The self anointed national sport

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:10 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:56 pm
I’m not talking about a clinic or Auskick. In high schools there are kids playing Aussie rules as part of the school sports programmes. Aside from this, I see many a kid with an afl footy playing Aussie rules ... it’s a big sport on the gc and Brisbane. That’s just a simple fact. There are also afl excellence programme in many schools ... I know of several. So to say it isn’t followed, that kids aren’t into it is simply wrong and I suspect, wishful thinking. There are even schools with afl posts ... but most have the rugby/afl hybrid.
Look Freddo................I don't wanna be dismissive of ya .............ummmmmm.........opinions............but you're not quite the objective voice of reason on this one pal. You know...............being a fumbleball zealot and all!!!!!!!! So I'll take this as a comment from said fumbleball zealot!!!!!
and how do YOU take raider's comments that kids play AFL but have no further engagement? Impartial? :drunk:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:04 pm
I’m not talking about a clinic or Auskick. In high schools there are kids playing Aussie rules as part of the school sports programmes. Aside from this, I see many a kid with an afl footy playing Aussie rules ... it’s a big sport on the gc and Brisbane. That’s just a simple fact. There are also afl excellence programme in many schools ... I know of several. So to say it isn’t followed, that kids aren’t into it is simply wrong and I suspect, wishful thinking. There are even schools with afl posts ... but most have the rugby/afl hybrid.
Look Freddo................I don't wanna be dismissive of ya .............ummmmmm.........opinions............but you're not quite the objective voice of reason on this one pal. You know...............being a fumbleball zealot and all!!!!!!!! So I'll take this as a comment from said fumbleball zealot!!!!!
and how do YOU take raider's comments that kids play AFL but have no further engagement? Impartial? :drunk:
Pretty sure he was referring to AFL school visits. Which fumble house then cite as proof "the game is taking off". When in fact the kids couldn't care less and have no further involvement with fumbling.

So no! Not impartial. Just factual.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Just call it as I see it. I’m not sure what the big deal is? If there was nothing at all I would state that... but my observations are that when at schools I see a reasonable amount of Aussie Rules. I’m talking about Gold Coast and south Brisbane so really, I’m not stating anything shocking... more expected I would think. And I’m not saying Aussie rules is the main gig or anything either ???
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:00 pm

Pretty sure he was referring to AFL school visits. Which fumble house then cite as proof "the game is taking off". When in fact the kids couldn't care less and have no further involvement with fumbling.

Maybe read his posts. He was clearly saying kids play AFL in his region but don't follow the sport
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:28 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:00 pm

Maybe read his posts. He was clearly saying kids play AFL in his region but don't follow the sport
Oh................like soccer kids all over Australia lolololololololololol!!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:17 pm
Just call it as I see it. I’m not sure what the big deal is? If there was nothing at all I would state that... but my observations are that when at schools I see a reasonable amount of Aussie Rules. I’m talking about Gold Coast and south Brisbane so really, I’m not stating anything shocking... more expected I would think. And I’m not saying Aussie rules is the main gig or anything either ???
Freddo, what exactly is it that you do at schools to know what kids say and play. I mean you would have to be constantly around them to know these things. Are you a teacher? Janitor? Groundsman?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

None of the above my friend. And I visit regularly enough to see what I see. But part of my work.

I also have 4 kids. 1 who was in afl excellence. 1 track and feild excellence but played Aussie rules in school intra school comp. young girl did Auskick but we don’t count that hey. Oldest girl did play a season or two as well in local comp.

So between watching my kids play, helping out, and work on schools across gc and Brisbane gives me a little insight. And I’m no where near saying Aussie rules is dominating in schools based on my own myopic observations but from these I can certainly say it has a definitive presence in the south east anyway.
Veni, vidi, vici
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

it is the least played sport in QLD of the 4 codes
by a long way
thats the only fact worth noting here

sic em Peter :cool:
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

no .. factually F wit
the TV figures prove it

whadda reckon Pete ? :cool:
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

you're a bubble dweller seeing what you want to see
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 pm

no .. factually F wit
the TV figures prove it

Even if 1000 kids in Canberra play AFL instead of RL, and become invested in the game, that will not be reflected in TV ratings.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:52 pm

no .. factually F wit
the TV figures prove it

Even if 1000 kids in Canberra play AFL instead of RL, and become invested in the game, that will not be reflected in TV ratings.
Are you saying these 1000 kids woul'dnt be Able to work out how to turn on a TV set?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

baselinepanther wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:13 pm
you're a bubble dweller seeing what you want to see

Hmmmm. Well no but anyway. Kids kicking and Aussie rules ball are kids kicking am Aussie rules ball.... unless that peyote had kicked in .....
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:02 pm

no .. factually F wit
the TV figures prove it

Are you saying these 1000 kids woul'dnt be Able to work out how to turn on a TV set?

Even if they did... unless they have a ratings metre box they are not counted in the ratings.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:02 pm

no .. factually F wit
the TV figures prove it

You go with that pussy