Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:42 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:29 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:00 pm

How's this pal??? After Melbourne went into lockdown the overall TV ratings went up around 10-15% immediately. I suspect they've gone up more since mid July and will undoubtedly go up more again now dictator Dan has gone all Police State.

I suspect you will now revert to head in the sand deny, deny, deny!!!!!

Over to you pal!!!!!!!

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/07/is-mel ... kdown.html
nice work Terry :salute:

So 10% of Melbourne's average 350k rating is 35k.
Good on ya pal.........right on cue..........idiocy lololol!!!!!!! You ask for proof supported by figures. I understand you don't have the wherewithal to do a very very complicated thing like a google search lololololol!!!!!!!!!! So I do it for ya and supply the figures & proof..........So.......now what's the matter pal??????

It's deadset like dealing with a 10 year old kid!!!! Never happy! Always tantrums!! Can't do anything for themselves. What else can I help with ya with pal? Join the dots? Paint by numbers? Organise a treasure hunt?? SSSShhhhhhheeeeeessssshshhhhhhhhh!!!!!
So you dont think we are allowed to ask someone who makes a claim to prove it? :hmm:

Good to know. Thanks :salute:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:16 pm
pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:43 am
NRL: STORM V KNIGHTS FOX LEAGUE 265,000 (4pm) [gold]
AFL FREMANTLE V COLLINGWOOD FOX FOOTY 228,000 (6.10pm) [silver]

NRL DOGS v EELS FOX LEAGUE 181,000 (2pm) [gold]
AFL GOLD COAST V GWS FOX FOOTY 152,000 (3.35pm) [silver]

NrL = 446k
AFL = 380k

:rock: But, But, But :rock: But, But, But :rock: But, But, But And the dance goes on
Why do you selectively on report fox ratings? Well I know why - but just pointing this out.

Talk about desperate lol.... but but but -

Do we have the overall figures of people watching.

How the fark are these serlective????

No i dont . But overall they would have favoured the AFL. Because the AFL had 5 FTA games and the NRL had3 , AFL 9 PTV games the NRL 8.

All matches were shown in isolation this week and scheduling was similar . So those myths are :rock:
as has already been mentioned, the NRL have a greater viewing audience on pay TV, most likely due to higher subscription rates in NSW and QLD. But when games are available to all viewers on FTA the AFL usually blitzes the NRL
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:29 pm

nice work Terry :salute:

So 10% of Melbourne's average 350k rating is 35k.
Good on ya pal.........right on cue..........idiocy lololol!!!!!!! You ask for proof supported by figures. I understand you don't have the wherewithal to do a very very complicated thing like a google search lololololol!!!!!!!!!! So I do it for ya and supply the figures & proof..........So.......now what's the matter pal??????

It's deadset like dealing with a 10 year old kid!!!! Never happy! Always tantrums!! Can't do anything for themselves. What else can I help with ya with pal? Join the dots? Paint by numbers? Organise a treasure hunt?? SSSShhhhhhheeeeeessssshshhhhhhhhh!!!!!
So you dont think we are allowed to ask someone who makes a claim to prove it? :hmm:

Geez pal, it sure is hard to get through to you!!!!! You asked.........I then provided proof of said claim. You came back with some incoherent idiocy that Bletchley Park wouldn't be able to decipher.

So.............read this slowly pal.................Yes, you can ask for proof. But when you are given said proof you should comment on it rather than rant in-comprehensibly. Shheesshhhh!!!! It's like teaching remedial 4th class english lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40 pm

NrL = 446k
AFL = 380k

:rock: But, But, But :rock: But, But, But :rock: But, But, But And the dance goes on
Why do you selectively on report fox ratings? Well I know why - but just pointing this out.

it's not desperate.
its fox game vs a fox game...
Pussy keeps shoving it up the Murdoch's throat
again why did you pay the AFL more ?

FTA deals between the codes are drastically different.

I think it is desperate. Obviously there is more to what they paid above that is ratings. Not rocket science. What that is I don’t know for sure but an educated guess may be.

1. AFL may have better rating shows around it.

2. AFL provides more content hours.

3. AFL may have a broader demographic

4. AFL may be seen as attracting the desired demographic

5. AFL may have a broader National reach.

6. AFL subscribers, for whatever reason, may be worth more. Maybe the bit larger packages for example when they do commit.

Whatever the reason, one of the most astute businessmen in the world, particularly in the media industry, felt it was worth paying what he did. Not for me to second guess his reason.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm

NrL = 446k
AFL = 380k

How the fark are these serlective????

No i dont . But overall they would have favoured the AFL. Because the AFL had 5 FTA games and the NRL had3 , AFL 9 PTV games the NRL 8.

All matches were shown in isolation this week and scheduling was similar . So those myths are :rock:

So which code was watched more this week ? You know... cumulative
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:53 pm

it's not desperate.

I think it is desperate. Obviously there is more to what they paid above that is ratings. Not rocket science. What that is I don’t know for sure but an educated guess may be.

6. AFL subscribers, for whatever reason, may be worth more. Maybe the bit larger packages for example when they do commit.

