The AFL Puts On A Brave Face!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: The AFL Puts On A Brave Face!

Post by Fred »

Where did you get that AFLcrap? Care to comment on all the points little buddy?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:09 pm
What a fucking rambling waffle about the usual afl fans are superior crap .
Yes, he's sounding more and more like Gill everyday. Hero worship!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I thought I put a few good points forward as to possible reasons why ratings may not be the be all and end all. You both then just ignore and deflect.. as want to avoid a valid discussion on the points raised. Come on guys... step up to the plate.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Soon as you enter the Afl demographic is more valuable it becomes laughable
You have posted in the past the same thing .
How the Nrl is the bogans
Or from lower socioEconomic areas etc ..
The usual shit of how wonderful afl fans are compared to nrl fans ..

Hence my rambling shit post ..

Lol And that's not including the wankfest self praise you post .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay... read my post again. In particular the last part.

I put forth a number of hypotheticals to illustrate why ratings may not be the be all and end all.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:00 pm
Firstly... no one from fox has stated they think they paid overs. No one.

Secondly, there is more than just ratings as some have said. Afl viewers. There may be numerous things. As for ratings... no one here seems to agree and the nuances te ratings when things like when played at the same time, length of game (more minutes filled), more games per round, may be factors. I am sure all this is factored in. I think the afl support shows also rate very well and afl have a desecrated chennel for many years as a selling point. But whatever it is,,,, I’m sure this is all factored in... not just simple ratings .... is it a hugh difference anyway. But when you can fill more minutes surely that is a factor. Afl also has a much broader National reach. Let’s be real for once... rl outside nsw and qld is virtually non existent ... there are many people playing it or invested in it whereas Aussie rules has a significant presence ... just look at how many leagues and clubs are in nsw and qls compared to Rl clubs outside nsw and qld. That is simply a fact ... I know the usual suspects will try and deny this or try and twist this but we all know that is simply the reality.

So there are many factors that are likely taken into consideration when considering how much something is worth. Is this the first deal fox has had with the afl?

You would also have to wonder whether the afl demographic is more valuable ? Are afl viewers seen as bigger spenders, do the products they tend to buy attract better advertisers ... is showing an ad to an afl viewer more valuable than showing one to an nrl viewer. Is a certain age group more likely to watch afl than nrl ... and is that age group worth more (more likely to soend?).

Anyway....this is just to illustrate that straight out ratings may not be the only factor ... they are examples to illustrate a point so don’t take them literally.
So the points re: more minutes with a longer game and more games per round..... also high rating feeder shows and footy shows. Could these be reasons?

And the point about afl having a broader reach .

And what is the age demographic that mainly watch each sport... is the afl age demographic more valuable to advertisers? Many a high rating show has been axed due to attracting the over 50 market etc. some lower ratings shows attract high dollars due to the tweeny demographic.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:20 pm

Secondly, there is more than just ratings as some have said. Afl viewers. There may be numerous things. As for ratings... no one here seems to agree and the nuances te ratings when things like when played at the same time, length of game (more minutes filled), more games per round, may be factors. I am sure all this is factored in. I think the afl support shows also rate very well and afl have a desecrated chennel for many years as a selling point. But whatever it is,,,, I’m sure this is all factored in... not just simple ratings .... is it a hugh difference anyway. But when you can fill more minutes surely that is a factor. Afl also has a much broader National reach. Let’s be real for once... rl outside nsw and qld is virtually non existent ... there are many people playing it or invested in it whereas Aussie rules has a significant presence ... just look at how many leagues and clubs are in nsw and qls compared to Rl clubs outside nsw and qld. That is simply a fact ... I know the usual suspects will try and deny this or try and twist this but we all know that is simply the reality.

So there are many factors that are likely taken into consideration when considering how much something is worth. Is this the first deal fox has had with the afl?

You would also have to wonder whether the afl demographic is more valuable ? Are afl viewers seen as bigger spenders, do the products they tend to buy attract better advertisers ... is showing an ad to an afl viewer more valuable than showing one to an nrl viewer. Is a certain age group more likely to watch afl than nrl ... and is that age group worth more (more likely to soend?).

