Kayo Domination!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: Kayo Domination!

Post by Quolls2019 »

Wouldn’t average viewers per game per round and average viewers per game for total games played, incorporating all broadcast methods/ratings be sufficient, no need to publish the actual ratings for the sensitive ratings organisations?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Fred wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:54 am
Now - I'm just asking - don't get all uppity and defensive or get abusive or deflect to something unrelated - it's just a simple question and I look for is a civil simple response.

Here goes:

Isn't the comparison with Friday night and now Thursday night so like for like can be compared? As the other comparisons are somewhat compromised for one reason or another? That is one home and away game head to head with another?
No Fred that's not the case. 1/3 of NRL teams are smaller regional areas that don't have the same following/supporters of the capitol city teams. Not only that there far more tribal.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yeah but it is still one code up against another - game V game at a similar time etc. No other distractions or mitigating factors - well I thought so until now with you mentioning that a lot of NRL teams are from smaller regional areas. I'm not sure how that is a factor apart from you saying they have apparently smaller followings therefore less viewers... are you suggesting this is why the AFL game on a Friday regularly wins?? I'm hearing it not just sure if that is a factor - or a factor that should be considered - or .... to be honest - I'm struggling to make any sense of this at all - but hey - that's on me - which is fine.

Who are these regional teams by the way. Newcastle and Townsville I can name - St George Illawarra maybe? Canberra??? In saying that, wouldn't they have the a captive audience of their home town? And wouldn't teams based in say Sydney have that shared with all the other teams based in Sydney? Or am I missing the point?

AFL would have Geelong - but then you have Adelaide split between two teams and Perth between two teams. Then you have GWS - which we all acknowledge have few supporters.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

they win 2/3 of the time. Though if Kayo figures were known it would be about half the time.
Canberra and gold coast 5 of 15, With NZ being the 16 team.

More viewers more ratings. Newcastle population 300k - perth population 2m
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I'm not sure this stacks up as to why ratings on a Friday and Thursday in stand alone games are poorer - wouldn't this be reflected in overall ratings? Seems a strange point to explain lower ratings when going head to head with AFL.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:03 pm
I'm not sure this stacks up as to why ratings on a Friday and Thursday in stand alone games are poorer - wouldn't this be reflected in overall ratings? Seems a strange point to explain lower ratings when going head to head with AFL.
Fred, it ain't hard to comprehend pal!!! At least for most. Let's do a little maths shall we. The population base for 4 teams in each comp are:

NRL
Newcastle 320k + Canberra 395k + Townsville 180K + Penrith 220k = 1.115M.
AFL
Adelaide 1.4M (2 teams) + Perth 2m (2 teams) = 3.4M.

So 4 non Melbourne teams in AFL heartland have 3 times the potential audience that 4 non Sydney teams in NRL heartland have.

It is a very simple concept Freddo ............these numbers obviously effect TV ratings.

Hope that helps Pal!!!!!!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Sat May 22, 2021 12:55 am)
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

seriously Terry .. whilst I usually don’t read your posts or just the first sentence... as they are usually tripe I did go back ... and again you confirm my stance and totally missed the point.

I could go through the why if what you go wrong... and why you’re again off the Mark ... but really, what’s the point.

Anyway Pussy ..enough of Terry”s nonesense..... assuming only people from a region follow a club you still didn’t mention the number of clubs in Sydney and the population split amongst these clubs.

But anyway... let’s just take your point on face value. So are you saying when two afl clubs play from Melbourne and two nrl clubs from Sydney are playing than this a fair comparison ??
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

By the way... still love ya Terry ....mwah.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 pm
By the way... still love ya Terry ....mwah.
Good on ya Fwed!!!!!!!!! You'll get there one day pal!!! But to do so you'll have to break free of the bubble. I'm not sure you're up to it but I hope and pray for ya every day pal!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm)
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Good try Terry lol ....
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Good try Terry lol ....

Well Fred its pretty straight forward. There's always going to be the exception but most Sydney fans support Sydney teams, most Perth fans , most Qld fans etc.. If most neutral fans watched all matches we would have Grand Final numbers to every match.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:53 pm
Terry wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:29 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Averages don't reflect the AFLs kayo audience because most of their games overlap. Same for their Fox ratings.

Every thursday and Friday shows this when compared to Saturday and Sunday ratings.
Oh dear, this is really descending to the level of pathetic!!!!!! I'll leave ya alone for a while pal!!! You're doin' it tough at the mo!!!
Poor Terry, resorting to personal comments rather than discussing the topic :lol:
In your previous post are'nt you [quoted] calling me dumber than tree stump???? and now your having a go at Terry for making personal attacks. Could'nt you at least waited a few posts before saying that :roll:
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Lookin back (Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:45 pm
Terry wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Oh dear, this is really descending to the level of pathetic!!!!!! I'll leave ya alone for a while pal!!! You're doin' it tough at the mo!!!
Poor Terry, resorting to personal comments rather than discussing the topic :lol:
In your previous post are'nt you [quoted] calling me dumber than tree stump???? and now your having a go at Terry for making personal attacks. Could'nt you at least waited a few posts before saying that :roll:
Difference is most of Terry's post ONLY contain personal insults, they don't address the topic. It's his way of deflecting from a discussion he's losing
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Difference is most of Terry's post ONLY contain personal insults, they don't address the topic. It's his way of deflecting from a discussion he's losing
It's like this pal: I have explained everything on every topic to you fumbling dills over and over. But like goldfish in a bowl your memory goes blank when you are comprehensively and repeatedly schooled.

You then go to the 'ol coulda, shoulda, maybe, but, if, and etc etc over and over and over!! So it gets a tad tiring conversing with such puerile fools!!!!

And as far as insults go: I'm an equal opportunity insulter pal...............you and your feeble minded fumbling mates make some juvenile attempts to insult & I return serve.

Of course my insults are on point, intelligent and cut to the chase. You and your mates are like 8 year kids whining at each other in ya remedial spelling class!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:14 pm
It's like this pal: I have explained everything on every topic to you fumbling dills over and over. But like goldfish in a bowl your memory goes blank when you are comprehensively and repeatedly schooled.

You then go to the 'ol coulda, shoulda, maybe, but, if, and etc etc over and over and over!! So it gets a tad tiring conversing with such puerile fools!!!!

And as far as insults go: I'm an equal opportunity insulter pal...............you and your feeble minded fumbling mates make some juvenile attempts to insult & I return serve.

Of course my insults are on point, intelligent and cut to the chase. You and your mates are like 8 year kids whining at each other in ya remedial spelling class!!!!
Your puerile argument is raw ratings matter, context doesn't. Yet you fail to back it up when given an example. You're a massive failure