Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:55 am
Terry wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:29 am

Good to see ya so excited beatup lololololololol!!!!!!!! These articles come out every couple of years claiming 'boomin' this and 'exciting growth' that! It's propaganda pal. We all remember the Lawson report. You know......... the 'ol "reality verse perception gap" lololoolololol.

I do note they now claim to have taken over RU areas. Not exactly a hard task the way Rugby has been run over the last decade. When the Waratahs and Wallabies start winning again this will quickly revert to normal.

But the main problem ya got is that ya just don't know if AFL folk are telling the truth. They've been caught out lying so many times in the past intelligent people just yawn and move on when they see this predictable chest beating crap!!!!!

Have a great day pal!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes we all remember the fucking Lawson report. It was in 2012. And Lawson was hired to fix the fucking issue. It was nearly 10 fucking years ago.

So many times in the past? Once they supplied the wrong fucking data to a council because they didnt break it down the right way.

Note again, the article written by Vince Rugari, a soccer reporter.

Wookie my friend, it's like this: Every single year.................year after year...............they wheel out the same thing. "Record participation". "AFL taking over RL area's." "AFL booming in Sydney". "AFL taking over Rugby area's". Every year since at least the nineties.................on and on and on it goes!!!! It's not once. It's not twice. It's every SINGLE year!!!!

It's kinda like the opposite 'sky is falling' analogy. Eventually intelligent folk just yawn, smile and move on. Folk like you desperately hope it is actually happening.

The fact they hired the truth teller, Dr. Lawson, and no one has heard from him since really tells the story. As the great LBJ said, "it's better to have him inside the tent pissing out rather outside the tent pissing in"!

Have a great day Wookster!!!!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:19 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11 pm
time to change the foil in your hat terry
Strangely enough I could say the same to you Wooksie!!!! But out of the great respect I have for you I shall not sink to those depths!!!!

What I will say with certainty is that whatever the AFL put's out about NSW and Qld you can be 100% sure is overstated, exaggerated and obfuscated. To what extent is the only question.

Oh..........go the Swans tonight. I might even take a peak. I have noticed the mess is a little less messy this year. Here's hoping!!!!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

2 is a 100% increase 1.

Record participation levels at Birchgrove Oval. Here we go again :(/ :(/ :(/
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:30 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:29 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11 pm
time to change the foil in your hat terry
Strangely enough I could say the same to you Wooksie!!!! But out of the great respect I have for you I shall not sink to those depths!!!!
Im sure you could, if you had any grounds.
What I will say with certainty is that whatever the AFL put's out about NSW and Qld you can be 100% sure is overstated, exaggerated and obfuscated. To what extent is the only question.
With certainty? fuck off. You literally have no information to make that call except for decade old reports.
Thanks for that Wookster. Your response doesn't surprise me at all. I mean............ you do come from the captive, unquestioning states.

So...............you dismiss my 'information' because it's too old!! So clearly I have proof fumblehouse tells lies............repeatedly. I mean recently who can forget Gilty in Shanghai telling all and sundry the crowd looked so small because all the Chinese were out the back in the food stalls lololololololololo!!!!!!!!!! This mob will tell lies to any fool who will listen.

Wookster, I understand you lack objectivity on this issue. The truth is the AFL in Sydney is like the loud kid at the back of the class. They get plenty of attention but lack substance. They do alright but exaggerate everything my friend.
Lookin back (Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:18 pm)
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Playing numbers would say otherwise. I mean... registered players. You can’t ignore those facts.

There you go
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:45 am
Playing numbers would say otherwise. I mean... registered players. You can’t ignore those facts.

There you go
That's great Freddo. Can you tell us the exact number of registered players. Kids playing in season long weekend comps in actual clubs. Or is it just a perception that the game is growing well.

With this perception supported by masking low junior club numbers with Auskick numbers (Club, School and Community Auskick) and school program numbers. The object being this optimistic, bullish perception is needed to market the game, however the reality is this perception is not underpinned by committed junior club participants.
These users liked the author Terry for the post (total 2):
leeroy*NRL* (Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:04 pm) • Lookin back (Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 am)
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

17/04/21 AFL: GWS Giants d Sydney Swans 33,541 Sydney Cricket Ground
17/04/21 NRL: Rabbitohs d Wests Tigers 16,134 Stadium Australia

17/04/21 AFL: Brisbane Lions d Essendon 23,544 Gabba
15/04/21 NRL: Panthers d Broncos 21,224 Suncorp Stadium
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Beaussie (Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:17 am)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 »

AFL is about 4th in NSW. Less grounds and clubs than both soccer and rugby codes.

