Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:58 am
NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:58 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:30 pm

Pet Membership half of them. :(/

They do have more members and Crowds are about double that of league but the real real kicker here is the 120,000 + paying $200 a season for a fox kayo Boxes. The many more thousands in pubs and clubs watching the game, also the C9 streaming numbers :cheers:
120k paying $200 for Kayo compared to and extra 700k paying up to $2k for memberships to watch AFL :D:
That is 120, 000 more than the afl. There well over 1/2 a million at a club game just the other day.
you are basing that claim on average viewers over the length of the telecast, not actual subscribers or viewers

And we have 700k more members
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:12 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:21 am
Fred wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am
So are there only 3 games on FTA for the NRL each week?
Most weeks .
Well that makes sense then. Of course there will be more RL subscribers to Fox then there would be for AFL ergo - rating should be higher on Fox. Conversely, explains why AFL rates higher than NRL on FTA usually. Goodness - if I had of taken the time or had the inclination to find out would have put paid to all this so called discussion. Makes sense now.
Good on ya Freddo! You're really starting to get it now pal! Congrats!! And so...........when ya add up all the numbers RL is having a smashing win in 2021.

Yep. That's how it works Frederica!!! Good on ya for coming on board!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:16 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:33 pm

More attendance, more sponsorship, more membership and more broadcast $. Money talks......just no so much for the NRL.
That's all great pal. As shallow and puerile as it is. But this thread is about TV ratings. Your goldfish bowl mentality is incredible. For gods sake please try and stay on point!!!!

You will have to concentrate, think hard, keep focused. C'mon pal...............you can do it!!!!!!
If only you applied your standards to your rugby comrades....can you do it.
Don't need to pal, they're already up to standard!!!

And please educate yaself pal. It's Rugby League. Rugby is a completely different game. The ignorance of the average fumble fan is incredible.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:16 pm

That's all great pal. As shallow and puerile as it is. But this thread is about TV ratings. Your goldfish bowl mentality is incredible. For gods sake please try and stay on point!!!!

You will have to concentrate, think hard, keep focused. C'mon pal...............you can do it!!!!!!
If only you applied your standards to your rugby comrades....can you do it.
Don't need to pal, they're already up to standard!!!

And please educate yaself pal. It's Rugby League. Rugby is a completely different game. The ignorance of the average fumble fan is incredible.
The other one is really called Rugby Union...but I’ll credit you with knowing that.
Unfortunately you don’t even hold yourself to your own standards.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:26 pm

Most weeks .
Well that makes sense then. Of course there will be more RL subscribers to Fox then there would be for AFL ergo - rating should be higher on Fox. Conversely, explains why AFL rates higher than NRL on FTA usually. Goodness - if I had of taken the time or had the inclination to find out would have put paid to all this so called discussion. Makes sense now.
Good on ya Freddo! You're really starting to get it now pal! Congrats!! And so...........when ya add up all the numbers RL is having a smashing win in 2021.

Idiot!!! I know you’re not as educated as me... a publican and all... but really you can’t be that stupid to interpret my post as that.....than again.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Fred wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am
So are there only 3 games on FTA for the NRL each week?
Most weeks .
Wow Fred :roll: . But your theory fails to take into account that the NRL gets PTV ratings from just 15 teams. The AFL get PTV ratings from 18 teams. :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:20 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:26 pm

Idiot!!! I know you’re not as educated as me... a publican and all... but really you can’t be that stupid to interpret my post as that.....than again.
Lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah Freddo................the Fred that just keeps on Fredding lololololololo!!!!!!!!!!!!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:36 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:58 pm

120k paying $200 for Kayo compared to and extra 700k paying up to $2k for memberships to watch AFL :D:
That is 120, 000 more than the afl. There well over 1/2 a million at a club game just the other day.
you are basing that claim on average viewers over the length of the telecast, not actual subscribers or viewers

No I'm not. Oztam estimates The Avg AFL PTV game is watched by 170 thousand viewers and that the NRL is watched 235 thousand viewers. Kayo similar numbers.

Length of Telecast:(/ :(/ :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:52 pm

No I'm not. Oztam estimates The Avg AFL PTV game is watched by 170 thousand viewers and that the NRL is watched 235 thousand viewers. Kayo similar numbers.

It's their go to excuse!!! I mean, do they think that if RL went to 4 quarters and had equal game time as fumbling the RL fans would just turn off the telly at 3/4 time?????? That's the idiocy of the fools argument.

Dead set dills lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:52 pm

OZTAM's ratings are averages, they are not peak audience which is the real indication of how many people tuned in.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

So You are now saying that longer matches are a positive? What happend to the longer telecasts cause cancer theory?

And somebody flicking through the channels should be treated the same as someone who watches an entire match :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:12 pm
So You are now saying that longer matches are a positive? What happend to the longer telecasts cause cancer theory?

And somebody flicking through the channels should be treated the same as someone who watches an entire match :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
You are using oztam ratings to tell us RL has 120k more followers. That claim assumes a 'fan' is only counted if they watch the entire telecast, ie average ratings.

Your claim basically goes beyond averages (viewers) to peak audience (averages) because you're now describing followers, not average viewers.

Eg: a follower only has 1hr to watch a game due to other commitments. Averages counts him as 0.4 average viewers, reach counts him as 1. That's a more accurate indication of how many people followed the game

I'm not saying we should change the way we discuss tv ratings. You're talking about fans, not viewers.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

According to the OzTam ratings the NRL average (about) 235, 000 viewers per game . The AFL Average (about) 170, 000 (viewers per match). viewers who have watched the entire game. The difference being 65,000 viewers. If you want to include viewers that have watched moments in that match, which is probably more correct, than the number would be greater. and then include Kayo . So at the very least its 120, 000 viewers.
cehar5
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Demons storm
Been liked: 19 times

Post by cehar5 »

Seems obvious to me that extra games dilutes the audience of each individual match, so a lower average is entirely expected. 500 AFL fans watch 2 matches average 250 viwers, 500 NRL fans watch 1 match 500 viewers. Perhaps this has been covered im new.
cehar5
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Demons storm
Been liked: 19 times

Post by cehar5 »

While I'm here any stats on WatchAFL and WatchNRL subscribers. The overseas platform that I'm presently using. I subscribe to both.