Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
BrizzyFan12
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by BrizzyFan12 »

All I'm going to say is that nearly every game that's a Foxfooty broadcast is also broadcasted into the states of the teams that are playing. I know many other Lions fans who solely watch foxfooty broadcasts on 7mate and I can imagine that there'd be many others who do the same for their team in their states. It's a very niche category because it's not necessarily FTA nationwide as some might claim but it definitely takes away numbers from the PTV numbers due to the fact that the main demographic of those games being played (that being the fans of said teams) have a completely free alternative rather than buying a subscription to Fox.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

BrizzyFan12 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:09 pm
All I'm going to say is that nearly every game that's a Foxfooty broadcast is also broadcasted into the states of the teams that are playing. I know many other Lions fans who solely watch foxfooty broadcasts on 7mate and I can imagine that there'd be many others who do the same for their team in their states. It's a very niche category because it's not necessarily FTA nationwide as some might claim but it definitely takes away numbers from the PTV numbers due to the fact that the main demographic of those games being played (that being the fans of said teams) have a completely free alternative rather than buying a subscription to Fox.
And this is why the AFL will have no option but to accept a majorly reduced contract on any new rights agreement with Fox.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The only place last nights AFL was on FTA TV was Qld where it was on 7mate. Tragically it didn't make the top 20 list for the night. Unfortunately it was out-rated by blockbuster shows Noddy Toyland, Fireman Sam & Little J and Big Cuz lololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!

We now await sky high fox numbers!!!!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

There out! Small improvement but still below our average

LIVE: AFL RICHMOND V BRISBANE FOX FOOTY

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 am
There out! Small improvement but still below our average

LIVE: AFL RICHMOND V BRISBANE FOX FOOTY
That's a very poor result considering it was prime time and there was no FTA in Melbourne and the desert states. And it was 2nd V 3rd who are the reigning premiers. Very poor indeed!!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:53 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Why do you selectively on report fox ratings? Well I know why - but just pointing this out.

Talk about desperate lol.... but but but -

Do we have the overall figures of people watching.
it's not desperate.
its fox game vs a fox game...
Pussy keeps shoving it up the Murdoch's throat
again why did you pay the AFL more ?

FTA deals between the codes are drastically different.

I think it is desperate. Obviously there is more to what they paid above that is ratings. Not rocket science. What that is I don’t know for sure but an educated guess may be.

1. AFL may have better rating shows around it.

2. AFL provides more content hours.

3. AFL may have a broader demographic

4. AFL may be seen as attracting the desired demographic

5. AFL may have a broader National reach.

6. AFL subscribers, for whatever reason, may be worth more. Maybe the bit larger packages for example when they do commit.

Whatever the reason, one of the most astute businessmen in the world, particularly in the media industry, felt it was worth paying what he did. Not for me to second guess his reason.
my reply to you sir.

1. wrong.. some of the NRL shows including matty johns are the highest rating shows, including super saturday programming.

2. AFL games do provide more content hours, but if you look at it from an advertsing point of view..
FOX FOOTY is advert free during play..
so extra adverts for breaks, yes AFL get the tick there.

3. Yes FOXTEL TOOK a PUNT to try and lift subs and get watching AFL> while there was a lift it didnt match the Rugby League.

4. useless point.

5. yes they do, which would help with advertising. but does not make up the extra amount received.

6. absolute wrong, NSW is the King for packages.

(summary) as we have seen FTA hurts the FOX deal...

AFL has a better FTA coverage deal than NRL>

and this is where it will hurt FOX's Next deal.

more value in NRL for FOX than AFL>>

Fact!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:45 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:53 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40 pm

it's not desperate.
its fox game vs a fox game...
Pussy keeps shoving it up the Murdoch's throat
again why did you pay the AFL more ?

FTA deals between the codes are drastically different.

I think it is desperate. Obviously there is more to what they paid above that is ratings. Not rocket science. What that is I don’t know for sure but an educated guess may be.

1. AFL may have better rating shows around it.

2. AFL provides more content hours.

3. AFL may have a broader demographic

4. AFL may be seen as attracting the desired demographic

5. AFL may have a broader National reach.

6. AFL subscribers, for whatever reason, may be worth more. Maybe the bit larger packages for example when they do commit.

Whatever the reason, one of the most astute businessmen in the world, particularly in the media industry, felt it was worth paying what he did. Not for me to second guess his reason.
my reply to you sir.

1. wrong.. some of the NRL shows including matty johns are the highest rating shows, including super saturday programming.

2. AFL games do provide more content hours, but if you look at it from an advertsing point of view..
FOX FOOTY is advert free during play..
so extra adverts for breaks, yes AFL get the tick there.

3. Yes FOXTEL TOOK a PUNT to try and lift subs and get watching AFL> while there was a lift it didnt match the Rugby League.

4. useless point.

5. yes they do, which would help with advertising. but does not make up the extra amount received.

6. absolute wrong, NSW is the King for packages.

(summary) as we have seen FTA hurts the FOX deal...

AFL has a better FTA coverage deal than NRL>

and this is where it will hurt FOX's Next deal.

more value in NRL for FOX than AFL>>

Fact!
point 6.) Exactly Leeroy, Fred was waffling on about how good a business man Rupert Murdoch is, yet neglects to tell us why Murdoch chose Rugby League to spearhead his new PTV business. Would seem a strange decision if AFL was a more valuable product.
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:26 pm)

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

LIVE: AFL ADELAIDE V MELBOURNE FOX FOOTY

LIVE: AFL GEELONG V NORTH MELBOURNE FOX FOOTY

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Souths v Broncos 762,000
Nine 514,000 (Metro 301,000 Regional 213,000) Only 126k for the Br0ncos in Brisbane LOL
Fox League 248,000

Essendon v Giants 911,000
Seven 722,000 (Metro 543,000 Regional 179,000)
Fox Footy 189,000

Another whipping
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

well LOL it was your 'night of nights' . Most of your results leading up to that had been pathetic, and to be honest even that one was pretty ordinary. After loosing the majority of your matches head to head last week I think you needed to show something

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

well LOL it was your 'night of nights' . Most of your results leading up to that had been pathetic, and to be honest even that one was pretty ordinary. After loosing the majority of your matches head to head last week I think you needed to show something

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:47 pm
I can't remember the NRL winning a fta/fox tally during the week. In fact chances are we won last night too
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think pussy likes to be selective with ratings and only mention fox rather than total ratings.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:16 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:47 pm
I can't remember the NRL winning a fta/fox tally during the week. In fact chances are we won last night too
You obviously have trouble reading LOL, or is comprehension the problem, or one of them?

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:34 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:35 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm
No point just reporting fox. Need fta as well.
Well Frederico I've done ya research for ya my friend. I accept your extreme gratitude in anticipation!!!!

Last nights mess was not on FTA in Melbourne town last night. In fact the only place it was FTA was the little desert state of SA. And even there it was only on 7mate where it didn't make the top 20 list & was beaten by ratings juggernauts Peppa Pig, Fireman Sam & Peter Rabbit lololololol!!!!!

So it's actual number is unknown but ya can bet ya last shiny little penny it didn't do great!!!!!! Hope that helps pal!!!!

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership

https://tvblackbox.com.au/ratings/2020/ ... 8a1a0def67
Its not unknown, it rated 80,000 and it did was the #5 show in Adelaide - the only place it was shown. Next time do more research.
Thanks for that Wookster! It's sometimes a tad hard to find ratings for the desert state capitals on the secondary channels. But 5th in little Adelaide is something to crow about for sure!