Whatever the reason, one of the most astute businessmen in the world, particularly in the media industry, felt it was worth paying what he did. Not for me to second guess his reason.
Freddo:

1. Wrong!
2. Wrong!
3. Wrong!
4. Wrong!
5. Wrong!
6 Wrong!

Rupie paid more last deal because he was pissed off Dave Smith gave preference to ch 9 with 4 FTA games per week. Doubling the previous FTA games on 9. Rupie had to pay Nine to buy the Saturday game off 'em. He weren't a happy media mogul!!!!!

It pissed him off so much he paid overs for the fumbling mess as an up you to Smith. Facts are always a handy instrument Freddo. They kinda beat an educated guess every time lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:46 pm

Geez pal, it sure is hard to get through to you!!!!! You asked.........I then provided proof of said claim. You came back with some incoherent idiocy that Bletchley Park wouldn't be able to decipher.

So.............read this slowly pal.................Yes, you can ask for proof. But when you are given said proof you should comment on it rather than rant in-comprehensibly. Shheesshhhh!!!! It's like teaching remedial 4th class english lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!
I said well done Terry for finding evidence, then noted the percentage increase would be pretty small in the greater scheme of things. If you cant understand that how am I to blame? :[]
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:07 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:46 pm

I said well done Terry for finding evidence, then noted the percentage increase would be pretty small in the greater scheme of things. If you cant understand that how am I to blame? :[]
Good on ya pal. One of ya best posts =D =D =D =D !!!!!! Coherent. Structured syntax. Congrats!!!!!! So......now you acknowledge the numbers have indeed gone up due to Melbourne's lockdown but you think the increase is small. Ok...............I think tv exec's would be doing doing hand stands if all their programs went up 10 to 15%!!! In fact I'm 100% certain of it.

And the proof I provided was only a couple of days after the level 3 lockdown. I suspect the increase is now much more. And now with Dictator Dan closing the joint down completely they'll go up again.

Again.....well done pal!! I hope this standard remains!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 pm
And the proof I provided was only a couple of days after the level 3 lockdown. I suspect the increase is now much more. And now with Dictator Dan closing the joint down completely they'll go up again.
got any proof of this? :afro:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 pm
got any proof of this? :afro:
Wow!!!!!!! Now ya adding humour to your repertoire pal!!!!! Tremendous stuff!!!! Please keep this level going. This is a real lift in standards!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Another Fizzer last night! But, But, But

LIVE: AFL PORT ADELAIDE V BULLDOGS FOX FOOTY

But, But, But :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

No point just reporting fox. Need fta as well.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 pm

it's not desperate.

Freddo:

1. Wrong!
2. Wrong!
3. Wrong!
4. Wrong!
5. Wrong!
6 Wrong!

Rupie paid more last deal because he was pissed off Dave Smith gave preference to ch 9 with 4 FTA games per week. Doubling the previous FTA games on 9. Rupie had to pay Nine to buy the Saturday game off 'em. He weren't a happy media mogul!!!!!

It pissed him off so much he paid overs for the fumbling mess as an up you to Smith. Facts are always a handy instrument Freddo. They kinda beat an educated guess every time lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly.... who are you to say I am wrong? Seriously... stay in your lane. You saying it is wrong does not make it so. Don’t confuse opinion with fact.

Secondly.... what I have postulated is simply possibilities .... not facts. Learn to read. Reasons why they may have paid more.

Thirdly.... you think one of the worlds top media moguls does deals on grievances ...... stupid stupid statement.

Fourthly.... you should know better than to challenge me. I’ll let you off normally and going light on you here.... but know your limits and your station in life PAL .....
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:03 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Freddo:

1. Wrong!
2. Wrong!
3. Wrong!
4. Wrong!
5. Wrong!
6 Wrong!

Firstly.... who are you to say I am wrong? Seriously... stay in your lane. You saying it is wrong does not make it so. Don’t confuse opinion with fact.

Secondly.... what I have postulated is simply possibilities .... not facts. Learn to read. Reasons why they may have paid more.

Thirdly.... you think one of the worlds top media moguls does deals on grievances ...... stupid stupid statement.

Fourthly.... you should know better than to challenge me. I’ll let you off normally and going light on you here.... but know your limits and your station in life PAL .....
Ah Freddy ol boyo lolololololololololol!!!!!!!!! You've gone all stand up comedian lololololoololololol!!!!!!!!!!! Great routine pal................. ROFL!!!!!!! I think you've found your niche in life my friend lololololololololol. Can we have some more please???????

Now back to reality: Here's a couple of beautifully articulated articles once again proving my point that Rupie spat the dum dum at RL and paid 'overs' for the last fumbling broadcast deal. It's common knowledge my friend. No serious analyst or commentator thinks differently.

Now: lets get back to the comedy Freddo............whatayagot pal lolololololololol???????????

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/smith-exits ... al-is-done

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/inside ... j2ajg.html
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm
No point just reporting fox. Need fta as well.
Well Frederico I've done ya research for ya my friend. I accept your extreme gratitude in anticipation!!!!

Last nights mess was not on FTA in Melbourne town last night. In fact the only place it was FTA was the little desert state of SA. And even there it was only on 7mate where it didn't make the top 20 list & was beaten by ratings juggernauts Peppa Pig, Fireman Sam & Peter Rabbit lololololol!!!!!

So it's actual number is unknown but ya can bet ya last shiny little penny it didn't do great!!!!!! Hope that helps pal!!!!

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership

https://tvblackbox.com.au/ratings/2020/ ... 8a1a0def67