Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

well LOL it was your 'night of nights' . Most of your results leading up to that had been pathetic, and to be honest even that one was pretty ordinary. After loosing the majority of your matches head to head last week I think you needed to show something


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

well LOL it was your 'night of nights' . Most of your results leading up to that had been pathetic, and to be honest even that one was pretty ordinary. After loosing the majority of your matches head to head last week I think you needed to show something


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:47 pm well LOL it was your 'night of nights' . Most of your results leading up to that had been pathetic, and to be honest even that one was pretty ordinary. After loosing the majority of your matches head to head last week I think you needed to show something
I can't remember the NRL winning a fta/fox tally during the week. In fact chances are we won last night too


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

I think pussy likes to be selective with ratings and only mention fox rather than total ratings.


Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:16 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:47 pm well LOL it was your 'night of nights' . Most of your results leading up to that had been pathetic, and to be honest even that one was pretty ordinary. After loosing the majority of your matches head to head last week I think you needed to show something
I can't remember the NRL winning a fta/fox tally during the week. In fact chances are we won last night too
You obviously have trouble reading LOL, or is comprehension the problem, or one of them?


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:35 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm No point just reporting fox. Need fta as well.
Well Frederico I've done ya research for ya my friend. I accept your extreme gratitude in anticipation!!!!

Last nights mess was not on FTA in Melbourne town last night. In fact the only place it was FTA was the little desert state of SA. And even there it was only on 7mate where it didn't make the top 20 list & was beaten by ratings juggernauts Peppa Pig, Fireman Sam & Peter Rabbit lololololol!!!!!

So it's actual number is unknown but ya can bet ya last shiny little penny it didn't do great!!!!!! Hope that helps pal!!!!

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership

https://tvblackbox.com.au/ratings/2020/ ... 8a1a0def67
Its not unknown, it rated 80,000 and it did was the #5 show in Adelaide - the only place it was shown. Next time do more research.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:20 pm point 6.) Exactly Leeroy, Fred was waffling on about how good a business man Rupert Murdoch is, yet neglects to tell us why Murdoch chose Rugby League to spearhead his new PTV business. Would seem a strange decision if AFL was a more valuable product.
In large part because AFL clubs were fully franchised with colours and logos owned by the league and had been since 1985, and the league had exclusive arrangements with most major foootball grounds around the country during the winter. Morever the AFL had already lived with the threat of a superleague and proven its ability to adapt to the circumstances in 1986 by expanding, increasing its media rights and licensing incomes, and the introduction of the Independent Commission in 1993.

And I mean sure Rupert bid high only because he hated the NRL Commission, just like the AFL got more the time before that because Packer was trying to screw them on his deathbed and the time before that for some reason, and the time before that because...i dont know but probably superleague related or some bullshit....

Fact is since the late 80s theres only been a 2 year period in the late 90s were the NRL were getting more for their media rights than the AFL.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:34 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:35 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm No point just reporting fox. Need fta as well.
Well Frederico I've done ya research for ya my friend. I accept your extreme gratitude in anticipation!!!!

Last nights mess was not on FTA in Melbourne town last night. In fact the only place it was FTA was the little desert state of SA. And even there it was only on 7mate where it didn't make the top 20 list & was beaten by ratings juggernauts Peppa Pig, Fireman Sam & Peter Rabbit lololololol!!!!!

So it's actual number is unknown but ya can bet ya last shiny little penny it didn't do great!!!!!! Hope that helps pal!!!!

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership

https://tvblackbox.com.au/ratings/2020/ ... 8a1a0def67
Its not unknown, it rated 80,000 and it did was the #5 show in Adelaide - the only place it was shown. Next time do more research.
Thanks for that Wookster! It's sometimes a tad hard to find ratings for the desert state capitals on the secondary channels. But 5th in little Adelaide is something to crow about for sure!


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:41 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:20 pm point 6.) Exactly Leeroy, Fred was waffling on about how good a business man Rupert Murdoch is, yet neglects to tell us why Murdoch chose Rugby League to spearhead his new PTV business. Would seem a strange decision if AFL was a more valuable product.
In large part because AFL clubs were fully franchised with colours and logos owned by the league and had been since 1985, and the league had exclusive arrangements with most major foootball grounds around the country during the winter. Morever the AFL had already lived with the threat of a superleague and proven its ability to adapt to the circumstances in 1986 by expanding, increasing its media rights and licensing incomes, and the introduction of the Independent Commission in 1993.

And I mean sure Rupert bid high only because he hated the NRL Commission, just like the AFL got more the time before that because Packer was trying to screw them on his deathbed and the time before that for some reason, and the time before that because...i dont know but probably superleague related or some bullshit....

Fact is since the late 80s theres only been a 2 year period in the late 90s were the NRL were getting more for their media rights than the AFL.
Thanks for this Wookster! Just for clarity: Rupert didn't over-pay for the AFL's rights simply because he hated the NRL. He was pissed off because Dave Smith made his network secondary when he signed a record deal with 9 including 4 FTA games. It was about business and money. Not hate.

And the only person big Kerry was trying to screw was his broadcast nemesis Kerry Stokes. The NRL and AFL were just pawns. Kerry wanted to break 7 by forcing him to pay 'overs'. Fortunately for your fave sport they were beneficiaries and Stokes didn't go broke. Although 7 is drowning in red ink at the mo.

And superleague.............and who got the best deals...........all speculative my friend!!!! Probably better not to interpret history at this time. Needless to say though Fox has more subscriptions in NSW and Qld than the other states and RL gets Fox's biggest numbers year on year. Rather instructive I would think!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:36 pm)


pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

Wishful thinking Wookie. The ARL was an organisation that Rupert sponsored for years - he hardly hated it! He obviously admired the way it was run and wanted it . And he had a bit more opposition than club colours!, ARL, Packer and Optus all wanted it . And yes, it had taken them Some years to get back on there feet? Naturaly! it was not something that would happen overnight, not just a case of turning the tap back on. But it will be very interesting to see who gets what from Rupert next time.

And a Super League in the AFL - please. Who was it who wanted to take over the AFL?
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:36 pm)


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

2 more head to head wins today. Highest rating PTV game yesterday :cheers:


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

Nine's coverage of RL is deadset rubbish. I watch it every now and then to see if it improves but it just gets worse. Their main commentator's are crap and the specialist commentators just waffle on like they're at a sunday afternoon fete.

Yesterday the 5 city FTA was 273k. Fox beat it with 299K. There is every chance that once Kayo and regional are factored in Fox will still out rate 9 nationally. Surely Huge Marks has gotta shake up the pathetic coverage. It's doing nothing for his network or the game.

Hopefully when it comes time to sell off the FTA rights in a couple of years 7 and 10 will take it over. 9 has had their day.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:58 am 2 more head to head wins today. Highest rating PTV game yesterday :cheers:
Why do you only post pay tv ?


Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:58 am 2 more head to head wins today. Highest rating PTV game yesterday :cheers:
By the looks of it the AFLs single game yesterday afternoon outrated the nrl despite not being shown into SA.

Didnt you say FN is the only time the AFL outrates the NRL?


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:48 pm
pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:58 am 2 more head to head wins today. Highest rating PTV game yesterday :cheers:
Why do you only post pay tv ?

Dunno Freddy........maybe he's comparing pay tv numbers! Just a thought.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests