Would AFL be better if they got rid of the 2 extra side goals?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Would AFL be better if they got rid of the 2 extra side goals?

Post by Fred »

The point is a marvellous thing in afl that makes the game so enticing to many .... maybe it was inadvertent or maybe by design, but to me it is simple genius. It rewards the dominant team whilst also punishing them. I like it consciously I suspect it adds to others excitement serendipitiesly
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:21 pm
The point is a marvellous thing in afl that makes the game so enticing to many .... maybe it was inadvertent or maybe by design, but to me it is simple genius. It rewards the dominant team whilst also punishing them. I like it consciously I suspect it adds to others excitement serendipitiesly
Nice standup routine Freddo lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very funny!!!!!!!
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 »

Fred wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:21 pm
Fred it adds shit, all it does is reward people for poor kicking skills lol..

I should just expect someone with a really low IQ (like yourself) to think rewarding a miss to be considered as genius :lol: =D
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Guess we will have to disageee.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

It's not quite the advantage some think it is. A behind gives possession back to the opposition which increases their chance of scoring a goal on the rebound
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:33 pm
It's not quite the advantage some think it is. A behind gives possession back to the opposition which increases their chance of scoring a goal on the rebound
Maybe so pal. But surely getting a point for missing is a massive advantage. I mean, no other sport anywhere in the world rewards failure. That is the one true thing the Australian Fumbling League are world leaders at!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:13 pm
Maybe so pal. But surely getting a point for missing is a massive advantage. I mean, no other sport anywhere in the world rewards failure. That is the one true thing the Australian Fumbling League are world leaders at!!!!
You sure about that Terry? In RL you can attempt to score a try and fail up to 6 times without being penalised and losing possession. In cricket you can completely miss the ball and still score runs. You can bowl a long hop and still collect a wicket

Maybe try not to make such uneducated statements in the future, they make you look even more stupid than you are
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 pm
You sure about that Terry? In RL you can attempt to score a try and fail up to 6 times without being penalised and losing possession. In cricket you can completely miss the ball and still score runs. You can bowl a long hop and still collect a wicket

Maybe try not to make such uneducated statements in the future, they make you look even more stupid than you are
Come on pal. Surely you understand this. A set shot at goal that misses is in no way comparable to your lame analogies. In fact I would say that the ultimate in fumbling i.e. kicking a goal is the easiest form of scoring in world sports.

I mean, they can kick it at any height. Set shots. Grubbers. Any height. Anything. The occasional snap off the ground fluke. Easy as pal!!!!! Look at basketball. They gotta put the ball through a hoop hardly bigger than the ball. Soccer: they gotta kick into a goal 7m x 2m. Now that's a skill.

Your lame mob just gotta kick and hope. And if they miss.................they get a point for twying weally weally hard lolololololololol!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:15 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Come on pal. Surely you understand this. A set shot at goal that misses is in no way comparable to your lame analogies. In fact I would say that the ultimate in fumbling i.e. kicking a goal is the easiest form of scoring in world sports.
This old lame duck again. Look Terry, AFL is easy to score, hence it's a high-scoring game. Soccer is hard to score, and guess what, it's a low-scoring game. I know you struggle to understand simple concepts, but the idea is to outscore your opponent, not just score. So whether it's easy or hard to score isnt really relevant.
I mean, they can kick it at any height. Set shots. Grubbers. Any height. Anything. The occasional snap off the ground fluke. Easy as pal!!!!! Look at basketball. They gotta put the ball through a hoop hardly bigger than the ball. Soccer: they gotta kick into a goal 7m x 2m. Now that's a skill.
and if soccer scored 30 goals a game under these conditions you'd have to concede their skill levels were astounding. But they dont. It's hard to score and they score few, and on occasion, no goals.
Your lame mob just gotta kick and hope. And if they miss.................they get a point for twying weally weally hard lolololololololol!!!!!!!
and funny enough, scoring points when your opponent scores goals usually results in a loss. Can you tell me how losing is a reward?