AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Quolls2019 »

Anglophile
You must have the amazing ability to see things that are not there.
My post had nothing to do with your reply.
Regarding your Eddie reference, I thought he was treated incredibly leniently at that time.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:14 pm
Anglophile
You must have the amazing ability to see things that are not there.
My post had nothing to do with your reply.
Regarding your Eddie reference, I thought he was treated incredibly leniently at that time.
Thought your post might be related to topic - don't know why?
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Anglophile

My response was to the following, which was in this topic....your understanding and comprehension does not seem to have improved over the break.

“”NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times
Report Quote Quote Likes
Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Fred wrote: ↑Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am
“Essendon have a very strong connection to the Tiwi islands with many aboriginal players coming from there. Sheedy went on a personal crusade to develop and recruit in the 80s. As very strong on Aussie rules there. And rather than just have one team that apparently if your aboriginal you support ... the afl teams again reflect the community that supports them and aboriginal people support many teams. Not sure why they should support one?”

“Fred clutching at straws with an Island that has a few thousand people that likely has no interest in AFL”
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 pm
TO be fair, RL doesn't have a very strong presence re: local leagues and clubs etc. outside NSW and qLD - although NT in areas it does okay.
Don't forget New Zealand, a country with has 4.8 million people and had the number one RL team in the world.

A country which AFL has no presence and cancelled AFL exhibition matches early due to such low interest.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 pm
Australian rules is the most popular sport in the Tiwi islands.

It has strong female and male senior leagues with several junior leagues.
Rugby league has no competition there.
You guys make me laugh. You know what the population of the Tiwi Islands is?
2579 people live there :lol:

How many leagues can you have with a population like that? :mrgreen:

Where's that Tiwi Islands national AFL team playing Australia? :lol:

This is what you call real Islanders support.
Samoa VS Tonga RL

Something AFL will never have.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:35 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:15 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:19 pm
I see lots reported for the nrl ? Strange?

You have yo remember the afl is Aussie rules states is supported by a broad cross section of society ... no “class” distinctions that are traditionally associated with rl and ru divide.
A broad cross section of society where nearly all the supporters are white.

Hence the huge problems with racism in AFL.
The NRL would not have even a quarter of the amount of racist incidents as AFL.
An indigenous player has never been regularly racially by vilified in the NRL like Adam Goodes was in the AFL..

Also show me a team in the AFL followed by the Indigenous community like South's are?
None of the AFL teams have that connection with the Aboriginals.

Who do you think those raised in Aussie rules states follow. That is the staple everyone is brought up on. Soccer is present for sure and you have a decent enough following there but most soccer supporters would still follow afl or a team. Rl and ru are virtually none existent and even those would have it as a second team (Storm) in Melbourne. So supporters of afl are the society/community by and large and mirror that. In the 2 rugby states you have traditionally had that code divide that doesn’t exist in afl states. With afl or Aussie rules now adding into this it seems this same thinking is being applied.

Imagine there was only rl in nsw for instance.... that’s it... everyone grows up on the one game. Sure there is soccer as there is now but imagine that is it. Well that’s how it is for afl.

You seem to think because islander people do not follow or play afl in the numbers they do the rugby codes that it is all white.

How many indigenous Africans playing nrl at the moment ?
Fred making assumptions with no idea as usual.. Not everyone who is into Rugby League/Union or Soccer in southern states is going to have an AFL team.
Cricket is Australia's national summer sport. Do you think I care about cricket what so ever? Nope. Never watch it, never care for it.

State of Origin got a bigger crowd in Melbourne than every AFL game ever to be played in NSW & Qld. Not once but TWICE!
Had a record crowd when it was played in Perth too.
So to say there is no interest for RL in Southern States is just another Fred false assumption.

Fred a bit of education for you. Africans are not indigenous in Australia. :lol: =D

