How Easy is it to play AFL??? Very it seems!!!!!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: How Easy is it to play AFL??? Very it seems!!!!!!!

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Actually a swans academy trainee who was told by his manager that his height, frame and weight would not be advantageous for rugby.
So after 2 years (at least) training the player himself thinks he won’t play until mid way through 2023 at the earliest.
Perhaps no so easy, but does embrace a variety of sizes and shapes because of the variety of skills needed.
Nup. No professional sport anywhere in the world has as many players with non AFL backgrounds. Yank basketballers. Gaelic footballers. Basketballers, rugby players, Rugby League players. They all have no experience of the game and waltz in and hey presto...........they're stars!!!!

Easiest, lamest professional sport in the world!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:32 pm)
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:08 pm
Actually a swans academy trainee who was told by his manager that his height, frame and weight would not be advantageous for rugby.
So after 2 years (at least) training the player himself thinks he won’t play until mid way through 2023 at the earliest.
Perhaps no so easy, but does embrace a variety of sizes and shapes because of the variety of skills needed.
Nup. No professional sport anywhere in the world has as many players with non AFL backgrounds. Yank basketballers. Gaelic footballers. Basketballers, rugby players, Rugby League players. They all have no experience of the game and waltz in and hey presto...........they're stars!!!!

Nup...versatile game that suits some versatile athletes ....and there are very few of any import/ cross code players, except Gaelic footballers whose game has a lot of similarities to Australian football.
And not many were “stars”. Falou and Hunt were serviceable, Hunt the better, but plateaued and was overtaken by younger players. Cox has played a couple of very good games, but generally serviceable, dropped at the moment. Some Irish players have been very good but the failure rate is high.
You have a tendency to take one instance and present it as “standard”.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:22 pm

Nup...versatile game that suits some versatile athletes ....and there are very few of any import/ cross code players, except Gaelic footballers whose game has a lot of similarities to Australian football.
And not many were “stars”. Falou and Hunt were serviceable, Hunt the better, but plateaued and was overtaken by younger players. Cox has played a couple of very good games, but generally serviceable, dropped at the moment. Some Irish players have been very good but the failure rate is high.
Your drivel just proved my point!!! Thanks pal!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:49 pm

If it proved any point of yours, it would have to be drivel.
(It didn’t prove your point, but gave some examples that some have had degrees of success.)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:53 pm

(It didn’t prove your point, but gave some examples that some have had degrees of success.)
Yep. Thanks again pal!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:54 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:53 pm

Yep. Thanks again pal!!!!
Nup..
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Nice post pal!!! And yep.............a kid who had never played the game. Had no interest in it. Had never watched it. Signed by the Swans & will play in the Australian Fumbling League.

Dead-set easiest, dumbed down sport in the world!!!! Any 'ol bum can play it lololololol!!!!!
Lookin back (Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:25 pm)
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Do they still have 100 interchanges?
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:06 pm
Do they still have 100 interchanges?
Never been 100.
Since interchanges were introduced it has been:
Unlimited then
Now 75
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Quolis... why do you bother... guys an idiot. You’ll just go round in circles. Doesn’t matter what facts or figures there is no reasoned debate or discussion. To him it is Rl good, afl bad and bend any facts to suit this ignorant, if not stupid viewpoint. I would suggest you do like many here and ignore him. Guys a fuckwit.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You should note that under the drafting rules the afl allow for special conditions for recruiting players from no traditional pathways. I think one is for players who have not played the game ... these players wages don’t count toward salary cap and I think list numbers.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:11 pm
Quolis... why do you bother... guys an idiot. You’ll just go round in circles. Doesn’t matter what facts or figures there is no reasoned debate or discussion. To him it is Rl good, afl bad and bend any facts to suit this ignorant, if not stupid viewpoint. I would suggest you do like many here and ignore him. Guys a fuckwit.
If I use “idiot” as a basis for not replying to NRL posters, I would most likely only have one left on the reply list.
But I know what you mean.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Fred (Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:16 am)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

A bit touchy there Freddo 'ol boy!!!!! And highly hypocritical pal!!! I flog you on facts and figures. I have reasoned debate and discussion which you are unable to rebut.

Then you resort to insults like a kid throwing his rattle outta the cot. Please do better Fred!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:38 pm
If I use “idiot” as a basis for not replying to NRL posters, I would most likely only have one left on the reply list.
Yes ... good point
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:34 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:38 pm
Yes ... good point

Freddo, I fully understand why you and your fumbling mates here are reluctant to engage with me. I mean no one gets excited about being schooled day after day with facts, research and common-sense!!!

It's no good for ones self belief Freddy. So I bare you, or your mates, no ill-will Freddy. I just do my best to educate and inform you.

Have a great day pal!!!!!!!!!!!