How Easy is it to play AFL??? Very it seems!!!!!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: How Easy is it to play AFL??? Very it seems!!!!!!!

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:05 pm
I've given some thought as to joining my local AFL club . They tell me walking sticks are optional.
I would suggest you wear a helmet, you shouldn’t risk more damage.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Fred (Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 pm)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Scott79
Team: Western bulldogs
Been liked: 0

Post by Scott79 »

Come on Terry, "Un-coordinated, un-skilled, bumbling, stumbling mess of a game!!!!" I see how AFL might confuse or even leave you disorientated, after all your breed came up with NRL!! The skill, co-ordination and mind blowing brilliance it must have taken to come up with that game. Let's find the guys with the shortest necks, line them up on either end of the field and tell them to run directly at each other, maybe we could even add a ball to the game? Seems to have worked for other sports 🤯🤯🤯 " think be happy now, eh"🤤🤤
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 »

AFLs scoring system is a joke.

Kick too high it's a goal.

Kick too low it's a goal.

Miss the goal, you still get a point.

Hit the post you still get a point.

The only sport in the world with goals that have no crossbars.

Then look how high the scoring is. More points are scored in AFL than any other form of football.

Is just so easy to score.

:(/
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:54 am
AFLs scoring system is a joke.

Kick too high it's a goal.

Kick too low it's a goal.

Miss the goal, you still get a point.

Hit the post you still get a point.

The only sport in the world with goals that have no crossbars.

Then look how high the scoring is. More points are scored in AFL than any other form of football.

Is just so easy to score.

:(/
I Will leave your English alone but you need to rethink several of your “points”

Crossbars: several early rules of English football did not have cross bars including the first rules for soccer.
There were many attempts to include crossbars in Victorian Rules from 1860 up until 1933, all failed.
Tasmania did use crossbars for a couple of years when they first adopted Victorian Rules in the 1870.
Points for when ball went behind The goals was introduced in 1897, because, wait for it, scores were too low And resulted in too many draws. Australian rules has only changed its scoring system once since 1858.
How many times has rugby changed its scoring method (because they didn’t work well) and how many ways can you score?
I Know, but it Might be a More positive way to spend your time to do some research.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

So, I've been taking a peak at the Ginats v Freemantle game as I know a kid playing for one of the teams. I gotta say......what an ugly un-skilled piece of s--t!!!!

I mean the whole point of this game is kicking the football. These blokes practice it their whole life. They must kick the thing thousands of times weekly. So why are these so called athletes so incredibly bad at it. It beggars belief.

The score is 9.16 v 2.11. Incredible incompetence. Can our fumbling friends explain how this can happen.
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:01 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:07 pm
So, I've been taking a peak at the Ginats v Freemantle game as I know a kid playing for one of the teams. I gotta say......what an ugly un-skilled piece of s--t!!!!

I mean the whole point of this game is kicking the football. These blokes practice it their whole life. They must kick the thing thousands of times weekly. So why are these so called athletes so incredibly bad at it. It beggars belief.

The score is 9.16 v 2.11. Incredible incompetence. Can our fumbling friends explain how this can happen.
1. Some of the points may not be a missed kick goal, they may be a ball that has punched through by the defence to avoid the chance of a goal.

2. In the AFL there are no dedicated goal kickers. Therefore the 7ft ruckman with average kicking accuracy may kick at goal.

3. A lot of kicks at goal are in general play, while under tackling pressure, with limited time to take care to be accurate. They are low percentage shots. They are not set shots where a player can take time to settle and line up. I've watched a few golden point scenarios in RL where the conversion rate was horrendous.