Anyway....this is just to illustrate that straight out ratings may not be the only factor ... they are examples to illustrate a point so don’t take them literally.
So the points re: more minutes with a longer game and more games per round..... also high rating feeder shows and footy shows. Could these be reasons?

And what is the age demographic that mainly watch each sport... is the afl age demographic more valuable to advertisers? Many a high rating show has been axed due to attracting the over 50 market etc. some lower ratings shows attract high dollars due to the tweeny demographic.
So your quoting yourself now Fred? I guess tha'ts one way of getting someone to agree with you

They 've stated they paid to much. They've learnt from there mistakes and are no longer prepared to come even close.
And yes ratings, people prepared to pay there $25 dollars a month is the main factor .
By the AFL, reducing there actual game time for each match completely flies in the face of what you just wrote Fred. Its the dead set opposite.

NRL replays are far more popular on Fox. Mathew Johns is the highest paid personality on Fox .

So the demographics for Fox vary between NSW and Vic.? :-k

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

no doubt rl is bigger on fox, why wouldn't it be? AFL fans in all but Victoria have far less incentive with their side shown on FTA every week.

So what exactly does that prove? RL fans are worse off?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:57 am
Fred wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:20 pm

So your quoting yourself now Fred? I guess tha'ts one way of getting someone to agree with you

They 've stated they paid to much. They've learnt from there mistakes and are no longer prepared to come even close.
And yes ratings, people prepared to pay there $25 dollars a month is the main factor .
By the AFL, reducing there actual game time for each match completely flies in the face of what you just wrote Fred. Its the dead set opposite.

NRL replays are far more popular on Fox. Mathew Johns is the highest paid personality on Fox .

So the demographics for Fox vary between NSW and Vic.? :-k

Okay... I’ll quoted myself to highlight the numerous other points raised in the thread to begin with.

So thanks for addressing the points... obviously my quote had the desired effect.

So... 1. Where has anyone from fox states they paid overs. I just want to see a quote not speculation.

2. The afl reduced quarters but also increased break times. Regardless the afl still provide many more minutes allowing more air time to be taken up. That’s air time they don’t have to fill.

3. I believe, and may be wrong, but afl shows rate extremely well. Afl360 s consistently a top rated show. Maybe someone could list the ratings if fox that would help. If nrl shows rate better then yes, that would not be a factor. Would be interesting. Also is there the same amount of hours for such shows... same content?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 pm
no doubt rl is bigger on fox, why wouldn't it be? AFL fans in all but Victoria have far less incentive with their side shown on FTA every week.

Only what we already knew.
Higher Ratings on Fox, :thumbleft:
Higher average ratings on Fox. :thumbleft:
Higher ratings on FTA. :thumbleft:
Higher ratings average on FTA : :thumbleft:

:cheers: Rugby League - Australia's most popular sport!

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Lol. Averages on fta are worthless when many AFL games are shown in one or 2 states only
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

:roll: Well at least pussy is addressing the points raised :roll:

To recap: More minutes and content. Bigger product.

Demographics may or may not be an issue just flagged as a possible consideration. But by all means fixate or obsess on that one point and ignore the others. We understand. Personally, I think in Aussie rules states this is less likely an issue given there is no divide like there is in nsw and qld between rl and ru. Where afl fits in in those states could be discussed and may be a consideration ... who knows.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:40 am
pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Lol. Averages on fta are worthless when many AFL games are shown in one or 2 states only
I notice you never got that fridge magnet.

A massive advantage that the AFL use and you still get less ratings every year. What is your excuse or are you still working on your latest o:-k

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

It isn't an advantage for averages you moron, quite the opposite. 9 games in a round may be shown on FTA but each state only gets 3-5. Therefore, on average, 3-5 total fta ratings are divided by 9 games, drastically reducing the average.

Not sure why I bother, no way you'll understand this
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

you'll never get past the fact you get beaten on just about every single game v single game match up. The only reason you come close is the AFL are forced to cram 21 hours of footy into about 30 hours over the weekend by overlapping most games. If we had the same arrangement as you, or you had ours you'd be smashed