Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:47 pm
Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 pm

based on Kayo ratings for one round? :(/

So you've been shown up again pal lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!! The Fox/Kayo numbers are out. Last round it was:

NRL 386k per game V AFL 219K per game. That is a gargantuan +167k per game for the NRL. Or over 1.3M for the round. No FTA numbers are gonna reign that in pal. RL folk here have been telling you all season RL is flogging AFL on Kayo. You have placed your head in the sand despite all the proof provided to you!!!!

There is no need to apologise pal!!! I'm a very magnanimous winner lololololol!!!!!!!!
Not shown up at all. Of course average ratings will be lower given 7 of 9 games have overlap. Doesn't mean isolated games don't match the NRL
You seem to struggle with reality or chose to ignore it (which is probably more likely) . This Saturday like most, you can watch 3 game(like NRL) if you have Fox, You will also have choice(unlike NRL). On top of that ,matches, probably four will be shown into there own states on FTA(unlike NRL) . Something that more than makes up for any overlaping games - Something you never seem to talk about!

Are you aware your PTV matces shown in complete isolation of a Sat/Sun would struggle to avg 170k , not 3 or 400 k you like to think.
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Thu May 20, 2021 4:34 pm)
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

it begs belief, I've said this a thousand times,

THIS IS WHY THE AFL SCHUELDE GAMES LIKE THEY DO>
IT BENEFITS THEM
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:59 pm
Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 pm

So you've been shown up again pal lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!! The Fox/Kayo numbers are out. Last round it was:

NRL 386k per game V AFL 219K per game. That is a gargantuan +167k per game for the NRL. Or over 1.3M for the round. No FTA numbers are gonna reign that in pal. RL folk here have been telling you all season RL is flogging AFL on Kayo. You have placed your head in the sand despite all the proof provided to you!!!!

There is no need to apologise pal!!! I'm a very magnanimous winner lololololol!!!!!!!!
Not shown up at all. Of course average ratings will be lower given 7 of 9 games have overlap. Doesn't mean isolated games don't match the NRL
You seem to struggle with reality or chose to ignore it (which is probably more likely) . This Saturday like most, you can watch 3 game(like NRL) if you have Fox, You will also have choice(unlike NRL). On top of that ,matches, probably four will be shown into there own states on FTA(unlike NRL) . Something that more than makes up for any overlaping games - Something you never seem to talk about!

Are you aware your PTV matces shown in complete isolation of a Sat/Sun would struggle to avg 170k , not 3 or 400 k you like to think.
The poor ‘ol fumblers are incredibly bad losers!! They just cannot and will not acknowledge reality.

I really hope they don’t actually believe what they say! Surely they can’t be buried that deep in the fumbling bubble.

Here’s hoping for their sake!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

From Kayo Domination
“I don’t or rarely comment on ratings, for a number of reasons.
Some of the figures given are estimates, conjecture or samples, maybe a good guide, but maybe not, and for some of the forum posters to say we won Kayo or we won streaming or fta, to me misses the point.
Isn’t the point the total number who watch which game or code over all broadcast methods?
Perhaps someone could do a spreadsheet that shows the figures, separately for FTA, Fox sports, Kayo and the other streaming methods for each game and each round?
Not me because:
There are lies, damn lies and ratings....
Come 2025, the landscape will change greatly....
And the 2 big codes future is assured. (Perhaps not each club, but it is looking better)
The other 2 are in diabolicals.“
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

we can watch 3 of 5 games, unlike the NRL fans who can watch all 3 in only 6 hours.

Yes games get shown into heartland states of SA and WA on FTA, just like the NRL do with the Broncos on FTA most weekends. Melbourne for the AFL is basically like Sydney for the NRL, most teams are not on FTA. And no, this doesnt make up for overlapping games because it only benefits 2 homeland markets which again is not much worse than the Broncos on FTA most weekends.

Our isolated games would average around 180k. Games shown concurrently around120k. Multiply that by 7 games a round over 24 rounds is 168 games affected by lower PTV ratings.

Some of our highest rating rounds in previous seasons have been those where most games are shown in isolation. I wonder why that is ? :roll:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:35 pm
it begs belief, I've said this a thousand times,

THIS IS WHY THE AFL SCHUELDE GAMES LIKE THEY DO>
IT BENEFITS THEM
just like the NRL benefit from showing the Broncos on FTA for most rounds. How is that different to what the AFL do?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:09 pm

The poor ‘ol fumblers are incredibly bad losers!! They just cannot and will not acknowledge reality.

I really hope they don’t actually believe what they say! Surely they can’t be buried that deep in the fumbling bubble.

