AFL Games during the week

Australian Football news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

AFL Games during the week

Post by Fred »

I see that the AFL are not going to have the mid week games this year - I quite enjoyed these last year and reckon it would be good to have it for a 4 or 5 week period. Obviously has many benefits - I think the networks would like it as would rate better than a Saturday game for instance. Would also allow games to be played in isolation - again - higher ratings and more content - meaning not needing to fill as much air time with other stuff - saves money. Only issue is that it would give less time for recovery but think they could work it so only one short break per team. They're professional athletes so should be able to do this.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: AFL Games during the week

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:28 pm
I see that the AFL are not going to have the mid week games this year - I quite enjoyed these last year and reckon it would be good to have it for a 4 or 5 week period. Obviously has many benefits - I think the networks would like it as would rate better than a Saturday game for instance. Would also allow games to be played in isolation - again - higher ratings and more content - meaning not needing to fill as much air time with other stuff - saves money. Only issue is that it would give less time for recovery but think they could work it so only one short break per team. They're professional athletes so should be able to do this.
two big things why it most likely would not happen..

The Players recovery and turn around. (remembering games were shorter)
and the Crowd numbers would be effected.