Sydney AFL going down the gurgler - and quick!!!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Sydney AFL going down the gurgler - and quick!!!!!

Post by leagueiscrap »

Sirasputin wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:18 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm
Sirasputin wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:41 am

C'mon .... cairns is not an AFL town. Every cairns native I've spoken to is a diehard cowboys fan.
No one is claiming cairns is an afl town it’s an even spread

Clownsville is a nrlol town
Lol you think cairns is 50/50? I'd love to have what you're smoking lol
there is several strong local leagues of afl in cairns as proof it has a large following :wave:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Sirasputin
Team: Canterbury Bulldogs
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Sirasputin »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:01 pm
Sirasputin wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:18 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm

No one is claiming cairns is an afl town it’s an even spread

Clownsville is a nrlol town
Lol you think cairns is 50/50? I'd love to have what you're smoking lol
there is several strong local leagues of afl in cairns as proof it has a large following :wave:
It's not a AFL town champ... the way Aussies rules types treat indigenous people is a big issue for AFL up there. No one respects sheila' s footy up there
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

They don’t like the aflw? There’s a least a league in the town for Aussie rules I guess which is good. The game is actually played in the region.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

I see both Sydney fumbling teams are going down the gurgler this year. Both lost today. I didn't watch the dual mess' as I find it un-watchable but geez they seem to be struggling.

I will keep an eye on it and report back after I do my usual research and fact based reporting. On face value............in this year of C-19 Gilty and the boyo's are gonna have a big job punching $$$$$$$$$$ into the educated northern markets to try to keep the Australian Fumbling League relevant.

It's a big job with any ugly product!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

apparently Swans could of had 10k yesterday, looked nothing like that.

But i will give them the benefit of the doubt, no many people are turning up
even if they can during these times.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:37 pm
I see both Sydney fumbling teams are going down the gurgler this year. Both lost today. I didn't watch the dual mess' as I find it un-watchable but geez they seem to be struggling.

I will keep an eye on it and report back after I do my usual research and fact based reporting. On face value............in this year of C-19 Gilty and the boyo's are gonna have a big job punching $$$$$$$$$$ into the educated northern markets to try to keep the Australian Fumbling League relevant.

Update please.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:05 am

Update please.

Thanks pal. I'm thrilled that you follow my work so closely.

At the time of this beautifully written post the Sydney fumblers were indeed going down the gurgler. It would appear that since then they made something of a comeback. The Swanelles apparently limped into the finals but were then dumped on their heads in the first week of finals. So they're done. Finished. Goooooone for '23!!!!! Update given!!

Now, it was a tad harder to find any info on the fumbling Ginats. But after some painstaking investigative journalism I found a mention of them buried deep into the sporting section of the Sydney DT. In fact they were 11 pages in. Just past the horserace gossip column "Inside Mail". Yep, it seems they've made a mark on the harbour city lololololololol!!!!! A very very small one.

The article was titled "GWS army on the march". Wow thought I!!! They've got an army. They must be on the march. Alas and alak it seems the 'army' consists of "100 fans decked out in orange at the ......Archer Hotel Adelaide"! It seems the 'army' is a few dozen family and friends of the players lololololol!!!! In a city of 5M people the Ginats 'army' is exactly 100 people big lolololoololol!!!!! Exciting times!!!

The article then spoke of 'army members Matt and Heidi. They are 'passionate' supporters. But is transpires they moved from Melbon to Sydney and now follow the Ginats. Yep, they're Melbonites. Born and bred fumble followers. It seems the GWS experiment is going gang busters in western Sydney lolololol!!!

The article then said all the 'army' seem to know each other. Which isn't hard in such a tiny group of ex Melbonites and family of the playering group lolololololol.

And so it seems they play in a preliminary final this weekend against the Dentists dream team Collingham!!!! And good luck to them and their 100 'army' members lolololololol!!!!!!!

So, there's ya update pal. Hope that helps. And GO the Ginats and their..........ummmm............'army' lolololololololol!!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:34 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:05 am

Update please.

Thanks pal. I'm thrilled that you follow my work so closely.

At the time of this beautifully written post the Sydney fumblers were indeed going down the gurgler. It would appear that since then they made something of a comeback. The Swanelles apparently limped into the finals but were then dumped on their heads in the first week of finals. So they're done. Finished. Goooooone for '23!!!!! Update given!!

