and FOX - and use the total figure - that's fair enough I guess as if the AFL are going to put games up against each other that's just the way it is. But at least you are adding in all figures. If you just want to compare Fox rating (why I do not know) that is fine too - just limited your inferences to fox ratings and to the people who subscribe to Fox - so, on FOX more subscribers tune in to RL than they do AFL... that type of thing. There is really no more you can say inferentially. If it doesn't matter to you that there are significantly more NRL subscribers to Fox than AFL subscribers --- well that's fine if that's what you want to do. At the end of the day - doesn't really matter what views you take from it or don't

Now here's the kicker. What does it matter if, say, RL rates higher on TV/platforms than AFL. Who cares. What does it mean if I think AFL is more popular or you think RL is more popular ? I mean really, what does it mean - will your life change, will my life change - No it will not. Not that ratings really determine which is more popular but 1 measure possibly of it. But at the end of the day if RL is the least popular of all the codes, or afl or soccer - what does it matter to you or to I.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:26 pm
Firstly, who is paying 200 a season for foxtel?

Secondly, are you telling me there is the same amount of NRL subscribers as AFL subscribers - or that in NSW Fox does not have a higher subscription base?

Listen, I'm okay if you want to add them all together FTA and FOX - and use the total figure - that's fair enough I guess as if the AFL are going to put games up against each other that's just the way it is. But at least you are adding in all figures. If you just want to compare Fox rating (why I do not know) that is fine too - just limited your inferences to fox ratings and to the people who subscribe to Fox - so, on FOX more subscribers tune in to RL than they do AFL... that type of thing. There is really no more you can say inferentially. If it doesn't matter to you that there are significantly more NRL subscribers to Fox than AFL subscribers --- well that's fine if that's what you want to do. At the end of the day - doesn't really matter what views you take from it or don't

Now here's the kicker. What does it matter if, say, RL rates higher on TV/platforms than AFL. Who cares. What does it mean if I think AFL is more popular or you think RL is more popular ? I mean really, what does it mean - will your life change, will my life change - No it will not. Not that ratings really determine which is more popular but 1 measure possibly of it. But at the end of the day if RL is the least popular of all the codes, or afl or soccer - what does it matter to you or to I.
1.Anyone who owns a foxtel set top box! Thats who!

And 2. no im not telling you that Fred. The NRL the has decidedly more. Hence there domination

Fred it matters because this is the Fight club , maybe your in the wrong thread?.

And I don't think Rugby League is more popular, I know Rugby League is more popular!

Only some games have got FTA not all.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Sure. If that’s what you think than go for it.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:58 pm

And I don't think Rugby League is more popular, I know Rugby League is more popular!
Yet the AFL always gets a bigger tv deal from FTA and Foxtel. Go figure eh. :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

SEVEN’S AFL: THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Seven Network 582,000 31,000 297,000 107,000 75,000 71,000

107k watched the lions on TV in Brisbane, and 29k were at the ground on a Thursday night. That's a heck of a lot of Victorian expats hey Dave?

That's like the storm getting FTA ratings of 250k in Melbourne and a crowd of 70k.