4. Defensive strategies make it difficult for attacks to get a shot at goal from close range or from straight in front of goal. Therefore a large percentage of shots at goal are from tight angles or at a great distance. Both limit accuracy

5. Pressure. Under game pressure many players kick less accurately than in training conditions

6. Conditions. Wind and rain make accuracy more difficult.

7. It varies from game to game. Basketballers can shoot at 70% in one game and 10% the next. Collingwood and Carlton kicked 29 goals 17 points on Thursday night.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:50 am

1. Some of the points may not be a missed kick goal, they may be a ball that has punched through by the defence to avoid the chance of a goal.

2. In the AFL there are no dedicated goal kickers. Therefore the 7ft ruckman with average kicking accuracy may kick at goal.

3. A lot of kicks at goal are in general play, while under tackling pressure, with limited time to take care to be accurate. They are low percentage shots. They are not set shots where a player can take time to settle and line up. I've watched a few golden point scenarios in RL where the conversion rate was horrendous.

4. Defensive strategies make it difficult for attacks to get a shot at goal from close range or from straight in front of goal. Therefore a large percentage of shots at goal are from tight angles or at a great distance. Both limit accuracy

5. Pressure. Under game pressure many players kick less accurately than in training conditions

7. It varies from game to game. Basketballers can shoot at 70% in one game and 10% the next. Collingwood and Carlton kicked 29 goals 17 points on Thursday night.

8. Whatever excuses you might wanna cite yesterdays mess was an embarrassment to professional sport.

9. Have a great day.
Lookin back (Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:01 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:48 am

8. Whatever excuses you might wanna cite yesterdays mess was an embarrassment to professional sport.

9. Have a great day.
So when you said "Can our fumbling friends explain how this can happen" you actually didnt want a dialogue or explanation, you simply wanted to troll. Good to know for next time when no one bothers engaging in your conversation
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

To play AFL has a lot to do with timing. You have to be standing on a street corner at the exact same moment as an AFL recruitment officer drives past :wink:
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:02 pm)
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:09 am
Terry wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:48 am

9. Have a great day.
So when you said "Can our fumbling friends explain how this can happen" you actually didnt want a dialogue or explanation, you simply wanted to troll. Good to know for next time when no one bothers engaging in your conversation
Pal, you just listed a conga line of excuses. Every game has goals missed from in front or close to it. Conditions, pressure, 7' ruckman ain't gonna cut it. A kid wouldn't miss. Why does the ball skew off the side of the boot?? These blokes kick thousands of balls week after week year after year. They shouldn't miss from straight in front by spewing the ball at 45' angle from where they wanna kick it.

Clearly there is a problem. Maybe low skill level. Maybe lacking in hand/eye coordination. Whatever it is it's incredible in a sport where kicking is everything they could be so bad at it. Repeatedly bad like yesterdays game.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Ok Terry, you go with that.

You see nba basketballers who have horror games with shooting percentages despite practising thousands of shots a week. I remember Embiid going zero from 13 shots last season. Why Terry, why?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:32 pm

You see nba basketballers who have horror games with shooting percentages despite practising thousands of shots a week. I remember Embiid going zero from 13 shots last season. Why Terry, why?
No one or code anywhere is as bad collectively as these fumblers. It beggars belief.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:10 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:32 pm

No one or code anywhere is as bad collectively as these fumblers. It beggars belief.
Got any stat's to back that claim?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Well folks it's happened again!!! A Sydney kid who wasn't good enough to play Shute Shield Rugby at any level let alone Super Rugby has been signed by the Sydney Swans.

The kid has played the mess for less than 2 years. He had no interest in the game until his manager told him to have a crack because it was his only chance at playing professional sport.

And voila..............he's now a Swan lolololololo!!!!!!! How easy is that? This mess of a game is hands down the simplest, easiest non athletic sport in the world!!!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7056&start=45
Lookin back (Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:32 pm)
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Actually a swans academy trainee who was told by his manager that his height, frame and weight would not be advantageous for rugby.
So after 2 years (at least) training the player himself thinks he won’t play until mid way through 2023 at the earliest.
Perhaps no so easy, but does embrace a variety of sizes and shapes because of the variety of skills needed.