The AFL Puts On A Brave Face!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The AFL Puts On A Brave Face!

Post by NlolRL »

Fred wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm
You guys are the one that keeps banging on also. You both obviously disagree or have different points of view. If you both keep bringing it up then the other is going to counter this with their view. You do it from both sides. Each thinking the other is wrong and they are right.
Bingo. When pussy-cat comes and crops on about AFL ratings on Saturday without acknowledging the context it warrants a response. This then instigates a response. That's what this forum is for
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

in my opinion I think the AFL Schedule offers the best for the Fans and the Tv Broadcaster.

the AFL also think so and have aligned them this way...

however FOX are starting to think it is not good for them >>> which you are seeing

(NRL has disadvantages in advertising in games,so it aligns it self more with FOX
to get more money for exclusive games, as they dont need adverts as much as FTA

However AFL games suits FTA tv where it gets alot more advertising...

SIMPLE!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm
in my opinion I think the AFL Schedule offers the best for the Fans and the Tv Broadcaster.

the AFL also think so and have aligned them this way...

however FOX are starting to think it is not good for them >>> which you are seeing

(NRL has disadvantages in advertising in games,so it aligns it self more with FOX
to get more money for exclusive games, as they dont need adverts as much as FTA

However AFL games suits FTA tv where it gets alot more advertising...

SIMPLE!
but members here are using these TV ratings figures to quantify and compare popularity, not advertising dollars. Furthermore, NRL fans claim popularity can be shown using the tally of an entire season's ratings, completely ignoring scheduling, or length of telecasts.

Obviously you agree, fox arent overly happy with the deal they get from the AFL because 1. there's less incentive for AFL fans in states other than Victoria to subscribe, and 2. close to none of the AFL games are exclusive to fox. There is almost always a FTA simulcast.

So not only are AFL ratings on fox diluted by concurrent scheduling, they are disadvantaged by more content (50% more telecast time than the NRL), and there are less AFL fans subscribed to Fox than NRL fans. So how can we expect fox ratings to be an accurate measure of popularity for a single game let alone an entire season tally? At least FTA ratings are available to everyone
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

If there is any less incentive for fumbler to get PTV its because they have greater access to the higher rating FTA. Yet you still come 2nd??? why???

And if your weekly layout of matches is of such great concern then why is it that they don't change it??? Could it be they think there doing better this way? ..Maybe you could take over as CEO , maybe then they might finish with the bronze medal, or out of the medals altogether. So maybe not.

Its one excuse after another. Talk about someone not being able to see the forest for the treee's :-k #-o
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:06 pm)
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nailed it PC .
The same old tired excuses trotted out .
Lol reality is a burden that some fumblers just can't face
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:03 am
If there is any less incentive for fumbler to get PTV its because they have greater access to the higher rating FTA. Yet you still come 2nd??? why???

And if your weekly layout of matches is of such great concern then why is it that they don't change it??? Could it be they think there doing better this way? ..Maybe you could take over as CEO , maybe then they might finish with the bronze medal, or out of the medals altogether. So maybe not.

Its one excuse after another. Talk about someone not being able to see the forest for the treee's :-k #-o
We don't come second on FTA, we win just about every match up handsomely, including finals.

Why don't the AFL give less access on fta to their fans, forcing them to take up foxtel? Maybe they believe greater exposure to the masses through TV is worth more in other areas than just pay TV revenue. Maybe they realise attendance is also important so the choose fan friendly scheduling. Maybe total ratings per season are meaningless which makes sense because no one else seems to pay them attention anywhere in the world