Now, it was a tad harder to find any info on the fumbling Ginats. But after some painstaking investigative journalism I found a mention of them buried deep into the sporting section of the Sydney DT. In fact they were 11 pages in. Just past the horserace gossip column "Inside Mail". Yep, it seems they've made a mark on the harbour city lololololololol!!!!! A very very small one.

The article was titled "GWS army on the march". Wow thought I!!! They've got an army. They must be on the march. Alas and alak it seems the 'army' consists of "100 fans decked out in orange at the ......Archer Hotel Adelaide"! It seems the 'army' is a few dozen family and friends of the players lololololol!!!! In a city of 5M people the Ginats 'army' is exactly 100 people big lolololoololol!!!!! Exciting times!!!

The article then spoke of 'army members Matt and Heidi. They are 'passionate' supporters. But is transpires they moved from Melbon to Sydney and now follow the Ginats. Yep, they're Melbonites. Born and bred fumble followers. It seems the GWS experiment is going gang busters in western Sydney lolololol!!!

The article then said all the 'army' seem to know each other. Which isn't hard in such a tiny group of ex Melbonites and family of the playering group lolololololol.

And so it seems they play in a preliminary final this weekend against the Dentists dream team Collingham!!!! And good luck to them and their 100 'army' members lolololololol!!!!!!!

So, there's ya update pal. Hope that helps. And GO the Ginats and their..........ummmm............'army' lolololololololol!!!!!
The gurgler get stuck in someones throat?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Skippy Steve
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Skippy Steve »

You must have choked on your pop corn when you read that article about the Giants. It must have hurt for you to find out that they are taking over in your neighbourhood, hey. Oh, and gee, your spelling is shocking. I guess it is not your fault that you only have a 6th grade education there. At lease, we can get the general idea of what you are trying to say. So for a quick recap, you are jealous of the Giants in Sydney.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Skippy Steve wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:34 pm
You must have choked on your pop corn when you read that article about the Giants. It must have hurt for you to find out that they are taking over in your neighbourhood, hey. Oh, and gee, your spelling is shocking. I guess it is not your fault that you only have a 6th grade education there. At lease, we can get the general idea of what you are trying to say. So for a quick recap, you are jealous of the Giants in Sydney.
Not quite, Son of Bummy, ya poor dill. I did almost choke on my laughter at the Ginats ''army" of 100 people though lololololol!!!!!! If that's taking over I'd hate to see what failure is. An "army" of 1 maybe lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!

In any case keep up the repartee pal. As feeble as it is it's helping to revitalise this site. It was a dead zone until I made my offer to beatup to buy it. It seems that has got the joint moving again. Imagine what would happen if beatup actually engaged with me and handed over the keys. The sky would be the limit.

Keep it going pal. And keep morale high!!!!
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

the Midgets ?

or the 1%ers as I call them

a survey of children under the age of 16 conducted in Western Sydney in 2022 were asked what sport they play

1% said .. the fumbles & stumbles :shock:

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

yep
Sydney derpball is heading down the S bend
& even if these plastic orange ... could fit all their supporters in a phone box ... clowns make the aflol GF

it will mean naught
just like it did in 2019 :cool:
Skippy Steve
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Skippy Steve »

The Sydney Swans have again topped the annual Roy Morgan AFL supporter ladder as the only club with over 1 million supporters. The Swans now have 1,344,000 supporters, an increase of 209,000 supporters (+18.4%) on a year ago according to the 2023 annual Roy Morgan AFL club supporters survey – the largest increase of any AFL club over the last 12 months.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Skippy Steve wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:13 pm
The Sydney Swans have again topped the annual Roy Morgan AFL supporter ladder as the only club with over 1 million supporters. The Swans now have 1,344,000 supporters, an increase of 209,000 supporters (+18.4%) on a year ago according to the 2023 annual Roy Morgan AFL club supporters survey – the largest increase of any AFL club over the last 12 months.
but

they can't outrate pepper pig in their home city on TV 8-[

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Skippy Steve
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Skippy Steve »

Yeah, AFL, fans are not at home watching Pepper pig like you are. They actually go to the games.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Skippy Steve wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:34 pm
Yeah, AFL, fans are not at home watching Pepper pig like you are. They actually go to the games.
not in the normal part of the country they aren't cockhead :cool: