Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

So Sunday:
3 AFL Games = All shown on FTA into there home market got 651 + 426 = 1077
Avg = 360k

2nrl Games = 443 + 516 = 959k
AVG = 480k

I would have never guessed :shock: that thered be that much difference :hmm:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:53 pm
Aggregates and averages for the year td

NRL 40 games - 17.813m = 445k ave
AFL 36 games - 16.24m(but est to about 16.5m - theres a fair number of saturday arvo ratings I can no longer get).
= 451k ave (est 458k ave)

on Fox -
NRL 40 games @ 9.427m = 235k ave
AFL 36 games @ 5.669m = 157k ave

on FTA
NRL 15 games @ 8.386m - 559k ave
AFL 31 games @ 10.948m - 353k ave
7 AFL National Broadcast 15 games @ 10.07m - 671k ave

On Metro
NRL 15 games @ 5.296m - 353k
AFL 31 games @ 7.984m - 257k (some data missing)

On Regional
NRL 15 games @ 3.09m - 206k (2 GEM matches missing)
AFL 21 games @ 2.976m - 148k (much data missing)
Does this include any streaming Wookie???
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:29 pm
have i fucking mentioned streaming?
No you haven't. So am I to assume there is no streaming???
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:52 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:29 pm
have i fucking mentioned streaming?
No you haven't. So am I to assume there is no streaming???
OK: as the great Wookie hasn't "fucking mentioned" streaming I will take it that it is not included in the numbers.

As such the NRL would be about 20k in front on average per game when they,'re included.

Leaving RL in pole position to again take the title as Australia's most watched sport.
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:25 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

what is your definition of "Australia's most watched sport"?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:48 pm
Ummm.............the sport that has the most eyeballs on it during a calendar year. In this case elite professional sport.
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

agreed terry
the AFL are @ about 530K per game with streaming
the NRL 550K per game

whoo hoo
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Ummm.............the sport that has the most eyeballs on it during a calendar year. In this case elite professional sport.
So if sport 1 has 10 games per year and an average TV audience of 2mil per game, sport 2 has 100 games at an average audience of 300k per game, and sport 3 has 1 sport with an average audience of 5mil which is the "most watched"?

Here's a few more: Sport 1 is a horse race with a telecast of 10 minutes, and sport 2 is a team sport with a telecast of 5 hrs. Both average 3mil. Which is most watched?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

baselinepanther wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:13 pm
agreed terry
the AFL are @ about 530K per game with streaming
the NRL 550K per game

whoo hoo
Yep. The NRL is probably more in front than that when streaming is included but without weekly numbers it's gonna be difficult to work out exactly how much.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:20 pm
So if sport 1 has 10 games per year and an average TV audience of 2mil per game, sport 2 has 100 games at an average audience of 300k per game, and sport 3 has 1 sport with an average audience of 5mil which is the "most watched"?

Here's a few more: Sport 1 is a horse race with a telecast of 10 minutes, and sport 2 is a team sport with a telecast of 5 hrs. Both average 3mil. Which is most watched?

And here's another one......................I said over a calendar year pal. It's pretty simple. Total numbers for TV plus crowds over the year. And the tv numbers put out by oztam, regtam, Fox, Stan etc. You know.............. total number of eyeballs on a sport.

It's not about averages my friend. The reason myself and Wookie are talking averages in the NRL v AFL is because at the moment there is a different number of games played but that will even out over the year. So averages are the way you compare them at the mo.

I hope this helps. I suspect it won't lolololololololol
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:34 pm

And here's another one......................I said over a calendar year pal. It's pretty simple. Total numbers for TV plus crowds over the year. And the tv numbers put out by oztam, regtam, Fox, Stan etc. You know.............. total number of eyeballs on a sport.

It's not about averages my friend. The reason myself and Wookie are talking averages in the NRL v AFL is because at the moment there is a different number of games played but that will even out over the year. So averages are the way you compare them at the mo.

so you add all ratings for a program together over a year then claim it's the 'most watched'? Isnt that a pretty meaningless title? A current affair may rate 500k a night but runs for only half an hour every M-F all year round. 250x500k is 125Mil annually. Wow, look at that! More watched than NRL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 pm

so you add all ratings for a program together over a year then claim it's the 'most watched'? Isnt that a pretty meaningless title? A current affair may rate 500k a night but runs for only half an hour every M-F all year round. 250x500k is 125Mil annually. Wow, look at that! More watched than NRL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gee Pal, you must be very worried that your fave game is gonna lose the ratings battle this year bringing up this glad bag of idiocy!!!

I mean it's wery wery simple pal...............every year folk put out numbers on RL v AFL ratings. Every year one of them is the most watched sport in Aus. Wookie does it. The codes do it. The media does it. Simple simple stuff pal.

Oh..............and..........A Current Affair ain't a sport ya dill!!!!!!!!!!!! Geeeezzz these fumblers are hard work!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 pm

Gee Pal, you must be very worried that your fave game is gonna lose the ratings battle this year bringing up this glad bag of idiocy!!!

I mean it's wery wery simple pal...............every year folk put out numbers on RL v AFL ratings. Every year one of them is the most watched sport in Aus. Wookie does it. The codes do it. The media does it. Simple simple stuff pal.

Oh..............and..........A Current Affair ain't a sport ya dill!!!!!!!!!!!! Geeeezzz these fumblers are hard work!!!!!!!!
It's pretty simple Terry, I dont give any credence to your definition of most watched. The media dont either, except for an NRL tragic Roy Masters. In fact I have never seen any program or even a network add their annual ratings together and claim they outrate another. It must be an NRL thing because they cant compete.

But, as you were Terry, I'm sure you like the title :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:08 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 pm

It's pretty simple Terry, I dont give any credence to your definition of most watched. The media dont either, except for an NRL tragic Roy Masters. In fact I have never seen any program or even a network add their annual ratings together and claim they outrate another. It must be an NRL thing because they cant compete.

But, as you were Terry, I'm sure you like the title :lol:
Thanks pal. I'll take that as a surrender. You've given up. You're outta the battle. You're stayin' in ya trench and no ones gonna get you to go over the top lolololololo.

Kinda strange really with all the post's you make about ratings. But then again you're a fumbler so cowardice doesn't surprise me lolololol!!!!!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

were allowing for the fact that you have 4+ games on FTA each week to our 3 and will still win quiet comfortably :cheers:

I dont belief any horse race has ever beaten our 2 hour Origin match. and most matches when they go to extra time, eg. averaged over 100m instead of 90m the ratings are nearly always higher....but, but, but

What sport gets 5m viewers? if they do they certainly are well deserving of the gold medal.
Whinge whinge whine whine :compress: :rock:

'Tis only a scratch' :rofl:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers: