Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:55 pm
Interesting take by the journalist on Offsiders this morning re: rugby in Sydney. I didn’t realise the elite private schools had taken aussie rules on. And he questioned whether anyone new if there was a Waratahs game on last night??
Yep the sporting landscape in Sydney has changed massively in 5 -10 years.

UNION Is being attacked by AFL>
Not so much AFL attacking League.

if you look at the numbers, AFL has hammered where Union Supporters are, they have not won yet,
but are def making a dent..
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:50 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:07 pm
And we almost never get regular AFL matches on Ch 7. Old movies from the 80s rate better for 7 than a game of AFL in NSW. Always shown on 7mate.
So the AFL gets 4 games a week live on either Channel 7 or 7mate in Sydney/NSW. How does soccer and rugby compare? Go on... don’t dodge that question/reality.

None of the main radio/tv Channels get behind AFL in a big way.
Hmm, just live AFL radio broadcasts every round on Triple M, the ABC and AFL Nation in Sydney.

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership
The AFL football shows are on at 1am here if they are even on at all lol..
And how many soccer or rugby shows are even shown on FTA in Sydney. For those curious at home... it’s none.
AFL and Union on a domestic level (i would put Union in front still) they look down and out,
but that is because they are losing culture and pathetically ran at the moment, Union still holds a strong presence.

In saying AFL are taking it to Union Heartland areas in big ways.
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:47 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:34 pm
17/04/21 AFL: GWS Giants d Sydney Swans 33,541 Sydney Cricket Ground
17/04/21 NRL: Rabbitohs d Wests Tigers 16,134 Stadium Australia

17/04/21 AFL: Brisbane Lions d Essendon 23,544 Gabba
15/04/21 NRL: Panthers d Broncos 21,224 Suncorp Stadium
game one
less people watched the fumbles n bumbles derpy on tv in sydney then attended
meanwhile , over 400K watched the NRL game on subscription TV probably half in Sydney , if it was on FTA it would have got over 400K all up in sydney

game two
reverse the days the games were played & the form of both sides over the last 12 months
Broncos game 35K
kitty kat wions .. 15K

:cool:
talk crowds and they bring up ratings :rofl:

AFL beats NRL in crowds in their own heartland :mrgreen:
Lets ask peter rabbit if that actually means anything :cool:
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:53 am
Beaussie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:50 am
And we almost never get regular AFL matches on Ch 7. Old movies from the 80s rate better for 7 than a game of AFL in NSW. Always shown on 7mate.
So the AFL gets 4 games a week live on either Channel 7 or 7mate in Sydney/NSW. How does soccer and rugby compare? Go on... don’t dodge that question/reality.

None of the main radio/tv Channels get behind AFL in a big way.
Hmm, just live AFL radio broadcasts every round on Triple M, the ABC and AFL Nation in Sydney.

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership
The AFL football shows are on at 1am here if they are even on at all lol..
And how many soccer or rugby shows are even shown on FTA in Sydney. For those curious at home... it’s none.
AFL and Union on a domestic level (i would put Union in front still) they look down and out,
but that is because they are losing culture and pathetically ran at the moment, Union still holds a strong presence.

In saying AFL are taking it to Union Heartland areas in big ways.
they can have the toff scum heartland
its tiny like their sport in NSW

hope they like pims & cucumber sandwiches :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:48 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:47 pm

game one
less people watched the fumbles n bumbles derpy on tv in sydney then attended
meanwhile , over 400K watched the NRL game on subscription TV probably half in Sydney , if it was on FTA it would have got over 400K all up in sydney

game two
reverse the days the games were played & the form of both sides over the last 12 months
Broncos game 35K
kitty kat wions .. 15K

:cool:

I guarantee if the storm had a higher crowd than every AFL game in Melbourne we wouldn't hear the last of it. So yes, it means plenty
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:52 am)
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think Australian Rules Football and AFL has made high in-roads in Sydney and surrounds considering the low base it came from. But the sport still has a long long way to go, let’s not kid ourselves ... but it has taken a few steps and importantly, has started the journey. I do agree with one poster who points out that Aussie rules related shows are shown late into the night and afl games often on 7 mate. The thing is, when this is no longer the case, the journey will be close up over.
Veni, vidi, vici
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