Here’s hoping for their sake!!
you have still yet to explain how you reconcile the NBA v NFL ratings using your 'raw numbers' BS :drunk:
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:36 pm
From Kayo Domination
“I don’t or rarely comment on ratings, for a number of reasons.
Some of the figures given are estimates, conjecture or samples, maybe a good guide, but maybe not, and for some of the forum posters to say we won Kayo or we won streaming or fta, to me misses the point.
Isn’t the point the total number who watch which game or code over all broadcast methods?
Perhaps someone could do a spreadsheet that shows the figures, separately for FTA, Fox sports, Kayo and the other streaming methods for each game and each round?
Not me because:
There are lies, damn lies and ratings....
Come 2025, the landscape will change greatly....
And the 2 big codes future is assured. (Perhaps not each club, but it is looking better)
The other 2 are in diabolicals.“
There all estimate, but whth some degree of accuracy. And the more samples you have the more accurate they will be.
ie Cherry picking a few results means little ,an average of 25 samples taken over the season, is far more accurate.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

If you get more samples and take the mean of each sample and average those (meu) that is a different type of statistic and can have it's own flaws if samples are not similar. Do you mean the higher the number in the sample the more accurate. That would be somewhat correct - although too high a number really makes any tests a little weak in power as the higher the number the more likely for statistical significance - so you don't want to sample millions for instance. In saying that, statistics can be extremely accurate when in inferring to the population (population being the group you are looking at - so the population for Fox ratings would be number of Fox subscribers who have that channel available). So I would say the ratings are fairly accurate predictions based on statistical analysis - but remember - to paraphrase - there are lies, damn lies and statistics --- or something like that lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:46 pm

we can watch 3 of 5 games, unlike the NRL fans who can watch all 3 in only 6 hours.

Yes games get shown into heartland states of SA and WA on FTA, just like the NRL do with the Broncos on FTA most weekends. Melbourne for the AFL is basically like Sydney for the NRL, most teams are not on FTA. And no, this doesnt make up for overlapping games because it only benefits 2 homeland markets which again is not much worse than the Broncos on FTA most weekends.

Our isolated games would average around 180k. Games shown concurrently around120k. Multiply that by 7 games a round over 24 rounds is 168 games affected by lower PTV ratings.

Some of our highest rating rounds in previous seasons have been those where most games are shown in isolation. I wonder why that is ? :roll:
Time means F@z% all.

I go out and mow the lawn and trim the edges , I come back in and that ganmes over , you do the samething youcan watch the 40m of your game, you also have the choice to watch another game. All of would give you ratings

I not the same thing , it nothing like the that. Perth , adelaide, canberra, Qld etc get about twice as many viewers if there own team involved.

Sat/Sun PTV No Overlap Whatsoever

LIVE: AFL MELBOURNE V FREMANTLE 115,000
LIVE: AFL ADELAIDE V GEELONG 227,000
LIVE: AFL WEST COAST V GOLD COAST 152,000
LIVE: AFL SYDNEY V ADELAIDE 141,000
LIVE: AFL PORT ADELAIDE V ESSENDON 174,000
LIVE: AFL FREMANTLE V GWS 99,000
LIVE: AFL ESSENDON V ST KILDA 184,000
LIVE: AFL RICHMOND V SYDNEY 166,000
LIVE: AFL WEST COAST V PORT ADELAIDE 144,000
LIVE: AFL CARLTON V FREMANTLE 191,000
LIVE: AFL GWS V MELBOURNE 168,000
LIVE: AFL WESTERN BULLDOGS V BRISBANE 161,000
LIVE: AFL ST KILDA V WEST COAST 183,000
LIVE: AFL CARLTON V BRISBANE 220,000
LIVE: AFL HAWTHORN V ADELAIDE 176,000
LIVE: AFL COLLINGWOOD V ESSENDON 250,000
LIVE: AFL PORT ADELAIDE V ST KILDA 131,000
LIVE: AFL NORTH MELBOURNE V COLLINGWOOD 188,000
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Thursday Night NRL *update*
Nine National 532,000 (peak 698k)
Metro: 327,000
Regional: 206,000
Foxleage: 224,000
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don't think QLd get more viewers if own team involved per se - If a Collingwood V Richmond game was on I would think that would be preferred over the Suns V North Melbourne for instance - if on at the same time. The problem is, even though the Collingwood Richmond game would rate higher I believe, they would show the Suns v North game on FTA. Hence why I had to get Fox.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:46 am

Do you think this is a good result or a poor result?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:46 am
Not too bad for 2 regional teams. Once streaming is added it'll be over 900K!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Fair enough
Veni, vidi, vici