Next Collingwood Coach

Australian Football news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Next Collingwood Coach

Post by Fred »

Lots of talk about who could or should be the next coach of Collingwood. A lot of journalists are talking about Ross Lyons!! I could not stand if he came into coach - he really has done little but take excellent lists and not delivered - Saint Kilda has so many number 1 draft picks that my monkey's uncle could have coached them to a Grand Final appearance. But it is the loyalty thing where he just up and left St Kilda to go to Fremantle. I think he is a big NO.

I quite like the idea of Sam Mitchel - a young up and coming coach who is reported to have his finger on the pulse and will coach senior football sooner or later. I feel with Collingwood's young list a young coach like him could grow with the team - would be quite a journey in growth for all I think. The other option is Mark Williams - quite like his style - he is aggressive and would be like an elder statesman type coach that you look up to and dare not cross - he does not much around but has coached to a grand final prior and captained Collingwood previously. Would also be interesting in the whole Port Adelaide (for which he and his father were part of) Collingwood thing going on with Port Adelaide Power trying to bring in their SANFL side colours to the AFL. He has been a vocal opponent of this given he took Port Adelaide (AFL side) to a Grand Final win and thinks the jumper they won that is their jumper in the AFL should be honoured. So that would put a twist on things - aside from that I think he has the skills and talent to be a good coach at Collingwood.

Thoughts:
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Re: Next Collingwood Coach

Post by Fred »

Seems there are many wanting to throw their hat into the ring for coach. But would you want to coach given the board instability ?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

if the money is there, why not. $$$
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Whilst money is always important - I don't think that isi the major issue for an experienced coach
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:47 pm
Whilst money is always important - I don't think that isi the major issue for an experienced coach
don't count on it..

coaches follow the money..
and Collingwood has money and facilities to be top 4 club with some little fixes.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Would be true if there wasn’t big opportunities for money elsewhere... these guys are largely on good coin. If you’re younger... you don’t want to tarnish your future either... if your an older coach.. do you want the stress.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:15 pm
Would be true if there wasn’t big opportunities for money elsewhere... these guys are largely on good coin. If you’re younger... you don’t want to tarnish your future either... if your an older coach.. do you want the stress.
i do not get what the stress is about, Collingwood past 10 years have mainly been a good side and in the top 8
boardroom disruptions will be fixed.
must be the Victorian Media Overplaying it..
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:37 pm
i do not get what the stress is about, Collingwood past 10 years have mainly been a good side and in the top 8
Yep. 100% correct. The poor 'ol bubble dwellers know no other way. They're brainwashed from birth about the great God Fumble. I mean there's only a little thing like a 100+ year pandemic going on but hey................"what's wrong with the Pies".....all over the bubble media.

Incredible!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I actually think Buckley has coached well. They have had some very close games with top sides. Lost to Brisbane by a point. Had Geelong on the ropes at one stage, port as well.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:48 pm
I actually think Buckley has coached well. They have had some very close games with top sides. Lost to Brisbane by a point. Had Geelong on the ropes at one stage, port as well.
yep, don't see an issue.. for the Pies..

Unlike the Broncos lol now wow that is a sight and half..

that would be the equivalent of Collingwood sacking there board.
and being pumped by 70-100 each game every game for 2 years.

now that is a news story.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:48 pm
BUMP BUMP

lol see freddy nothing to worry about :lol:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Good game last night. High pressure and intensity. Best game this year I think.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:44 pm
Good game last night. High pressure and intensity. Best game this year I think.
Can’t stand the Pies but gees, they were great last night.

SCG will be pumping next Sunday arvo.