And we almost never get regular AFL matches on Ch 7. Old movies from the 80s rate better for 7 than a game of AFL in NSW. Always shown on 7mate.

None of the main radio/tv Channels get behind AFL in a big way.

The AFL football shows are on at 1am here if they are even on at all lol..
Most people don't give a shit.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Except for those that actually go.

These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Beaussie (Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:17 am)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Interesting take by the journalist on Offsiders this morning re: rugby in Sydney. I didn’t realise the elite private schools had taken aussie rules on. And he questioned whether anyone new if there was a Waratahs game on last night??
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:06 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:44 pm

Thanks for that Wookster. Your response doesn't surprise me at all. I mean............ you do come from the captive, unquestioning states.
Im a queenslander.
So...............you dismiss my 'information' because it's too old!! So clearly I have proof fumblehouse tells lies............repeatedly. I mean recently who can forget Gilty in Shanghai telling all and sundry the crowd looked so small because all the Chinese were out the back in the food stalls lololololololololo!!!!!!!!!! This mob will tell lies to any fool who will listen.
Rugby league folks dismiss information on the basis of age all the time here, Why the fuck wouldnt we do the same, It was 10 fucking years ago.
Wookster, I understand you lack objectivity on this issue.
Everyone on this fucking forum lacks objectivity.
The truth is the AFL in Sydney is like the loud kid at the back of the class. They get plenty of attention but lack substance.
Tell that to their members, crowds and sponsors. They clearly dont agree.
They do alright but exaggerate everything my friend.
And Im certainly not your friend
Well there ya go!!!!!!! I didn't know you were a Qlder Wooksie. How long did ya live there?

And I'm shattered you don't regard us as friends. I mean...............we're not friends in the traditional sense. But surely we can be friends on this site where we so obviously share deep mutual respect for each other and our views!!!!!
Lookin back (Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 am)
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:34 pm

game one
less people watched the fumbles n bumbles derpy on tv in sydney then attended
meanwhile , over 400K watched the NRL game on subscription TV probably half in Sydney , if it was on FTA it would have got over 400K all up in sydney

game two
reverse the days the games were played & the form of both sides over the last 12 months
Broncos game 35K
kitty kat wions .. 15K

:cool:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:47 pm

game one
meanwhile , over 400K watched the NRL game on subscription TV probably half in Sydney , if it was on FTA it would have got over 400K all up in sydney

game two
reverse the days the games were played & the form of both sides over the last 12 months
Broncos game 35K
kitty kat wions .. 15K

talk crowds and they bring up ratings :rofl:

AFL beats NRL in crowds in their own heartland :mrgreen:
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Beaussie (Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:50 am)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:07 pm
And we almost never get regular AFL matches on Ch 7. Old movies from the 80s rate better for 7 than a game of AFL in NSW. Always shown on 7mate.
So the AFL gets 4 games a week live on either Channel 7 or 7mate in Sydney/NSW. How does soccer and rugby compare? Go on... don’t dodge that question/reality.

None of the main radio/tv Channels get behind AFL in a big way.
Hmm, just live AFL radio broadcasts every round on Triple M, the ABC and AFL Nation in Sydney.

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership
The AFL football shows are on at 1am here if they are even on at all lol..
And how many soccer or rugby shows are even shown on FTA in Sydney. For those curious at home... it’s none.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

game one
Evidence please?

There does not appear to be any ratings published for the AFL - Sydney vs Greater Western Sydney on Saturday afternoon. Perhaps Wookie knows the figure? The tv ratings published for Sydney were for Saturday night AFL - Brisbane vs Essendon with 29,000.

SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Channel 7 472,000 29,000 208,000 73,000 111,000 51,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/04/saturd ... -2021.html

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership

Anyways, just consider and compare that 29,000 audience figure for Brisbane vs Essendon in Sydney on a Saturday night, in light of the 35,000 Melbourne audience on Friday night for the top of the table NRL match up of Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters.

game two
Broncos game 35K
kitty kat wions .. 15K

Looks like the AFL was a crowd and a tv ratings time slot winner for Channel 7 in Brisbane on Saturday night. :thumbleft:

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/04/saturd ... -2021.html

SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Channel 7 472,000 29,000 208,000 73,000 111,000 51,000