Fred wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:09 pm
I think Australian Rules Football and AFL has made high in-roads in Sydney and surrounds considering the low base it came from. But the sport still has a long long way to go, let’s not kid ourselves ... but it has taken a few steps and importantly, has started the journey. I do agree with one poster who points out that Aussie rules related shows are shown late into the night and afl games often on 7 mate. The thing is, when this is no longer the case, the journey will be close up over.
started the journey

started ?? :hmm:

hahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

they landed in Sydney 39 years ago
but good to see they've ahhhh

umm

started :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
These users liked the author baselinepanther for the post:
Lookin back (Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:23 am)
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm

I guarantee if the storm had a higher crowd than every AFL game in Melbourne we wouldn't hear the last of it. So yes, it means plenty
oh de cwowds

de cwowds

they couldn't beat peter rabbit on TV

end of :cool:
These users liked the author baselinepanther for the post:
Lookin back (Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:23 am)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:05 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm

oh de cwowds

de cwowds

they couldn't beat peter rabbit on TV

end of :cool:
they beat the storm in Melbourne :afro:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The figure I like to look at is the ratings in Sydney for afl games not involving Sydney and GWS. That many of these games rate bit at 6 or 3 thousand tells me that is support for Aussie rules in general ... small but significant .
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 pm
The figure I like to look at is the ratings in Sydney for afl games not involving Sydney and GWS. That many of these games rate bit at 6 or 3 thousand tells me that is support for Aussie rules in general ... small but significant .
TV ratings continue to soar in Sydney/NSW. Would be great to see streaming numbers.

Ratings highlights from Round 4:

– The NSW audience for the Sydney Swans was up 88% on the average Thursday night NSW audience of 2019, driven by Sydney metro, up 98%.

– Thursday night’s audience in Northern NSW was up 142% and up 31% in Southern NSW.

– The average TV audience for Sydney vs Essendon across the country was 955K (551K for metro, 196K for regional and 207K for pay TV) across Australia.

– Saturday’s match between the GIANTS and Collingwood was 42% greater than the next best GIANTS audience in NSW this season.

*Note: Ratings exclude streaming services (including Kayo)

https://aflnswact.com.au/afl-tv-audienc ... -derby-xx/
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 pm
TV ratings continue to soar in Sydney/NSW. Would be great to see streaming numbers.

– The NSW audience for the Sydney Swans was up 88% on the average Thursday night NSW audience of 2019, driven by Sydney metro, up 98%.

– Thursday night’s audience in Northern NSW was up 142% and up 31% in Southern NSW.

– The average TV audience for Sydney vs Essendon across the country was 955K (551K for metro, 196K for regional and 207K for pay TV) across Australia.

– Saturday’s match between the GIANTS and Collingwood was 42% greater than the next best GIANTS audience in NSW this season.

This is a bit of a conundrum. Can Freddo or beatup please explain. Apparently AFL is 'soaring" in NSW. Freddo goes on daily tours counting the numbers around the Gold Coast. He reports fumbling players, caps, jersey's and interest everywhere. Everywhere he looks lololololol............yeah I know...........but anyway!!!!!

If so.......... why does RL win the TV ratings on a regular basis year to year?? It doesn't seem to be in decline or lacking interest. This year on current trends RL is gonna hand the AFL a right royal whipping in TV numbers. How does this reconcile with the AFL 'soaring' in traditional RL area's? Shouldn't this be reflected in TV numbers?

Beatup.............Freddy...............can you pump up and please explain!!!!!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:28 pm
Beaussie wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 pm

This is a bit of a conundrum. Can Freddo or beatup please explain. Apparently AFL is 'soaring" in NSW. Freddo goes on daily tours counting the numbers around the Gold Coast. He reports fumbling players, caps, jersey's and interest everywhere. Everywhere he looks lololololol............yeah I know...........but anyway!!!!!

If so.......... why does RL win the TV ratings on a regular basis year to year?? It doesn't seem to be in decline or lacking interest. This year on current trends RL is gonna hand the AFL a right royal whipping in TV numbers. How does this reconcile with the AFL 'soaring' in traditional RL area's? Shouldn't this be reflected in TV numbers?

Beatup.............Freddy...............can you pump up and please explain!!!!!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

i Live on the Gold Coast too, it is most certainly is dominated via Rugby League.

i would put it up at about 80% League to 20% AFL

Alot Victorians over the past 20 years now reside here, which has helped local leagues.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I’d say 70 /30 but hey. But aussie rules definitely has a strong following at all levels on the GC you’d have to agree.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Melbourne would be 98% AFL, 2% NRL