Are you getting confused with Aboriginals and Africans? :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think you missed my point or truely do not know how little rugby league is in the public consciousness in south Australia Western Australia, tassie and Victoria. The storm make some noise and get some coverage and SoO people like to tune into as a marquee event. But ask who they support in vic people may say storm as that’s all there is .... but not really know the game ... in the other states mentioned you’d be pushed. Look at how many clubs play in the one... yes that’s right, league in the state. There is just minimal presence in public - schools, parks etc. but people are bought up on aussie rules. Soccer does have a presence indeed however I would say most would have an afl team and likely been to a game etc. I would be very surprised if there were that many people who follow rl or ru exclusively unless they came to the state at an older age. Even Cameron Smith”s son plays Aussie rules ... cause that’s it really and soccer. If all your mates are playing soccer or Aussie rules with either rugby non existent really ... then you play those sports. Smith said he would have loved his son to play rl but his son didn’t want to. The rl would love to have the presence in all non afl states that Aussie rules has I. Qld and nsw. I really do not think you grasp how small rl is in Victoria and even less on other afl states. It is so small... I think ru is probably bigger. More people are playing baseball and hockey than rl.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I say indigenous Africans to delineate between them and white South Africans ??? You do know what indigenious means don’t you? Fuck me
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Soo is a marquee event and would get a crowd. If the nba or mlb played in Melbourne ... just a standard game let alone say a play off ... it would also sell out. People know of rl of course.... if they had soo week in week out ... crowds obviously would not be the same.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think the landscape has changed somewhat with players being very vocal.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:41 pm
I think you missed my point or truely do not know how little rugby league is in the public consciousness in south Australia Western Australia, tassie and Victoria. The storm make some noise and get some coverage and SoO people like to tune into as a marquee event. But ask who they support in vic people may say storm as that’s all there is .... but not really know the game ... in the other states mentioned you’d be pushed. Look at how many clubs play in the one... yes that’s right, league in the state. There is just minimal presence in public - schools, parks etc. but people are bought up on aussie rules. Soccer does have a presence indeed however I would say most would have an afl team and likely been to a game etc. I would be very surprised if there were that many people who follow rl or ru exclusively unless they came to the state at an older age. Even Cameron Smith”s son plays Aussie rules ... cause that’s it really and soccer. If all your mates are playing soccer or Aussie rules with either rugby non existent really ... then you play those sports. Smith said he would have loved his son to play rl but his son didn’t want to. The rl would love to have the presence in all non afl states that Aussie rules has I. Qld and nsw. I really do not think you grasp how small rl is in Victoria and even less on other afl states. It is so small... I think ru is probably bigger. More people are playing baseball and hockey than rl.
Fred having another brain fart with baseball. I made a total dickhead out of you with that argument before lol..
Don't you remember? You ran away with your tail between your legs.
Came up with no tv coverage.
No media coverage.
No video coverage.
No evidence.

Fred AFL can't even get shown on the main channels in NSW and Qld. Do you really think it is so popular here when 99% of matches are shown on 7mate?

The top rating radio station that covers news & sport in NSW (2GB) only covers NRL matches.

AFL has pretty much a minimal presence here too. Even the papers. AFL is always at the back of about 15 pages of league & union in the Telegraph.

You can use the marquee event excuse as much as you like.

But the fact Origin got a bigger crowd than every AFL game ever played in NSW or QLD twice really shows there is more interest than you say.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I could post all the media again, the number of leagues, the number of players But what’s the point ... f you didn’t take notice then not sure you would now. Storm get done coverage but as far as the game being played on the community... it’s basically nothing for rl and baseball far outstrips it. And just about any other sport almost. There’s like 13 clubs in the whole state mate. Aussie rules is a giant in comparison in nsw and qld. Do I also need to post the number of leagues in Sydney area alone? Let along the state.

Agree that it’s got a long way to go in qld and when we get it regularly on the main channel ... along with corresponding footy shows... that is when the afl has really embedded ... it’s not there .... yet. But look at precedent it is in both states ...clubs, players it is quite entrenched.... and growing. I live on the Gold Coast and they have ran out of ovals and requesting more be built.

The rl would love rl to be a tenth as orevelamt in Victoria. At least they have storm in Victoria ...this gives storm some coverage in the media ... and lucky they are so successful .... in other afl states they don’t even have that. Google rl in south Australia ...
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:12 pm
I could post all the media again, the number of leagues, the number of players But what’s the point ... f you didn’t take notice then not sure you would now. Storm get done coverage but as far as the game being played on the community... it’s basically nothing for rl and baseball far outstrips it. And just about any other sport almost. There’s like 13 clubs in the whole state mate. Aussie rules is a giant in comparison in nsw and qld. Do I also need to post the number of leagues in Sydney area alone? Let along the state.

Agree that it’s got a long way to go in qld and when we get it regularly on the main channel ... along with corresponding footy shows... that is when the afl has really embedded ... it’s not there .... yet. But look at precedent it is in both states ...clubs, players it is quite entrenched.... and growing. I live on the Gold Coast and they have ran out of ovals and requesting more be built.

The rl would love rl to be a tenth as orevelamt in Victoria. At least they have storm in Victoria ...this gives storm some coverage in the media ... and lucky they are so successful .... in other afl states they don’t even have that. Google rl in south Australia ...
Freddy 'ol boy...............South Australia is a nothing pal. It's like a pimple on an elephant!!!!! It don't count. It's 99.9% desert. WA ditto. The only states that count in good 'ol OZ are NSW, Qld and the infected state of Vicvirusia!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 am
Fred wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Freddy 'ol boy...............South Australia is a nothing pal. It's like a pimple on an elephant!!!!! It don't count. It's 99.9% desert. WA ditto. The only states that count in good 'ol OZ are NSW, Qld and the infected state of Vicvirusia!!!!!!
SA population = 1.7mil

Canberra population = 400k
Townsville population = 180k
Newcastle population = 323k
Goldcoast population = 540k

So SA is more populated than 4 of the NRL's heartland cities.

Not your smartest post there Terry :lol: