Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:41 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:36 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm

they are higher in my calculations .. by 33%
& if sides lost out in the FTA scheduling like a lot of NRL sides do , the networks like big rating sides in prime time forcing fans to STV to compensate , then you would lose FTA ratings as a trade off just like the NRL has.
nope
that table is about right

in apples for apples taking out all the advantages & disadvantages
the NRL probably still wins & RL certainly wins :cool:
1. Adelaide v crows yesterday was exclusive to fox except for Adelaide. It rated 280k despite being on at 4.30pm and featuring 15th v 16th.

2. Yesterday and TH/FR games show our isolated games rate not that much less than the NRL's. It wouldnt be 33%

3. your hypothetical is based on your guesses. Actual evidence is available in yesterday's ratings results
thats one game

one

the 300K average is for the entire season
198 games & like i said
if you want that number to go up

your FTA comes down

suck it up bub
you're 2nd :cool:
actually, if we lost 50k from FTA to fox we'd be up genius. There are 9 fox games a week v your hypothetical 3 FTA games a week. 150k FTA loss v 450k fox gain :\:
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:43 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:37 pm

how can you have any rankings in rnd 1 ? :shock:

8-[

:hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
it's based on the ladder positions right now. Fucked if I'm going to check ladder positions after every rnd
hahaha
well why bother then putting up that load of tripe :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:46 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:36 pm

1. Adelaide v crows yesterday was exclusive to fox except for Adelaide. It rated 280k despite being on at 4.30pm and featuring 15th v 16th.

2. Yesterday and TH/FR games show our isolated games rate not that much less than the NRL's. It wouldnt be 33%

3. your hypothetical is based on your guesses. Actual evidence is available in yesterday's ratings results
thats one game

one

198 games & like i said

your FTA comes down

suck it up bub
actually, if we lost 50k from FTA to fox we'd be up genius. There are 9 fox games a week v your hypothetical 3 FTA games a week. 150k FTA loss v 450k fox gain :\:
if i accept that my figures are wrong

which they aren't

silver

enjoy :cool:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:54 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:43 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:37 pm

how can you have any rankings in rnd 1 ? :shock:

8-[

:hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
it's based on the ladder positions right now. Fucked if I'm going to check ladder positions after every rnd
hahaha
well why bother then putting up that load of tripe :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1. at least I put up some objective data. Your claim is based on your opinion only, and quite frankly is complete garbage. Yes, the broncos have featured regularly in your schedule, but so have your well-performing clubs. We have also shown poor-performing clubs in prime time regularly, such as the pies, saints and blues, plus some well-performing clubs.

2. it's probably perfectly relevant after the first few rounds once fans begin to see the performance patterns of each side. For the rounds prior to that most fans will tune in hoping their team will have a good year
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:58 pm

thats one game

one

198 games & like i said

your FTA comes down

suck it up bub

which they aren't

silver

your figures are your opinion. They are based on a scenario we havent seen so we havent got a clue how many AFL fans would pick up fox/kayo due to limited exposure on FTA. They are also based on the NRL getting more FTA games because they have more rounds.

So no, your data isnt worth the pixels on the screen
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:41 pm

which they aren't

silver

your figures are your opinion. They are based on a scenario we havent seen so we havent got a clue how many AFL fans would pick up fox/kayo due to limited exposure on FTA. They are also based on the NRL getting more FTA games because they have more rounds.

but the fumblers have 18 teams & 6 more games then us overall
swings & round abouts

you wanted it to be fairer
on my scenario it is & tbh , its probably generous

you still finish 2nd :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

So afl finished second on TV ratings ... what”s the big deal. They win on crowds, memberships (let’s just use full season ones), sponsorship, revenue.... etc etc. and they win those by a fair degree and they are pretty clear cut!
Last edited by Fred on Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:57 pm

which they aren't

silver

swings & round abouts

well if we are evening up the playing field then reduce the length of our game like last year which saw a ratings hike, even when Melbourne wasnt in lockdown. Then we could move the city of Perth to the east coast so they get games in prime time on Ch7, not on 7mate at 5pm.

But in the end, all you're doing is showing why cumulative totals cannot be used to determine popularity. The scheduling differences are just too great. Hence sports around the world are not compared using such a measure. None of them
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:14 pm

swings & round abouts

well if we are evening up the playing field then reduce the length of our game like last year which saw a ratings hike, even when Melbourne wasnt in lockdown. Then we could move the city of Perth to the east coast so they get games in prime time on Ch7, not on 7mate at 5pm.

But in the end, all you're doing is showing why cumulative totals cannot be used to determine popularity. The scheduling differences are just too great. Hence sports around the world are not compared using such a measure. None of them
all i showed is RL's dominance under the present environment is absolute
& all your bleating about our advantages when they're removed & we have apples n apples doesn't put you in first place :cool:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:26 pm

swings & round abouts

& all your bleating about our advantages when they're removed & we have apples n apples doesn't put you in first place :cool:
all you've shown is you have an uncanny ability to imagine a hypothetical then claim it's truth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come back when the NRL can get a home and away game to rate over 950k again. Shouldn't take too long now. Maybe the first final? :lol:
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:41 pm

all you've shown is you have an uncanny ability to imagine a hypothetical then claim it's truth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come back when the NRL can get a home and away game to rate over 950k again. Shouldn't take too long now. Maybe the first final? :lol:
imagine lol

hard numbers shown & some pretty generous ones for the derpsters too , but because they still have your bumbling abortion 2nd, they're imagined

sure :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

like i said i understand the excuse makers frustration

oh our game is too long
oh our teams aren't where they should be
oh this
oh that

i mean
the only country on earth that tolerates this rubbish , well in half of one country anyway , & it still runs 2nd :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users liked the author baselinepanther for the post:
Lookin back (Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:16 am)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:09 pm

imagine lol

hard numbers shown & some pretty generous ones for the derpsters too , but because they still have your bumbling abortion 2nd, they're imagined

how exactly are they hard numbers when they are 1. hypothetical, and 2. dont account for the potential changes in viewership of a completely different schedule? :lol:
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:12 pm

oh our game is too long
oh this
oh that

i mean
the only country on earth that tolerates this rubbish , well in half of one country anyway , & it still runs 2nd :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol:
errr, werent you complaining, falsely I might add, that only your crap games are shown on FTA? :lol:

Time for another hypothetical Dave. I'm sure you can convince yourself with more imaginary numbers
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

oh our game is too long
oh this
oh that

i mean

Runs second in nsw and qld. Which is not a bad effort. Imagine if they went ahead and combined the two codes all those years ago.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:17 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:09 pm

imagine lol

how exactly are they hard numbers when they are 1. hypothetical, and 2. dont account for the potential changes in viewership of a completely different schedule? :lol:

oh our game is too long
oh this
oh that

i mean
errr, werent you complaining, falsely I might add, that only your crap games are shown on FTA? :lol:

Time for another hypothetical Dave. I'm sure you can convince yourself with more imaginary numbers

Pal, you're so pathetic it's actually hilarious lolololololololol!!!!! I mean the same dill who goes on ad infinitum about hypotheticals, changes in viewership and scheduling affecting his chosen mess then accuses someone else of using hypotheticals, changes in viewership and scheduling lolololol!!!!!!!

Ya dead set can't make this stuff up lololol!!!!!! Monty Pythons would be proud of ya pal!!!!! When do ya join the comedy circuit?????? What an A grade outright hypocritical dill!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:16 am)